Pooh sized cruisers?

This thread has been great to read and reassuring as I had been wondering about the same issue. I'm starting to get a "who cares" attitude the older I get and just will enjoy my vacation.

Don't worry....Look at my pictures...I am pooh sized and so is my DH and we were married on Castaway Cay almost a year ago. His parents and sister and one of my BFF's are all pooh sized and no one had a bit of a problem!

Don't worry....Look at my pictures...I am pooh sized and so is my DH and we were married on Castaway Cay almost a year ago. His parents and sister and one of my BFF's are all pooh sized and no one had a bit of a problem!

Oh you guys both looked beautiful!!!!! What a fairy tale!:lovestruc Wow. :flower3: Looks like you have some wonderful memories!

looking at the pictures posted, and I have not seen anyone "pooh sized" cruising...So do people my size cruise? Or is it only for the beautiful people? :confused3 Anyone else out there?

here ya go....
Hurricane092.jpg

And I saw people larger than me having a great time too.

I didn't really think about my size on castaway cay. Something about the "island magic" makes you forget... I walked around in my bathing suit. Had lunch at Serenity Bay. Sat in the water down there too and read a book. Sure, I wasn't the most graceful getting out of the sand chair -- but who cares!

We even rented a watercraft and they had special life jackets for me. The cast member was very cool about pointing them out to me (they are red and hanging on a tree type thing)...he said it would be more "comfortable" for me as if he sees people like me all the time. that was it.

the servers were great. I had other dining issues so in fact it was like they kept trying to feed me more and more more.

Walt disney theater seats were kind of tight. But after the first night I just made sure my pockets were emptied.

go. have fun.

Oh you guys both looked beautiful!!!!! What a fairy tale!:lovestruc Wow. :flower3: Looks like you have some wonderful memories!

Thanks....We leave in about a month for our anniversary cruise and I can not wait!!

here ya go....
Hurricane092.jpg

And I saw people larger than me having a great time too.

I didn't really think about my size on castaway cay. Something about the "island magic" makes you forget... I walked around in my bathing suit. Had lunch at Serenity Bay. Sat in the water down there too and read a book. Sure, I wasn't the most graceful getting out of the sand chair -- but who cares!

We even rented a watercraft and they had special life jackets for me. The cast member was very cool about pointing them out to me (they are red and hanging on a tree type thing)...he said it would be more "comfortable" for me as if he sees people like me all the time. that was it.

the servers were great. I had other dining issues so in fact it was like they kept trying to feed me more and more more.

Walt disney theater seats were kind of tight. But after the first night I just made sure my pockets were emptied.

go. have fun.

HEY! You have my visor! ;) ;) Wow you guys look SOOOOO comfy in the water like that! AHHHHH! So you can move chairs into the water?? Can you tell I don't go to beaches? EVER?

the seats in the theater are tight but they do have chairs that you can sit in at the back of the theater if you need it. I have to admit the only thing I am concerned about is getting in and out of the bathroom because it can be a very tight squeeze. but other than that, enjoy yourself. THe staff coudln't be more helpful and sweet and actually I found my size helped me get to know more of them because they tended to stop and check that everything was ok and then took the time to chat.

I found my size helped me get to know more of them because they tended to stop and check that everything was ok and then took the time to chat.

:lovestruc:love:
Is there any more reason to love Disney than that???? That makes it's own loyalty program all in and of itself!!:worship::love::cloud9: A place to go and not be belittled (pardon the bad pun). And people wonder why some of us are hopeless Disney fanatics?

Thanks....We leave in about a month for our anniversary cruise and I can not wait!!

We're on the same cruise. Hope to see you both there. As I said, all 4 of us (my wife and I, and my brother and his wife) are all pooh sized. The kids, luckily, aren't lol.

My dw did have a question though since you have cruised before. For the safety drill, do you need to ask your room attendant for a bigger life jacket and do they have them? She said to me, and it makes sense, that "anything that fits a 95 lb model isn't going to fit me. I know they are adjustable, but not THAT much." And I think she has a point. So she's concerned about being at the safety drill with a life vest that wont buckle. :confused3

My dad is a big guy (not that I'm significantly smaller, but he's big in the upper body and I'm bigger in the lower half), and the lifevest does snap closed. I have noticed people who don't have the right size vest in their room (for example, they need a child one and there wasn't one) and they just bring what they have to the drill and notify the CM of what they need. I assume they have extenders or something if your vest won't snap properly, though.

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I especially love the last one, with the both of you looking at the castle with your mickey ears on. Lovely!

And I have got to ask. Where did you get your ring. I want one! That is the most perfect ring I've ever seen. Do you have any more pictures of it?

Sorry to hijack the thread!

... and I have not seen anyone "pooh sized" cruising.

You must not have seen my TR!:rotfl:

I am Pooh sized and when we went on our Disney Cruise this year, I did not feel out of place not one time. The only time I would say was uncomfortable, was at Castaway Cay, we did the Aqua trike. They have lifejackets of all sizes, so I started with Large (too small), Extra Large (too small), then I'm getting worried (and embarrased, even though no one was paying me any attention), and finally the biggest size they had fit me.

I also do not like how I look in dresses, so for our dinners, I dressed in black pants and a dress shirt.

A couple of things I want to post. The chairs in the WDT are tight, but did you know the ones in the center aisle in the center are a bit bigger. It took me 3 cruises to learn that. So I guess we can say we are "holding the seats in the WDT for us Pooh Size People.":lmao:

Life jackets.... Do not worry, they do adjust to fit everyone. With my two extra flotation devices :lmao: (for all of you that know me, can justify.....) that if it goes around me, it will go around you. The life vest are only on the front of your body. The only part that has to go around you is the strap. Just adjust the strap to the longest position and then you can tighten it if needed once on. It is easy to tighten but impossible to loosen if it is on. If any of you have Pooh Size kids, then please note, the SRH will give you a kid vest and it only goes to 80 pounds, so you may have to ask for an adult one if needed.

To the OP, I sent you a PM.:hug:

We're on the same cruise. Hope to see you both there. As I said, all 4 of us (my wife and I, and my brother and his wife) are all pooh sized. The kids, luckily, aren't lol.

My dw did have a question though since you have cruised before. For the safety drill, do you need to ask your room attendant for a bigger life jacket and do they have them? She said to me, and it makes sense, that "anything that fits a 95 lb model isn't going to fit me. I know they are adjustable, but not THAT much." And I think she has a point. So she's concerned about being at the safety drill with a life vest that wont buckle. :confused3

My Husband is 400 pounds and 6'3 and the vest fit him.....It is VERY adjustable. Don't worry about it.

Can't wait for our cruise. Did you join our Cruise thread?

Your pictures are absolutely beautiful! I especially love the last one, with the both of you looking at the castle with your mickey ears on. Lovely!

And I have got to ask. Where did you get your ring. I want one! That is the most perfect ring I've ever seen. Do you have any more pictures of it?

Sorry to hijack the thread!

Thanks so much. My husband picked the ring out all by himself! Didn't he do a great job! HERE are some more ring pictures!

I think he got the ring at the Jewelery factory Outlet...That is what he said, he thinks...LOL Guys!!! LOL

OP - Thanks for posting and thanks for everyone who has responded. You all made me feel better as we get closer to our Thanksgiving cruise.

To the OP: I am six foot two. At the start of July I was almost 390 pounds, and by my cruise in August I was just under 375 - and the only problem on my entire trip was the tight seat belt on the flight (with FF miles I was in first class, so I only had one seat). I had no problems on the cruise at all, except some embarrassment with body image issues.

I am working to continue losing weight, and booked the 2/25 three-day alone as a reward - if I make it below 345 before final payment is due I'll continue losing weight and reward myself with a weekend trip. But the important thing is that I am comfortable with everything at the size I was last August.

You will be fine. Just read above at all us POOH sized cruisers. In the ship shops, they dont usualy go much above 3xl in clothing. That is my only complaint. I would kill for some 4 and 5 xl DCL clothes......LOL

Hopefully the cruise will be fine. I'm hoping poeple are less likey to be rude or eman in person because someone just took a very sly pot shot at my size in another thread. Nice.:confused:

So do people my size cruise? Or is it only for the beautiful people? :confused3 Anyone else out there?

Size has nothing to do with beauty. Beauty lies within, not in your dress/pants size. As you can see there are many Big AND Beautiful people that cruise.

Please enjoy your cruise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter