Pop Century Room Renovations

Hi we will be here in a few weeks and having never been I don’t know what room I should request or area. We are a family kids aged 7 and 9 and have booked a standard room
My main thing is I want a refurbished room and also not a massive walk. Any suggestions? And can I email this request through or do I need to call

What has been the timeline on completing each building? Movies just started their refurbishment in the Toy Story section, so I’m curious on how “fast” each section is done.

Hi we will be here in a few weeks and having never been I don’t know what room I should request or area. We are a family kids aged 7 and 9 and have booked a standard room
My main thing is I want a refurbished room and also not a massive walk. Any suggestions? And can I email this request through or do I need to call

I would make "a refurbished room please" your only request. No room at Pop is a massive walk.

I would suggest calling. Definitely ask for a refurbished room as your #1 priority, and if being close to Classic Hall is important, also ask to be close to dining and transportation. We stayed in building 2 once, and it was a LONG walk. Stayed in building 9 recently, standard room, and a much shorter walk to the buses (We were on the end closest to the Hall). Awfully nice after a long day.

What has been the timeline on completing each building? Movies just started their refurbishment in the Toy Story section, so I’m curious on how “fast” each section is done.

Wow, I assumed they would wait to start refurbishing the All Stars until they were done with Pop. Glad I was wrong about that one!

We requested 70s lake view for a similar reason. I put it in online and will be calling in the next couple of days to confirm.

By May 31st will there be any rooms open that have yet to be renovated? I will be there on June 1st and wasn’t sure if there would be a chance that I would have a room that wasn’t renovated.

Here now and can confirm that building 5 is (mostly, possibly entirely) open. There aren’t any rooms I could see when I walked around earlier with paper taped in the windows, but it doesn’t appear that every room is occupied. I saw at least 2 or 3 rooms that were empty (possibly waiting for someone checking in today). Building 4 appears to be unoccupied. Not all of the rooms have the papers taped to the windows, but there wasn’t any sign of anyone staying in those rooms. I haven’t made it past building 3 yet.

We’re in building 6 and love our room. I thought I would be opposed to the large bottles of shampoo in the shower, but I’m finding it works better for us than trying to share one very small bottle. I’ll miss having a bottle or two to take home, though.

Today we went to Epcot. The bus driver on our way back accidentally drove us to AoA. We informed him When we arrived that we needed Pop Century, and he drove us right over. I felt so bad for the people standing there outside AoA, probably wondering what had happpened to their bus!!

Here now and can confirm that building 5 is (mostly, possibly entirely) open. There aren’t any rooms I could see when I walked around earlier with paper taped in the windows, but it doesn’t appear that every room is occupied. I saw at least 2 or 3 rooms that were empty (possibly waiting for someone checking in today). Building 4 appears to be unoccupied. Not all of the rooms have the papers taped to the windows, but there wasn’t any sign of anyone staying in those rooms. I haven’t made it past building 3 yet.

We’re in building 6 and love our room. I thought I would be opposed to the large bottles of shampoo in the shower, but I’m finding it works better for us than trying to share one very small bottle. I’ll miss having a bottle or two to take home, though.

Today we went to Epcot. The bus driver on our way back accidentally drove us to AoA. We informed him When we arrived that we needed Pop Century, and he drove us right over. I felt so bad for the people standing there outside AoA, probably wondering what had happpened to their bus!!

Building 4 is not unoccupied, I'm here now in building 4, the whole backside wing is open and occupied. Also the Perferred pool view rooms in building 4 are very close to being open as some have papers no longer tapped to Windows. On the rooms facing the courtyard, they've been filling with furniture the last few days, and doing a lot of work, not long before all of building 4 will be complete.

I would suggest calling. Definitely ask for a refurbished room as your #1 priority, and if being close to Classic Hall is important, also ask to be close to dining and transportation. We stayed in building 2 once, and it was a LONG walk. Stayed in building 9 recently, standard room, and a much shorter walk to the buses (We were on the end closest to the Hall). Awfully nice after a long day.
just calling the random disney number to request this?

Building 4 is not unoccupied, I'm here now in building 4, the whole backside wing is open and occupied. Also the Perferred pool view rooms in building 4 are very close to being open as some have papers no longer tapped to Windows. On the rooms facing the courtyard, they've been filling with furniture the last few days, and doing a lot of work, not long before all of building 4 will be complete.
Thanks! I only looked in a few rooms on the ground floor of building 4, facing the pool. One looked nearly done, and the other 2 had paper still in the windows. I’m going to walk around the rest of the building today.

Looks like I will be in a refurbished room in August. I booked a preferred pool view!!!!

You most definitely will!! Although I will never stay here again, I do like the new rooms vs the old ones. New rooms are a upgrade from old, TV's are huge and the beds are comfortable.

Looks like I will be in a refurbished room in August. I booked a preferred pool view!!!!
Yes, all Preferred Pool View Rooms are either refurbished or closed for refurbishment so anyone who has this type of room booked from here forward will receive a refurbished room.

Ok the online request thingy isn't working at all for us, I've tried 4-5 times to choose either 70's or 80's as 1st/2nd choice, every time I check back it reverts to 60's as my 2nd choice and no 1st choice!!! so whens the best time to call,how far ahead?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter