Pop Century Room Renovations

Hey all, newbie to the forums, but not to WDW. Just booked our trip to WDW, which will be our 4 year old son's first time! We'll be staying in POP the week of January 14, and I know that is the week of MLK day, but hopefully the parks will only be extra crowded for that Sunday and Monday. Loved that the Gift of Magic was basically giving you the 6th day free if you purchased the 5 day park hopper, so we went with that, but declined any dining plan.

I booked a standard room, but would love to get a refurbished room. From speaking with a CM and reading these comments boards, I know I need to call the 407-560-CHAT number to request a refurb room, and that they can't guarantee it. My question is, should I also be requesting a building as well? Obviously, for us, the priority is the refurb and not the building, but didn't know if it was more helpful to request any refurb or the building that has already been refurbished. Apologies if that has already been answered previously, I was reading many of the previous posts, but I'm sure I could have missed something.
My suggestion would be to request the 70's. it should be done by then. The time to get to the main hall and busses will be less.

Hey all, newbie to the forums, but not to WDW. Just booked our trip to WDW, which will be our 4 year old son's first time! We'll be staying in POP the week of January 14 ....

I booked a standard room, but would love to get a refurbished room. From speaking with a CM and reading these comments boards, I know I need to call the 407-560-CHAT number to request a refurb room, and that they can't guarantee it. My question is, should I also be requesting a building as well? Obviously, for us, the priority is the refurb and not the building, but didn't know if it was more helpful to request any refurb or the building that has already been refurbished. Apologies if that has already been answered previously, I was reading many of the previous posts, but I'm sure I could have missed something.

If refurbished room is your main priority I would not ask for anything else. They would have no way to know if refurb or section were more important to you. Right now the only section done is 80's and 90's with 80's having the most rooms. While the first building of 70's is getting close I don't think they have even started the second building. So requesting any section other than those actually done would be a big risk.

Call, have them add renovated room to your reservation and nothing else. I tried to box the room with 90's my first time down since reno started because I knew the building was done. When I arrived I went to the front desk because I was not texted a room number. They told me that since my request was 90's they were going to wait as long as they could to see IF they could fulfill that. If all I wanted was a renovated room they could give me an 80's room number right then since they opened up that week. Last week I arrived to check in without doing online check-in because I wanted to go to the front desk. I had no problem requesting and getting a renovated room.

Thanks to Elsa and Hopper for their esponses. Appreciate the advice and knowledge from the both of you and the other Disney experts on these forums!

I did call and request a renovated room. I had selected 80s and 90s as my two building preferences, so I could either leave them as is or just remove one of them to decrease any ambiguity.

Thanks to Elsa and Hopper for their esponses. Appreciate the advice and knowledge from the both of you and the other Disney experts on these forums!

I did call and request a renovated room. I had selected 80s and 90s as my two building preferences, so I could either leave them as is or just remove one of them to decrease any ambiguity.

We are going in January so I have also requested the 80's and 90's as presently those are the only 2 sections that are completely refurbished. Even in January I don't anticipate the 70's to be full renovated so have chosen not to include it in my requests.

Hoping for a refurbished room. If I don't get it when I receive my room assignment I'll be checking at the front desk to see if there is any availability.

Checked out yesterday....lots of work going on. Peeking in windows, most looked close to ready. Lights on in most rooms. CM told me they hoped to be open by end of October and building 6 to start in the next few weeks. Would think after 10 opens.
This you opt out of mouse keeping? Just wondering how that is done?

This you opt out of mouse keeping? Just wondering how that is done?

If they don't offer it at check in just ask. They didn't offer it to me at check in and I forgot to ask at that moment because I had a headache from being over heated. I called from the room to have it added that night but the phone cm didn't do it right so I didn't get the gift card email. If I were you and they didn't offer it at check in and you forget to ask I would go to the lobby and ask them to add it the next time I went to refill my mug.

Does anyone know if a pack n play fits in the renovated rooms? Traveling in May with three adults, a four year old, and an 8 month old. Thanks!

Does anyone know if a pack n play fits in the renovated rooms? Traveling in May with three adults, a four year old, and an 8 month old. Thanks!
I think we've been told a pack n play fits in the area between the dresser and the bathroom. Although that is where the door is for connected rooms, so if you have a connected room you'd have to keep moving it I guess.

I think I have read some people have said it fits in the door opening in the bathroom, although that sounds really inconvenient, especially if the baby is sleeping and you have to use the bathroom. Also, sounds a bit dangerous to me, depending on what the baby can reach from the pack n play. Unless I read that wrong, or just can't understand exactly what area it was by the bathroom they are talking about.

Hopefully someone who has stayed in Pop recently with a pack n play can actually let you know for sure.

I think we've been told a pack n play fits in the area between the dresser and the bathroom. Although that is where the door is for connected rooms, so if you have a connected room you'd have to keep moving it I guess.

I think I have read some people have said it fits in the door opening in the bathroom, although that sounds really inconvenient, especially if the baby is sleeping and you have to use the bathroom. Also, sounds a bit dangerous to me, depending on what the baby can reach from the pack n play. Unless I read that wrong, or just can't understand exactly what area it was by the bathroom they are talking about.

Hopefully someone who has stayed in Pop recently with a pack n play can actually let you know for sure.
Thank you for the detailed response! I can't imagine they would have redesigned and not kept a spot for a PnP, but also don't want to assume. No connecting room for us (super tempting but not in the budget), so no issues there for our particular situation. Looking forward to others chiming in if someone has tried this configuration :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter