Pop Century Room Renovations

It was last updated 5 days ago. Hopefully someone has a trip soon that is willing to report back.
I wish I could volunteer to do that lol - in September if it's still needed but most likely not - surprised they haven't started on building two yet though

Booked Pop for first time for FD in December! Can someone explain the building numbers for The 70's section. It seems like all the other sections have numbers in order (1,2,3 in 50's section) but looking at the map, it seems 70's has a building 6 and a building??? 10, 0, I can't figure it out based on the room numbers.

Also, is it considered a sister resort with AOA--can you use pools at both resorts or not? TIA!

Sorry, no it's not a sister.

You can eat there, use the buses, wander about for great photo ops (we do all that) just like any other resort but you can not use their pools.

You should tell that to the person that rated pop on TripAdvisor today.

I looked but don't see how to respond. I've posted reviews but never responded to any.

I see Disney responds on there, surprising, wonder if they will.

I looked but don't see how to respond. I've posted reviews but never responded to any.

I see Disney responds on there, surprising, wonder if they will.
I was just kidding lol. It doesn’t let you reply to other reviews. I love getting on there to read reviews. I get a good laugh every now and then.

I was just kidding lol. It doesn’t let you reply to other reviews. I love getting on there to read reviews. I get a good laugh every now and then.

It used to be the horror of horrors and people sharing stories I swear were half made up. I figured it would go away, but it's been good to see them somewhat re-invent themselves, diversify a bit and maybe pick up some good ideas from the hotel discounters and places like Yelp. I have never done Orlando reviews, but maybe I should get some popcorn and read them.

It used to be the horror of horrors and people sharing stories I swear were half made up. I figured it would go away, but it's been good to see them somewhat re-invent themselves, diversify a bit and maybe pick up some good ideas from the hotel discounters and places like Yelp. I have never done Orlando reviews, but maybe I should get some popcorn and read them.
Omg they are so funny. There are tons of people that complain about FP because they didn’t want to “pay” for it after paying a ton to go to Disney lol.

Haha so I'm not the only one who reads them just for entertainment! Some of them are so ridiculous. I like to look at photos on there though!

Haha so I'm not the only one who reads them just for entertainment! Some of them are so ridiculous. I like to look at photos on there though!
I like reading reviews of places we haven’t been to at Disney and I like looking at the pictures too. I just try to ignore some of them because they are such bad reviews. Some people will complain about anything. One time I saw one that said something like “fop had a 120 minute wait which is an hour and 20 minutes but we waited 2 hours!”

I like reading reviews of places we haven’t been to at Disney and I like looking at the pictures too. I just try to ignore some of them because they are such bad reviews. Some people will complain about anything. One time I saw one that said something like “fop had a 120 minute wait which is an hour and 20 minutes but we waited 2 hours!”

:rotfl2:

:rotfl:

Personally, while it's annoying, I kind of don't mind that there are masses of clueless people like that at Disney. It makes it way more efficient for those of us in the know who plan our vacations and know that there are ways to minimize waits, costs, etc.

:rotfl:

Personally, while it's annoying, I kind of don't mind that there are masses of clueless people like that at Disney. It makes it way more efficient for those of us in the know who plan our vacations and know that there are ways to minimize waits, costs, etc.
That is so true. We hear lots of complaints at the park and I’ve even helped clarify things for some while at the parks, but having people be clueless sure makes my days run smoothly lol.

Question regarding the new refurbished rooms. I'm told, though I haven't seen, that a pack n' play can fit between the dresser and the bathroom wall (in front of connecting door if there is one) or the dresser and the coffee/fridge cabinet. Standard Pack n' Play would be 41" wide. Wondering if there's enough room in either space to put a slightly larger sleeping surface for a toddler/toddler sized child. My youngest daughter's sensory/sleeping travel tent is 60" but also wondering if we can put a 52-54" crib mattress in these spots if that wouldn't work :confused3. Anybody know or tried it? (Or have a measuring tape for the curious at home)

I'm sure that this has been addressed, but will all the rooms likely be done by September 2018?
plan for 3 months from when they start the last building, If they start it by 1st of June then I would say yes. No reports of building 2 or 1 started yet. But that said by Sept they should all be done or in process for sure, so you should get a refurbished room

plan for 3 months from when they start the last building, If they start it by 1st of June then I would say yes. No reports of building 2 or 1 started yet. But that said by Sept they should all be done or in process for sure, so you should get a refurbished room
So buildings 1 and 2 are the only ones they haven't started on yet?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter