Pork roast in crock pot???????

When you say marinade, do you mean you marinade first and then remove it from marinade and cook it in the crockpot? Or do you cook it in the marinade?

I actually just let it simmer in the marinade all day. It gives it a really great flavor.

I would never add sauerkraut to one of those Italian pork roasts! And I love sauerkraut. ;) Obviously it's too late now, but I often make those seasoned pork roasts in the crock. I serve them with either buttered egg noodles, mashed potatoes or sometimes I serve it with a side of angel hair made with roasted garlic & olive oil. We round out with a cooked veggie & side salads.

I'm going to have to try that sauerkraut thing, just not tell the kids.
I just normally throw the pork in the crockpot and pour a jar of pork gravy over it. That's it and my kids love it! I serve with mashed potatoes and normally green beans.

Good luck with not telling the kids! :rotfl: As much as I love pork & sauerkraut sometimes the smell is just awful in the crock. :( I have to crack a window because it makes DD sick to her stomach...no hiding what I'm making. LOL

I also make my MIL's pork & beans recipe in the crock. Great Northern beans mixed with ketchup, brown sugar & a little Worcestershire sauce in the bottom & a plain pork roast plopped on top. Yummy!

If you're still looking for ideas for using pork in the crock, make sure you check out the pork section of the index for our "Crockpot Crazy" thread at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1915122 The recipes are in the actual thread at: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=275509

I have been making this really good crock pot pork roast lately and making mashed cauliflower to go with it and it has been awesome! DH is on a low carb diet so I have been trying to find good alternatives for him and he loves it too.

i never eaten pork yet.
smile.jpg
.i l try this one..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter