Pop up ads on these boards... WAy more obnoxious than in the past??

Just have to say again, Firefox rocks on the dis, finally zero clutter on Android.

Yes, and it doesn't even need to be configured like one may want to do with the computer version of an AdBlock. Just install on Android Firefox and DONE.

Everyone who has ad blockers running... please go to the transportation forum (https://www.disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/) and see if you see an UndercoverTourist (when I hover over the ad, the link at the bottom shows it's UT) ad at the top.
View attachment 716071

It's the only forum I see the ad on, I'm running ABP in addition to Adblock.
Yes, I see it, Sam. And if I try to close it with the X in the upper right, it is a deceptive, non-working X, that rather takes me to UCT instead of closing it. I have seen links on here on the dis, linking to UCT for their tickets. I assume the dis and UCT have a deal together and the banner serves as a jumbo link to UCT, similar to the link for the dis real estate operation selling houses that was on the forum a few days back.

Yes, I see it, Sam. And if I try to close it with the X in the upper right, it is a deceptive, non-working X, that rather takes me to UCT instead of closing it. I have seen links on here on the dis, linking to UCT for their tickets. I assume the dis and UCT have a deal together and the banner serves as a jumbo link to UCT, similar to the link for the dis real estate operation selling houses that was on the forum a few days back.
Is this the one you're talking about?
1667491192833.png

I used the "block element" on both of them and they're gone now. It just makes me wonder if Dis is trying to find ways around pop up blockers (why are these different?).

I have an ad blocker on my computer, but I haven't been able to block the ads on my phone. These boards are totally unusable on my phone now bc of the ads.

I have an ad blocker on my computer, but I haven't been able to block the ads on my phone. These boards are totally unusable on my phone now bc of the ads.
Same here. I have an android and refuse (so far) to use a different browser for a single website.

Try using the Firefox browser on your phone. I installed a few days ago, it eliminated every ad. It is fabulous.

Same here. I have an android and refuse (so far) to use a different browser for a single website.
Give in, Sam. I did the other day. I just have the Firefox icon on my home page, just like my Chrome one. If I want to use this board, I just use Firefox. It is great.
I installed Firefox on my phone and it is so much better! So glad I found this thread.
Great. That was fast.

Everyone who has ad blockers running... please go to the transportation forum (https://www.disboards.com/forums/transportation.16/) and see if you see an UndercoverTourist (when I hover over the ad, the link at the bottom shows it's UT) ad at the top.
View attachment 716071

It's the only forum I see the ad on, I'm running ABP in addition to Adblock.
The image is being served up from www.wdwinfo.com, a site not normally known to serve ads.

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 4.42.13 PM.png

Ad blockers often just blanket block entire domains. That is why ads like this sneak through.

That is also why YouTube ads are tough to block. They are served up from the same domain as the YouTube content.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter