• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Pop Century Room Renovations

Thank you! That’s what I thought. I couldn’t care less about pool view, so that’s ok. Guess I’ll have to keep my fingers crossed for a refurbished room.

Thank you! That’s what I thought. I couldn’t care less about pool view, so that’s ok. Guess I’ll have to keep my fingers crossed for a refurbished room.

Maybe put in a request for one of the sections that are done (70's) or close to done (60's), making section your only request. Gives them more play room.

And if you end up being one who is texted with a room number, if it's not in a renovated section, go to the front desk first and see if they can move you.

If you are not texted and have to go to front desk, tell them right away you'd really like a renovated room. I've had my room moved on arrival.

Since post 2 in this thread still has building 4 as incomplete, yes, if I were you I'd request 70's to make sure you get a new room.
Thanks, I might just leave the online check-in requests blank, since I've already called with room requests. It would probably be best not to add possible confusion. And we'll see what we get when we get there. Still three weeks to go!

Thanks, I might just leave the online check-in requests blank, since I've already called with room requests. It would probably be best not to add possible confusion. And we'll see what we get when we get there. Still three weeks to go!

Great idea. :thumbsup2

Ok this is frustrating. I just modified my reservation from all star movies to pop not knowing about these renovations at pop (cancelled movies due to renovations and noise issues). This is my first stay at pop. What building do you recommend that has been refurbished. Traveling with 2 year old if that makes a difference.

Ok this is frustrating. I just modified my reservation from all star movies to pop not knowing about these renovations at pop (cancelled movies due to renovations and noise issues). This is my first stay at pop. What building do you recommend that has been refurbished. Traveling with 2 year old if that makes a difference.

What kind of room did you book? Standard? Preferred? Preferred Pool View?

Buildings 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, and 10 have been 100% completed and have Standard rooms in the. Check out post #2 of this thread for more details and a map of room type locations.
Thanks. Any reports of staff upgrading to preferred?

Thanks. Any reports of staff upgrading to preferred?

Not that I have read. Upgrades are extremely rare and are done to the resorts benefit. Like if they were at capacity at Standard and had to take some rooms out of commission due to unforeseen circumstances. Like plumbing issues, etc.

That is fine. As long as I can possibly get a renovated room. Does it help to call and request one of those rooms? Are the rooms near the bridge renovated yet?
It doesn’t hurt to call so you might as well. There are a lot of rooms that have been renovated. We went at the end of February and had all of our requests met (70s highest floor). One thing I’ve learned is not to request a specific room. We’ve tried that two or three times now and it’s just too specific for them to meet that request.

It doesn’t hurt to call so you might as well. There are a lot of rooms that have been renovated. We went at the end of February and had all of our requests met (70s highest floor). One thing I’ve learned is not to request a specific room. We’ve tried that two or three times now and it’s just too specific for them to meet that request.
So you would recommend the 70's building at the highest floor?

So you would recommend the 70's building at the highest floor?
I would highly recommend those requests. We were near the corner close to the buses and it was fantastic! We are park open/park close people so having that short walk from buses at night and in the morning was great! It was also really quiet being close to that corner.

I would highly recommend those requests. We were near the corner close to the buses and it was fantastic! We are park open/park close people so having that short walk from buses at night and in the morning was great! It was also really quiet being close to that corner.
That sounds like my type of room. Will call and request that

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter