Pop Century Room Renovations

Thank you for all of the updates!
Are you still there? If so, does it look like the they've opened the rest of building 4 yet? I'm assuming bringing in furniture would be almost the last step! I'm arriving on Tuesday (preferred room) and I'd love to be in that building! Thanks for your help!
I arrive Wednesday and am hoping for building 5 or 4 (preferred as well) I have stayed in the 70's twice now and loved it but a change can be fun.

Are you still there? If so, does it look like the they've opened the rest of building 4 yet? I'm assuming bringing in furniture would be almost the last step! I'm arriving on Tuesday (preferred room) and I'd love to be in that building! Thanks for your help!
While it could happen, I would not count of the rest of building 4 being opened for your stay as the balance of the rooms being worked on have been closed for less than 2 months and most renovations are taking 70+ days to complete.

When I left Monday 4/2 building 4 rooms facing the pool were fully furnished, they also painted the sidewalk in front of those rooms, when we left they were removing the fence from around it. On the backside(facing courtyard) they were replacing the fence on the 3rd & 4th floor. Some rooms in building 4 had the window papers removed and the curtains were drawn open. I hope you get what you're requesting!

Nope I called,and that's how I figured it out:rotfl2: I remembered that detail the second she mentioned it..... (I'm slow that way) if it's a 3rd party booking,and changes or requests have to be made thru them and not Disney

I actually just called with the same issue, and my CM said that she couldn't do anything, but if I called the resort line directly (407-938-4000), they could put something down for me. The CM at that number told me to call back 10 days before I check-in

I actually just called with the same issue, and my CM said that she couldn't do anything, but if I called the resort line directly (407-938-4000), they could put something down for me. The CM at that number told me to call back 10 days before I check-in

Just so you are aware, you got bad information both times. The direct line the 1st CM gave you does not connect to the resort. It's a Central Call Center. The 2nd CM at the Call Center also gave you incorrect information. Years ago you used to have to wait until 10 days before to call in any requests. Now it can be done any time from the day you book. But, whenever you book through a 3rd party site or a Travel Agent, only they can make requests for you since they own the reservation.

Just so you are aware, you got bad information both times. The direct line the 1st CM gave you does not connect to the resort. It's a Central Call Center. The 2nd CM at the Call Center also gave you incorrect information. Years ago you used to have to wait until 10 days before to call in any requests. Now it can be done any time from the day you book. But, whenever you book through a 3rd party site or a Travel Agent, only they can make requests for you since they own the reservation.

Ugh, that's frustrating. I don't think that JetBlue is gonna call for me... Thanks for the info!

Staying May 5th -12th. I know the resort and rooms are being refurbed, but what is the pool situation? I got an email from Disney months ago saying that the bowling pool would be closed during our visit.

I must go at off times, because it's always been dead in there for me. :rotfl:

I know it's hustling/bustling at 8am - 10am when people are trying to eat and get to the parks, but the lines move pretty quickly and there are plenty of places to sit.

Last edited:
I bumped up against some pretty intense waves of teen tour groups in the evenings back in early February. May not have been representative of a normal day!

Staying May 5th -12th. I know the resort and rooms are being refurbed, but what is the pool situation? I got an email from Disney months ago saying that the bowling pool would be closed during our visit.
It as the email said, the bowling pin pool will be closed during your stay.

We leave for Pop in 34 days, and will have connecting rooms. I am wondering, two things... first, can house keeping be forfeited for just one of the rooms on the reservations, or will both have to forfeit? Second, In forfeiting house keeping how can we go about taking care of trash, replenishing towels, replenishing toiletries, etc?
We are staying nine nights, so one day in the middle we plan to have house keeping come for the sake of it! However, we have four kids all between 9 and 5 and go through some towels lol! Just trying to make a decision before we get there.
Thanks in advance!

We leave for Pop in 34 days, and will have connecting rooms. I am wondering, two things... first, can house keeping be forfeited for just one of the rooms on the reservations, or will both have to forfeit? Second, In forfeiting house keeping how can we go about taking care of trash, replenishing towels, replenishing toiletries, etc?
We are staying nine nights, so one day in the middle we plan to have house keeping come for the sake of it! However, we have four kids all between 9 and 5 and go through some towels lol! Just trying to make a decision before we get there.
Thanks in advance!
Just a heads up that I don't believe connecting rooms are ever guaranteed. They can be requested but you won't know if that request was granted until you get your room assignments and arrive at your rooms.

You can call the Guest Services number from the phone in your room to request additional towels and coffee supplies. With the larger shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower there really isn't a need to request additional toiletries.

I believe you should be able to request house keeping in one room and not the other, especially as I believe you have 2 separate reservations that you have joined together. If you would like your room cleaned in the middle of your trip you can request this and they will charge you $10/room.

Just a heads up that I don't believe connecting rooms are ever guaranteed. They can be requested but you won't know if that request was granted until you get your room assignments and arrive at your rooms.

You can call the Guest Services number from the phone in your room to request additional towels and coffee supplies. With the larger shampoo, conditioner and body wash in the shower there really isn't a need to request additional toiletries.

I believe you should be able to request house keeping in one room and not the other, especially as I believe you have 2 separate reservations that you have joined together. If you would like your room cleaned in the middle of your trip you can request this and they will charge you $10/room.
In

Thanks! It wasn' as much the shampoo, soap that I was concerned with, more of a toilet paper issue. With six people that tends to go quickly.
If I call down, do you know if we have to be in our room to accept the supplies, or will they just drop them off?
This is our first trip and did a ton of research as well as reassured by several people who have worked for Disney that with four kids under 10 and only two adults they would give us first priority of connecting rooms. Hopefully we won't have an issue!

Thanks! It wasn' as much the shampoo, soap that I was concerned with, more of a toilet paper issue. With six people that tends to go quickly.
If I call down, do you know if we have to be in our room to accept the supplies, or will they just drop them off?
This is our first trip and did a ton of research as well as reassured by several people who have worked for Disney that with four kids under 10 and only two adults they would give us first priority of connecting rooms. Hopefully we won't have an issue!
Yes, the will deliver extra toilet paper if you require it but I'm guessing your room will be well stocked. Our room had an almost full roll in the bathroom when we arrived plus 2 additional full rolls in the area with the cubbies. The rolls go a long ways. we were there for 8 days and only had to change ours once towards the end of the trip. LOL - Cottonelle it is not!

They will drop off the supplies if you are not in your room. I was there when they were delivered and wished I'd thought to tip the cast member who delivered the items. On the mornings we had towels or garbage to be picked up I would leave them outside our door and they were quickly removed.

Hope you get the connecting rooms.

Just wanted to thank everyone for all the info and keeping this thread updated!
I originally had sports booked but POP ended up being the same price. Requested 70's and 90's section, fingers crossed for refurbished rooms. We loved the new rooms the last time we were there!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter