POP vs POFQ

Off to Neverland 7

DIS Veteran
Hello all!
Hubs and I will be at WDW for 4 nights in December and are having difficulty deciding on a resort, POP or POFQ. This will be our first Christmas time trip and will be traveling just the two of us. We've stayed at Pop 4 times now and are looking to try something new but these renovated rooms got me reconsidering.. can you help us decide?

POFQ is very quaint and I think perfect for a couple. It's our favorite resort because it is small and quiet and has a great walk alongside the water to POR. We had a great king corner room with a water view. It was perfect!

Edited to show the view from our room.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.JPG
    IMG_1078.JPG
    175.1 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Definitely POFQ! But book ASAP! It fills up quickly-we are going for a couple nights in December and it took a week of checking for me to snag a room there. We stayed at POP in March and, as an adult couple, we could not handle the chaos. I think POP is more of a family resort. If we have kids someday, I'll be a good parent and take them there because they will love it, but not the best resort for couples!

We stayed at POR in August and almost wished we stayed at POFQ. We found ourselves walking there more than we spent time at POR
The only thing we liked better about POR was the grounds, landscaping, and the pools (both main pool and quiet pools).
The things I didn't like about POR was the size, the busses, and how busy the food court always was.

We usually do deluxe resorts, and I'll admit, I was kind of unprepared for how big POR was. We had a Royal room in the Parterre building, and walking to everything took some time. It was about a 5 minute walk to the main building to refill out mugs and a 5 minute walk to the south depot bus stop. The problem with the south depot bus stop is that it's almost always standing room only by the time the bus circles the resort and gets there (it's the last stop). The east depot was better, but was a 10 minute walk for us.
The food court was always packed and finding a table often proved hard in the mornings and the evenings. Lunch was never a problem. We went for a late dinner around 9:00pm thinking the dinner crow would be gone. Nope! The lines for food were so long, you couldn't tell were they began. We were lucky and got a table but people were circling the room looking for one. I will say though, that their food was the best out of any quick service we've been at.
I didn't like the busses at POR at all. Although this was probably due to our room location. At the south depot (which was closest to us) we were the last ones picked up, and the last ones dropped off. On our way back from the parks, we rode the bus while it stopped at each bus depot along the way. We felt like we spent more time walking to, waiting, and riding the bus more than we spent time in the parks.
As the week went on, we started walking to and getting off at POFQ. It's only one stop there. I shutter to thing of how much time we would have saved from the busses by staying there!

You know what Pop is like so POFQ will be a little less crowded in the public areas, the rooms are a tad bigger. Pop is upgrading to queen beds so if you got a renovated room there, the bed sizes would be the same as POFQ. POFQ is the only moderate I have not stayed at because I'm just not a fan of how the grounds look, too motel looking for me and I don't like the other the top tacky theming. I've stayed at Pop but not in a renovated room. Personally, I don't stay in the value resorts for longer than a night or two during a split stay. They are just too hectic and too Motel 6 ish for me. If I had small kids, my thoughts might be different on that. To be honest, I also don't stay at moderate resorts for my entire trip, it's one or two nights there during a split stay where I switch to a deluxe for the majority of my trip. I think if you can afford it, an upgrade to a moderate might be fun especially for a couple. They all have at least one table service restaurant and have quiet pools, which are a plus in my book.

One more vote for POFQ! I've stayed at POP and POFQ (love both), but if I had to pick one I'd always go to POFQ! It is such a compact quiet resort and it is so relaxing there.

If the money isn't an issue then by all means POFQ. We like both resorts but for a couples getaway POFQ (especially the corner King rooms) is just great. Pop can feel hectic, we were there in February for a family stay and there were some very large groups of teenage girls from Argentina. The year before we stayed at Pop in February and no groups and very quiet. I do not think POFQ gets any groups.

We did POP a couple of times for marathon weekend, then switched to POFQ. The best $$$ we ever spent.

Then we upgraded to POFQ garden view. This was the 2nd best $ we ever spent.

Just got back from WDW. I had originally planned to do a split stay Pop/POFQ/YC, then decided to go Pop/POFQ. Have previously stayed at BC/BCV/CSR/Pop/AoA so have a vague idea of the various levels.

Got to WDW and got a refurbished room at Pop as requested. Loved the refurbished room, the flooring, the beds, the sheer number of USB charging points (10 of them, plus outlets everywhere), the overhead shower, etc. I loved the fact that if you only need one bed, you can keep the Murphy bed up and have a huge table instead, with plenty of floor space around there.

In fact I liked the refurbished room so much that I decided to just stay at Pop for the whole duration of my stay, and called to change my POFQ reservation to Pop on I think my second or third night at Pop...

Another vote for POFQ. We stayed there December 2016 and loved it! The resort never felt crowded and the food court lines weren't too long. Enjoy your trip!

Back in 2009 DH and I did a split stay, 5 nights at ASMu followed by 5 at POFQ. We had stayed at POP on the 2 previous visits, so we were very familiar with POP. When we were leaving POFQ, I said to DH that next time we should save money and just stay at POP next time. And we did. I just didn't feel that POFQ was worth the extra money. But we always rented a car so we never had to deal with buses. I stayed at POP one more time with DD's family and again we had a car. I have always been happy at POP and I think that I would like it even more with the newly renovated rooms.

That said, my resort of choice is now POFQ. I love the size of the resort, the ease of getting to POR, and especially the boat to Disney Springs. And money is not quite the issue that it used to be. When I travel by myself or with DS, I do not have a car.

Just got back from WDW. I had originally planned to do a split stay Pop/POFQ/YC, then decided to go Pop/POFQ. Have previously stayed at BC/BCV/CSR/Pop/AoA so have a vague idea of the various levels.

Got to WDW and got a refurbished room at Pop as requested. Loved the refurbished room, the flooring, the beds, the sheer number of USB charging points (10 of them, plus outlets everywhere), the overhead shower, etc. I loved the fact that if you only need one bed, you can keep the Murphy bed up and have a huge table instead, with plenty of floor space around there.

In fact I liked the refurbished room so much that I decided to just stay at Pop for the whole duration of my stay, and called to change my POFQ reservation to Pop on I think my second or third night at Pop...

How was the distance of the Refurbished rooms from the main building? How was the construction? Could you hear it from your room?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter