Pop Century Room Renovations

Only negative - while I was out of the room my wife said she could easily and clearly hear the people in the next room, speaking in what seemed like a normal volume level.

Around 30 POP stays, last two in renovated room. We noticed this too over other trips. I think it's the floors/furniture. There is so much hard surface that the rooms echo, especially with the murphy bed up. I think it carries the sound more.

Last edited:
So...does anyone know, if you wanted some new sheets that you would change yourself (if you opted out of mousekeeping, obviously), would Disney give them to you like they do with new towel requests?
Yes. We opted out of housekeeping for 13 days in August. We just dialled housekeeping when we needed anything, including clean sheets midway through our stay.

I had read somewhere (possibly on the DIS) that even if you opt out of mousekeeping but call for new towels/toiletries, they will drop them off in your room (no need to go to the front desk). Is that not true?
I was told to call for them. When I went to the front desk to ask for towels he told me to call from my room. It was late at night and we just wanted to shower and go to bed so we just grabbed a bunch of clean ones from the pool area. But they have grooved stripes in them so they are different from the room towels. Not sure if the resort cares. I know people wear their pool towels wrapped around them when they go back to their rooms.

We asked for toilet paper , conditioner, coffee cups and garbage bags. They threw them all in one big bag. We just used our last tissue so in the morning I will call for a couple of boxes of tissues.

I will say that although we keep our room really neat and organized, I do prefer housekeeping while on vacation. But overall I prefer the $150 gift card we got.

I take my garbage by the ice machine or down to the main level when you leave the elevator. There are large trash cans there. But we just have the small bathroom garbage.

We don’t eat in our room so we don’t have food garbage. But I see people leave their pizza boxes and leftover food on trays outside their doors and it’s gross. But I think they do they whether they have housekeeping or not.

We also got rid of our own garbage. I really can't stand seeing people's garbage outside their room. It's definitely gross.

I'm glad you're loving your room!

And I have to say, it is awesome you are so organized! It amazes me, I wish I could get organized - at home and on vacation! I know it would make my life easier...

Thanks.

Yeah, I just hate clutter. I have bins and baskets etc in my mudroom, playroom, living room etc. It’s so much easier when you have a place for everything.

But I can’t take credit for the bins in the hotel room. I’m pretty sure I got that tip here. But the “half” cube bins work really well in the Pop bathroom!

Around 30 POP stays, last two in renovated room. We noticed this too over other trips. I think it's the floors/furniture. There is so much hard surface the the rooms echo, especially with the murphy bed up. I think it carries the sound more.
That kind of stinks because I'm a light sleeper.
We also got rid of our own garbage. I really can't stand seeing people's garbage outside their room. It's definitely gross.
When we stayed at AKL we noticed this happening and it was so gross since the hallways are all inside and they aren't very wide. It just wasn't fun walking by so many dishes and piles of half eaten food.

One more thing...

We had 4 large suitcases (standard size, not carry-on) and were able to empty 3 of them completely (and store the empty bags under the bed). All the contents fit in the dresser and “closet” in the bathroom.

My one daughter is living out of her suitcase. We placed it on the luggage holder on the wall between the bathroom and the dresser (under the peg hooks).

We have not closed the Murphy bed at all. We don’t use the table. We have the two chairs side by side between the dresser and coffee console.

All our shoes are lined up on the floor by the window.

I’m basically pleased with the amount of storage. More clothing storage would have been nice. I feel they could have fit more drawer units in the room, but we do have 16 days worth of clothing for four people so I’m guessing a standard family would have enough storage room for a shorter stay.

All the rooms facing foosball area are still being refurbished. I think they are the preferred rooms. We just walked by them on our way back from AK tonight.

I haven’t heard any of our neighbors speaking or making noise.

One time in the middle of the night I heard a toilet flush and I thought to myself Wow that sounds like it’s in our room! Then I realized my daughter had gotten up to use the bathroom. Lol.

We are on the top floor so I’m not sure if that helps some.

I take my garbage by the ice machine or down to the main level when you leave the elevator. There are large trash cans there. But we just have the small bathroom garbage.

We don’t eat in our room so we don’t have food garbage. But I see people leave their pizza boxes and leftover food on trays outside their doors and it’s gross. But I think they do that whether they have housekeeping or not.
I’ve seen left over room service food trays left outside doors, I think it’s gross too.

I’ve seen left over room service food trays left outside doors, I think it’s gross too.

Is that what they tell people to do now? Yuck!

But this is the bigger problem ... and not just raccoons as Disney has tons of wild animals from boars to armadillos to deer to gators.

Racoon-garbage-can.jpg

Imagine Gators coming up to grab the rubbish!!! OMG! :eek::eek::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Maybe a good reason to NOT request 1st floor.

One trip to Sports our 1st floor door was literally feet from an Alligator Warning sign and pond.

But hey, don't laugh so hard ... don't think some steps will slow them down ...

Or they could push the button and use the elevator ...

lvgator5n.jpg

But this is the bigger problem ... and not just raccoons as Disney has tons of wild animals from boars to armadillos to deer to gators.

Racoon-garbage-can.jpg
Yes, and not to mention the bugs as well. Personally I hope they discontinue the gift card for no service. I would never do it for personal reasons, I’m on vacation and don’t want to make my own bed, change sheets, take my own trash out, etc.......just doesn’t scream I’m on vacation to me, lol. Obviously lots of others feel the $100 is worth less service.
But reports are coming in of getting cockroach infested rooms. Housekeeping won’t see them, usually seen when lights are off and you enter room and turn light on. Yuck. And also reports of rooms not ready till 8pm when they arrived in the morning :sad2: Is a bit unsettling. My perception is a cut back in housekeeping. And having to spend extra time on rooms not being cleaned for 10 days.

3 weeks till I’ll be there, hope to get new (clean)room and have a room to go to when flight gets in late afternoon!

We won’t get into the people who use the common walkway railings to hang their wet suits and towels out to dry :duck:

Maybe a good reason to NOT request 1st floor.

One trip to Sports our 1st floor door was literally feet from an Alligator Warning sign and pond.

But hey, don't laugh so hard ... don't think some steps will slow them down ...

Or they could push the button and use the elevator ...

lvgator5n.jpg

:laughing::laughing::laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter