Pop Century Room Renovations

I have a preferred pool view room
reserved for December, does anyone know if there are any buildings in this category completed? I'm thinking probably not.

Preferred Pool View rooms are all in the 60s section (bldgs 4 & 5) facing the Hippy Dippy pool. Neither of those buildings has even been touched yet.

The only buildings that have been completed so far are 7, 8 and 9 in the 80s/90s section. Bldg 10 in the 70s is currently under construction and hopefully will open by the end of this month. AFAIK building 6 (the other 70s bldg) still has not started closing, and it looks like it probably won't until 10 is done or close to it.

If that's the new plan of attack, they may well not even start work on the 60s until after the first of the year. At the rate they're going, even if they started work today on the 60s, they woudn't be done by December. I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I'm going in February and will be happy if they just manage to get all the way through the 70s by then.

I am sure this has been asked but this thread is just too long for me to search through all the pages...Do we have an estimated date of completion for all rooms? Ill be staying at pop in march and wondering what my chances might be to snag a renovated one...

Also has there been any update on construction regarding the skyliner?

Thanks in advance!

A) Sorry for the double post. I didn't read back far enough into the thread before I started replying to posts.

To answer this question - Well, there used to be rumors about May 2018 or "late spring 2018" or whatever - but the way things are going, there doesn't seem to be any way they're going to even get close to that now. My totally unofficial wild guess five cents: By March, they'll be through the 70s, Bldg 5 (60s) will be under construction, and blds 4-1 will not have been touched yet.

This massive delay in starting 6 really makes it look like they are going to start working on just one building at a time. And judging by the progress on 10, it doesn't seem to be speeding things up.

So today I was able to switch from a Stay Play Dining offer at POR to POP Preferred. I thought that meant renovations might be done... now I am guessing they won't be done. Hmm....

This massive delay in starting 6 really makes it look like they are going to start working on just one building at a time. And judging by the progress on 10, it doesn't seem to be speeding things up.

Could it be that they will not start on bldg 6 until January because they will need those rooms available for the busy holiday season? This possibility makes me sad....I really wanted a renovated room in bldg 6 for Christmas!

I’m probably one of the few that doesn’t really care if I’m in a refurbished room or not for our trip in January.

I’m really hoping to be able to get a 50’s lake view room even though we had to book a preferred room for SPD. (I guess it’s weird I’m hoping for a downgrade, but I am! :laughing:)

Perhaps if they start the refurb to the 60’s section, I’ll have a higher chance of getting moved since a chunk of rooms in 60’s will be out of commission? *fingers crossed*

When I originally booked our Gift of Magic package for mid-April only preferred pool view rooms were available with the promotion. When I checked yesterday standard and preferred rooms also had packages available under the promotion so they may have opened up more rooms. Might be worth checking if you were not able to find availability when the promotion was first released:)

I apologize, just realized I posted this in the wrong place:(

When I originally booked our Gift of Magic package for mid-April only preferred pool view rooms were available with the promotion. When I checked yesterday standard and preferred rooms also had packages available under the promotion so they may have opened up more rooms. Might be worth checking if you were not able to find availability when the promotion was first released:)

I haven’t seen much available with SPD that doesn’t include the most expensive rooms, but I will keep checking for sure!!

Do the refurbished rooms at Pop all have murphy beds as one of the double beds now? Are they comfortable?
Thanks,
Karen

Do the refurbished rooms at Pop all have murphy beds as one of the double beds now? Are they comfortable?
Thanks,
Karen

The new rooms that sleep 4 all have 1 stationary queen bed and 1 Murphy style queen bed.

Reports I have seen the beds are very comfortable.

Last edited:
So, Pop Century experts, is it better to ask for a room in the 80s, 90s, or 70s? Looks like they are currently working on the 70s bldgs, and some rooms have to be available by Jan 2018, right? Have never stayed at Pop before, more interested in location and logistics to the main building than pools or views.

Thanks!

So, Pop Century experts, is it better to ask for a room in the 80s, 90s, or 70s? Looks like they are currently working on the 70s bldgs, and some rooms have to be available by Jan 2018, right? Have never stayed at Pop before, more interested in location and logistics to the main building than pools or views.

Thanks!

I guess the 70s would be closest*, and yes, would assume building 10 and maybe also 6 will be complete by January.

*imo the 80s and 90s are not far from the main building if one cuts through the parking lot, but I realize "far" means different things to different people. I stayed in building 7 (80s).

I was under the impression they post the videos fairly quickly after filming. Usually if there is a delay Jenn posts on Twitter. I maybe wrong though.
They seem to be less far along with the pylons in the Tim video compared to the one posted by Theme Park Ohana and the post on BlogMickey. Not much, but maybe a week or two.

To be fair, the beds are brand new of course they're comfortable. Ask again in 6 months - a year from now and the currently refurnished buildings will probably have less comfortable beds from the dozens of people sleeping on them and possible kids jumping on them and putting indents in them.

To be fair, the beds are brand new of course they're comfortable. Ask again in 6 months - a year from now and the currently refurnished buildings will probably have less comfortable beds from the dozens of people sleeping on them and possible kids jumping on them and putting indents in them.
Very true and by the time they finish the refurb on the 50's, the 90's will be due for a refurbishment again. :rolleyes:

This is a very random question but you guys are awesome, I am hoping someone can help. Does Anyone know if the pop food court sells smoothie drinks? Like danimals or something? My daughter loves having them for breakfast and instead of having it delivered I was hoping I could just pick some up in the food court. Thank you!

Do only the renovated rooms have coffee makers? We're booked in a standard room for March 25-30 and will request a renovated room, but in case our request isn't met, wondering if I need to pack a coffee maker. Thanks for any info!

This is a very random question but you guys are awesome, I am hoping someone can help. Does Anyone know if the pop food court sells smoothie drinks? Like danimals or something? My daughter loves having them for breakfast and instead of having it delivered I was hoping I could just pick some up in the food court. Thank you!
Maybe ask here https://www.disboards.com/threads/disneys-pop-century-resort-information-questions.3338191/ in the general Pop Century thread?
Do only the renovated rooms have coffee makers? We're booked in a standard room for March 25-30 and will request a renovated room, but in case our request isn't met, wondering if I need to pack a coffee maker. Thanks for any info!
Coffee makers only in renovated rooms. Coffee available in the food court. No need to pack appliances.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter