Pop Century Room Renovations

I have noticed a lot of folks saying they use air mattresses at the value resorts. We have not used air mattresses, but had used a kids cot. Our first stay was at ASMo and we placed the cot between the two beds. Second stay was at POP and placed the cot between the bathroom wall and bed. When folded up, we were able to fit it in a suitcase for air travel. Our daughter has outgrown the kids cot, so we purchased an outad cot in a medium size. When taken apart if is smaller than the folded up kids cot and it is quite a bit lighter. It's the same width as the kids cot was, just longer. I think it would take up less floor space than an air mattress, plus don't have to worry about leaks. Only bad thing is it looks like it has over doubled in price since I bought it a couple months ago.

We had a gecko and a bug in our offsite room last time.

It's life sometimes.

Living in Oklahoma, I've had brown recluses in my bed, black widows in our carport, snakes in the yard, scorpions caught in glue traps....it's just life in the south.
We are used to Palmetto bugs here in Alabama. A german roach (i think thats the name they are smallish and seen as an infestation where palmetto you will only see 1 cause they typically live outside in trees) and a palmetto bug are very different. If i see a german roach we call an exterminator. We see a palmetto bug we grab a shoe.

I have noticed a lot of folks saying they use air mattresses at the value resorts. We have not used air mattresses, but had used a kids cot. Our first stay was at ASMo and we placed the cot between the two beds. Second stay was at POP and placed the cot between the bathroom wall and bed. When folded up, we were able to fit it in a suitcase for air travel. Our daughter has outgrown the kids cot, so we purchased an outad cot in a medium size. When taken apart if is smaller than the folded up kids cot and it is quite a bit lighter. It's the same width as the kids cot was, just longer. I think it would take up less floor space than an air mattress, plus don't have to worry about leaks. Only bad thing is it looks like it has over doubled in price since I bought it a couple months ago.

The only issue we have with using something like that is that the Outad cots I've found are only 26 inches wide. The twin inflatable is 39 inches, so they lose a lot of space with a cot.

Hubby and I were even thinking of making a portable bed separator (we've seen some made for RVs made of pvc and canvas that could be easily broken down for a suitcase) to place on the queen bed. That would give the kids 30 inches width at least, which might not be too bad.

The only issue we have with using something like that is that the Outad cots I've found are only 26 inches wide. The twin inflatable is 39 inches, so they lose a lot of space with a cot.

Hubby and I were even thinking of making a portable bed separator (we've seen some made for RVs made of pvc and canvas that could be easily broken down for a suitcase) to place on the queen bed. That would give the kids 30 inches width at least, which might not be too bad.

I probably should have mentioned that my daughter is only 7. A long skinny 7. The new cot is approx the same width as her kids cot, just longer. That being said, I don't think I would be very comfortable on the cot. It could probably work for younger kids that can sleep anywhere, or those that don't move around much in their sleep.

I probably should have mentioned that my daughter is only 7. A long skinny 7. The new cot is approx the same width as her kids cot, just longer. That being said, I don't think I would be very comfortable on the cot. It could probably work for younger kids that can sleep anywhere, or those that don't move around much in their sleep.

I was just talking this over with my 12-year-old daughter (re: the size of the cot), and she was like "I don't care, I will sleep on it. I just want to go back to Pop!"

Apparently, she doesn't want to stay anywhere else. Pop is the only place that has the Benedict Burger. :flower:

We had a gecko and a bug in our offsite room last time.

It's life sometimes.

Living in Oklahoma, I've had brown recluses in my bed, black widows in our carport, snakes in the yard, scorpions caught in glue traps....it's just life in the south.

We're in northeast Oklahoma / Grand Lake area. I've killed so many brown recluses in my house that I couldn't even begin to count (especially the first year we moved in), and just killed a snake in our yard a week ago. I don't like killing them and it was pretty sad, but I can't risk our little dog getting in a tangle.

I can't help but laugh when I read about someone freaking out over a bug in their room :rotfl:

Im at the pop now. I was talking to a couple of front desk CMs and one said that no one ever wanted to be back on the 90s in the pas and now they are all be wanting to be put back here. Lol

We stayed at the '90's end of January '16 in the building with the giant computer. We thought they were quite nice. Pool was right there and the walk through or around the parking lot to the buses was super quick.

Why don't you just have 1 bed for the girls and 1 bed for the guys? Not like you're going to be able to fool around with two teenagers 3 feet away anyway! lol

It's June next week! Has anyone arriving in early June found out if they'll be able to request a refurbished room?

I called the reservation line and the girl I spoke with acted like it was no problem to list that as my request. When I check MDE now for the online checkin, it appears whatever notes she put in cleared out my original requests, so fingers crossed!

I'm checking in June 1st though, so I won't be disappointed if I end up in a non-refurb room.

Hope you get one of the new rooms @ItsLayne !!

Okay....and hoping if you do you'll have time either during or after your trip to post pics too! :) I'm really looking forward to seeing pics of the side of the room that has the new dresser, TV and coffee cabinet. Trying to see how much room there is on either side of the dresser....and what coffee maker they put in!!!

Oh, trust me, if I luck out and get one, I'll make sure to take lots of pictures and (hopefully) figure out how to post them here from my phone. Would take the laptop to make it easier, but last time I took the laptop to Disney it ended up just being a charging station.

We stayed at the '90's end of January '16 in the building with the giant computer. We thought they were quite nice. Pool was right there and the walk through or around the parking lot to the buses was super quick.

Our family has requested and received rooms 9454 and 9455 (80's section) for the past 3 years and I'm afraid once these are refurbished, we won't be able to get 'our' beloved rooms.

Question?!? I have a 6yr old boy that loves to run/jump around the room. Are the floors thick enough to where you cant hear if you are staying in the room below? Or should I just try to request a ground floor room??

Question?!? I have a 6yr old boy that loves to run/jump around the room. Are the floors thick enough to where you cant hear if you are staying in the room below? Or should I just try to request a ground floor room??

You have nothing to worry about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter