• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pooh sized with a piglet

binkee12

Mouseketeer
Are there any rides to be aware of where a pooh-sized person should not ride with a little one because they share a bar or restraint or there is centrifical force involved that would put a little one in danger?thank you

The only ride that I felt necessary to keep my arm around my daughter was Barnstormer. I'm sure she would have been safe but it made me feel more comfortable.

Our first trip was in April so my experience doesn't cover all the rides.

Big thunder. I always thought people who reported issues were exaggerating until it happened with hubby and son. Son started truly slipping down and it was terrifying to both of them. And ds wasn’t a little guy, either, but it was the first time just the two of them rode together.

I definitely wasn’t in danger but I fly around a lot on the seat on Big Thunder Mountain when I ride with my hubby. He’s much bigger than I am and it’s just a single restraint bar.

Agreeing with previous posters about Big Thunder Mountain. Never once felt like a danger, but I surely was thrashing/banging around in my seat left and right and also literally "jumping" up out of my seat at every bump due to the lap bar not being able to go further down onto me because of the other person.

I agree with the PP"s on BTMRR. You may also want to be careful on Primeval Whirl. We are a family of three and I always sit with DH who is on the big side and let DS sit on his own. That way DS doesn't get crushed and I get a big pillow on the whirl-arounds!

Totally agree on Big Thunder. It is the only ride I feel a little nervous on. My husband is not big, but I also don't want to crush him and I definitely fly up off the seat on some of the bumps.

Yes, I have to chime in & agree on BTMRR! (Haven't done Barnstormer with a little one.) Pooh sized with Piglet sized DGD, and I was afraid she'd fly out. Had to concentrate on keeping my arm around her so she wouldn't.

I haven’t ridden Barnstormer in years but when I did I held onto my niece. I was terrified she would fall out.

So we decided after that no more rides where we share a restraint.

Agree on BTMR. I would not allow my DD to ride with my DH when she was younger. ToT used to also be "fun" but they changed the ride restraint to individual seat belts.

thanks for the replies! What about Splash Mountain? isnt that a shared restraint? thanks again

thanks for the replies! What about Splash Mountain? isnt that a shared restraint? thanks again

Yes, but the restraint is wholly unnecessary and it is not a hazard if it doesn't sit squarely on a smaller person's lap. They only added it a couple of years ago, mostly to keep people from standing up or something stupid like that. There is no force involved either that would cause any squishing.

I rode BTMR alone (2 kids ride together), and I was always sliding all over the place! :eek:

The restraints on that ride aren’t the greatest!

There isn't a danger to riding BTMRR Pooh sized with a piglet. If there was, Disney wouldn't allow it.
I've ridden with DGD since she was tall enough to ride, she's never been in any danger.
I've ridden every ride at Disney with DGD and on none of them is there a danger. Again, if there was, it wouldn't be allowed.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. However I can't wholeheartedly agree that Disney wouldn't allow something that was dangerous especially considering what was in the news earlier this year.

I agree with the others, there's a lot of room for sliding, squishing on BTMRR and while it may not be life-threatening it sure can be uncomfortable and frightening.

Thank you, I appreciate your feedback. However I can't wholeheartedly agree that Disney wouldn't allow something that was dangerous especially considering what was in the news earlier this year.
OK, I'm stumped, what was in the news earlier this year?

I don't know. DS at age 3 tried to climb out from under the lap bar at age 3 when riding BTMR with DH for the first time when the ride was stopped. DH isn't even pooh sized but he has big thighs. DS would have succeeded if DH hadn't held him down. It's definitely a loose fit for smaller folks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter