Earning My Ears
CAN ANYONE TELL ME THE PRICES OF BEER AND POP AT THE
POOL BAR AT THE HRH?

TRING TO MAKE SENSE OF SPENDING AN EXTRA $50.00/DAY
FOR CLUB LEVEL ROOM.

ALSO IS THE BEER AND POP AT CLUB LEVEL CANNED, OR
BOTTLED OR DRAFT BEER?

THANKS

We never had beer at the Beach Club, but the frozen drinks were $6-8.

Patty

consider this:
The parks sell bottled water at 3 bucks a pop. This makes me cringe, but you really need to keep hydrated when you do the parks especially in warmer weather.
If you load up only on bottled water say 3 bottles each for 3 people that's 27 dollars a day saved.
Then consider the breakfast. If you went out for just juice, toast and coffee for 2 you know it's at least 8-10 bucks. Here you have that, plus fruit, cereal, muffins, etc. Served hot and fresh in the comfort of the club lounge, instead of getting your car, driving up and down I-drive, getting lost at least once, and no refills if you get it to go.
And we have not even covered the afternoon snack and the bedtime snack.
Since I am local I usually stay offsite in a suite and provide my own breakfast, snacks, and beverages. When you are talking about myself and 2 kids it still gets expensive. Not 50 bucks but close. I think the biggest savings is actually the water- I get 28 bottles of zephyr hills for 7 bucks at costco. At the park that would cost me 84 bucks.
So if you ask me, if you aren't hauling groceries along to save a few bucks, 50 dollars a day for breakfast, beverages, afternoon and evening snacks for 2 or more people is definately worth it, besides even without those perks if you are staying at the Entertainment rate you are still at a 1st class hotel, paying far less than lodging alone at Disney.
:cool:

THANKS FOR YOUR INPUT. I WILL TAKE IT UNDER ADVISE.
YOU HAVE BEEN A GREAT HELP!!

THANK YOU

staying onsite, I often visit nearby grocery stores to quench my thirst and midnight snack urges. Just a couple of blocks from Universal you can find a store(Publix) to buy a cheap styrofoam cooler and stock it with offsite goodies. Especially water. Keep it in the bathroom on the tile, in case of leaks, and for less than a meal at the parks you can have enough in room goodies for your entire stay. Especially water. The parks never have made a remark about bringing water into the park. My experience, they only have problems with you bringing in your Happy meal or the like.
HAVE FUN

Is the Publix grocery store an easy walk from the HRH? I'd like to stock up on cheap bottled water and snacks, but am not planning on renting a car. If we could walk over to the store the first day when we get in, that would be great. We won't get there until about 6 in the evening. Is it a safe area to walk around in, if you are off the Universal properties?

It's a bit far to walk especially loaded up with bags of groceries. There is also a Walgreens a bit closer, where you can get all kinds of bottled water, snacks (mostly junkfood- if you want healthy snacks stick to the Publix for fruits and veggies LOL) and other things like sunglasses, a styofoam cooler, sunscreen, disposable cameras etc.
I would suggest a taxi, not too expensive probably about 5 dollars each way for either store- Just make sure your driver tells you the price BEFORE you get in his cab! I am sure most cabbies are upstanding and fair, but I have seen people get ripped off too.
:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter