Poly studio

krn82259

Mouseketeer
We leave in 20days! Can someone reassure me that 4 adults will be ok in a studio? I know everyone has their own opinions, but need some help. As a family, we stay in a 1 BR at BW, but it's not all of us, so thought we would give Poly a try.

I think it will be just fine! The split bathrooms really help out with getting ready! We stayed with 4 adults in the studio for 4 days and then with 5 adults for 2 and it was just fine.

We leave in 20days! Can someone reassure me that 4 adults will be ok in a studio? I know everyone has their own opinions, but need some help. As a family, we stay in a 1 BR at BW, but it's not all of us, so thought we would give Poly a try.

As you said its not for all, but there will be beds for everyone. Only thing to have in mind is that there wont be much available space to wriggle your ears on. I would recommend that you give a heads up to everyone going and then you should be fine.

regards.

I'd never do it, but you aren't staying on my points. We had me, husband, my mother and our seven yr old son in an OKW studio for about four nights. It was okay, but OKW is much bigger and has two real beds instead of one bed and one sleeper sofa (and the bunk sized murphy bed).

And as long as two people don't need to both use the bathroom at the same time in the Polynesian studio. There is only one toilet.

I have two studios for four nights each scheduled in October. I have five adults in each room. I will admit that it is a bit crowded but it works out just fine. Mostly because we tend to only be in the rooms to sleep, nap, or get ready in the mornings. We are three families who are related and close to each other, and we always travel like this. I am not saying we have not stayed in one bedroom and two bedroom suites, sometimes even multiple two bedroom suites., and had other arrangements at other times, but for us the main thing is to be together and to be at Disney World or Disneyland. We have never had a complaint that there just wasn’t enough room. We just know that there usually isn’t that much room. As long as everyone has somewhere to sleep we are happy

I'd never do it, but you aren't staying on my points.

Lol, my thoughts exactly.

But, I guess I'm at the Disney point where I do a lot of 'resort time.' And, if I don't have a bed and bathroom for my nuclear family (me, hubby, kiddo), I'd rather stay home. I actually like the Poly a bunch for the 2 adult-1 child setup since the murphy bed is pretty comfy and we still get to use the sofa/sitting area.

If one of your adults is on the smaller side, then they can use the murphy and only have one subjected to the sofa bed. And if ya'll are park commandos then it won't really matter anyway :) Try to plan at least some resort time, since the Poly is beautiful.

I think it will be just fine! The split bathrooms really help out with getting ready! We stayed with 4 adults in the studio for 4 days and then with 5 adults for 2 and it was just fine.

I agree...they way the bathrooms are split up really helps a lot!!! It really is a large studio. Love the showers in the Poly studios. id book it for my family of 4 with no hesitation.....we have a 15 year old daughter and 21 year old son and this room would work for us [even with all of our daughters clothes and make up and minnie mouse ears and shoes and, well you get the point........lolololol]

I'd never do it, but you aren't staying on my points. We had me, husband, my mother and our seven yr old son in an OKW studio for about four nights. It was okay, but OKW is much bigger and has two real beds instead of one bed and one sleeper sofa (and the bunk sized murphy bed).

And as long as two people don't need to both use the bathroom at the same time in the Polynesian studio. There is only one toilet.

The studio at the Polynesian is about 50 sq ft larger than OKW. I believe the pull-out at the Polynesian is also a queen. I slept on it one night on our last trip and it was quite comfortable. Aside from being slightly un-level near the head of the bed, it didn't feel at all like a sofa bed. We were 5 in the studio, but 3 of them were kids.

It's going to be tight. Real tight.
Not something I would do, but that's me. I need a little more space. It's fine for just two of us and even then, it's a challenge to get stuff put away.

Our family of 4 includes a teenager and young adult and we are just fine. The extra bathroom makes a huge difference and the room is quite large. We fold up the pull-out sofa every morning to maximize our space - takes a couple minutes but well worth it. Love the Poly studios!

We're trying to decide to get 2 studios (2 families) or a 2-bedroom at AKV or BLT. We own at Poly, so getting 2 studios at 11 months shouldn't be an issue. The 2-bedroom could be more a challenge. i like the space in a 2-bedroom and the extra amenities. The privacy is 2 studios is intriguing also. And I'm not sure how much we'll be in the room.

Laundry is still available at Poly, but I really liked setting a load and heading out to the parks or starting one as we went to bed. The kitchen is hit or miss. We can always get shelf-stable items and utilize the refrigerator in a studio.

The studio at the Polynesian is about 50 sq ft larger than OKW. I believe the pull-out at the Polynesian is also a queen. I slept on it one night on our last trip and it was quite comfortable. Aside from being slightly un-level near the head of the bed, it didn't feel at all like a sofa bed. We were 5 in the studio, but 3 of them were kids.
But most of the extra space is bathroom space and kitchenette space. We stayed in Moorea on our very first trip in 1997 when it was just hotel rooms. The room was pretty good sized for our group of five, the two of us, our four yr old son and his two cousins (9 and 11). But most of the space was living space; the bathroom was long and narrow with tub/shower, toilet and sink. The sleeper sofa in the Polynesian studio is a queen size, so that take even more floor space. In 1997, we had two queen beds, a twin sized day bed (real twin bed, not the convertible one), a round table with chairs and we had space for all our luggage (including using the larger dresser for clothes). Now there is very little storage space in the studio, just two smallish drawers under the bed, a couple of drawers in the bathroom and the drawers in the night stand.

OKW has two real queen beds, a table and two chairs, a tall dresser and it still feels very rooms (maybe because no murphy bed to unfold and take up space). The rooms in the three buildings at the Polynesian that were converted into DVC villas were later additions to the resort and were larger rooms with real balconies (not alternating floors like the rest of the resort).

The bathroom with the tubs in them have a ton of space, wish they had figured out a way to use it better, like adding cloths washer and dryer. If your not using the tub, you might be able to figure out a way to use that area for storage.

It will be tight, very little storage room for luggage. We took a small bag each and I did laundry one morning. It’s free and I just scheduled it into our plans while we were at the pool. Remember there is only one toilet, but two sinks, showers. We didn’t hang in the room a lot with the trip we did- 3 adults and we worked it out. I will say that I wish they had a one bedroom.

For me it depends on who the 4 adults are...

Are the 4 adults two couples or a couple and their 2 adult kids? For me that is ok.

Or, me and my three best girl friends? Again, this is not problem.

Or, is it two couples? That would be too cozy for me...

At least at the Poly it is a queen sleeper sofa. Most, if not all, of the other DVC resorts have only double sleeper sofas. As long as the two adults sleeping on the sofa don't have back problems you'll do fine.

I wouldn’t do it, 2nd “bathing room” ( no toilet so NOT a bathroom) takes up too much space

There is not a single dresser drawer. I thought that was odd. Luckily 2 suitcases can slide under the bed. I stacked my stuff awkwardly in the closet.

We stayed recently in one with 3 adults. I truly love Poly but hate that they only have studios and bungalows. I would rather just a single bathroom and more living space, or of course, 2 toilets in a split bathroom.

Poly is wonderful, and I really love the resort.

If you get down on your hands and knees you will find a drawer under the bed. Not so usable for a old guy with bad knees.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter