Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter Room Request Fax Thread

Got to POR yesterday at noon. Our room wasn't ready but they told us they couldn't move us because of our requests. We had asked for a fridge and microwave for medical purposes and to be close to the main building and bus with no stairs. We had booked garden veiw. We got pixie dust and got in room 1427. but no fridge or microwave but after talking to a few people we got a new fridge and a microwave. Thank you for all the info here

Got to POR yesterday at noon. Our room wasn't ready but they told us they couldn't move us because of our requests. We had asked for a fridge and microwave for medical purposes and to be close to the main building and bus with no stairs. We had booked garden veiw. We got pixie dust and got in room 1427. but no fridge or microwave but after talking to a few people we got a new fridge and a microwave. Thank you for all the info here

Wow yeah I read your other post that was crazy! If you have further issues or just need some info don't hesitate to let me know.

Checking into FQ on 10/19. requests in reservation are Bldg 4, upper floor, connecting rooms with my sister. I saw a post from someone who was in building 4 recently and she said the noise from the movies was loud in her room.

Did I chose the wrong building? Another Dis'er suggested that bldg 4 was quiet and near the bus stop and food court. We have a garden view booked.

Checking into FQ on 10/19. requests in reservation are Bldg 4, upper floor, connecting rooms with my sister. I saw a post from someone who was in building 4 recently and she said the noise from the movies was loud in her room.

Did I chose the wrong building? Another Dis'er suggested that bldg 4 was quiet and near the bus stop and food court. We have a garden view booked.

There are some rooms in building 4 fairly close to where the movies as shown, but not all of them. These are quite big buildings don't forget.

I've rarely heard anyone say that the movies have been a problem once the door is shut (and they'll be finished before 10pm anyway).

Andre

I posted this elsewhere before finding this thread..I think you guys will be able to help me figure this out.

Myself, dh and my nephew have a standard royal room booked (it's the only option i had come up for the free dining & figured the nephew would get a kick out of it).

My son and my Mother are arriving 6 days after us and they are booked in just a regular standard room.

Are there even any regular standard rooms in Oak Manor? I thought there was but maybe they are all royal rooms?

How would I best word my fax to try and get us in at least the same building, I would prefer adjoining or connecting but is there even any chance of that? We would also prefer to be Oak manor as my Mom is elderly and the walking will be a lot for her. So I think Oak manor would be the best location in terms of bus stop/food area/pool.

Given that we are checking in 6 days apart would they even be able to accomodate such a request? Should we each be faxing the same request for our reservations..or would one fax be good?

I wish we would have been both able to book regular standard rooms to avoid the whole difference in room category's!

Are there even any regular standard rooms in Oak Manor? I thought there was but maybe they are all royal rooms?

How would I best word my fax to try and get us in at least the same building, I would prefer adjoining or connecting but is there even any chance of that? We would also prefer to be Oak manor as my Mom is elderly and the walking will be a lot for her. So I think Oak manor would be the best location in terms of bus stop/food area/pool.

All the rooms in Oak Manor are royal rooms. The best you could do then is that soom of the rooms in Oak Manor are pretty close to some of the rooms in Magnolia Terrace.

All the rooms in Oak Manor are royal rooms. The best you could do then is that soom of the rooms in Oak Manor are pretty close to some of the rooms in Magnolia Terrace.

Thanks for clarifying that.:thumbsup2

So now that i know I have to request the two diff buildings..is it possible for me for to request this even though we are checking in 6 days apart? Should we both fax?

I am sooo not good at waiting! You said to put requests in 3-5 days before arrival, I waited until it was after midnight, so technically it is 5 days before :) I just knew this weekend would be maddening, have to be in 2 states in one day and with all the driving, I knew I'd forget this minor planning detail. Not really concerned with the type of room we'll get, just feels like it's one extra thing to do to help us get excited that WE ARE GOING to DISNEY!!! My kids are all teenagers and I've had to sit through Tangled, Little Mermaid, and three other films just this week b/c my daughter wants to make sure we're in the Disney spirit for our upcoming trip...I almost have all the words to a Tangled song down much to my son's chagrin... :) Thanks for this thread and for helping those of us with planning uberitis manage our crazy need to Disneyfy everything! :)

Thanks for clarifying that.:thumbsup2

So now that i know I have to request the two diff buildings..is it possible for me for to request this even though we are checking in 6 days apart? Should we both fax?

I recommend both faxing.

I am sooo not good at waiting! You said to put requests in 3-5 days before arrival, I waited until it was after midnight, so technically it is 5 days before :) I just knew this weekend would be maddening, have to be in 2 states in one day and with all the driving, I knew I'd forget this minor planning detail. Not really concerned with the type of room we'll get, just feels like it's one extra thing to do to help us get excited that WE ARE GOING to DISNEY!!! My kids are all teenagers and I've had to sit through Tangled, Little Mermaid, and three other films just this week b/c my daughter wants to make sure we're in the Disney spirit for our upcoming trip...I almost have all the words to a Tangled song down much to my son's chagrin... :) Thanks for this thread and for helping those of us with planning uberitis manage our crazy need to Disneyfy everything! :)

Yeah me either. Yeah we are all like that with Disney Stuff everywhere in the house almost all of the time. No problem that is what I enjoy, to help guests day in and day out make their trips as magical as can be!

I just wanted to thank you for your advice and to let you know we got the building we requested! We were thrilled and are enjoying our stay immensely! We LOVE the CMs at French Quarter...the ones we see as we'll as the ones we don't see! Thanks again for your help!!

I just wanted to thank you for your advice and to let you know we got the building we requested! We were thrilled and are enjoying our stay immensely! We LOVE the CMs at French Quarter...the ones we see as we'll as the ones we don't see! Thanks again for your help!!

Glad to hear this. I hope you all have a very magical stay!

Hi...we are arriving at POR Oct.2-8th originally booked a standard royal guest suite because the garden view was unavailable. I would prefer to not get a parking lot view. Is it ok to request an upgrade to a garden view, corner room and not on the first floor? Would they even consider a river view room for me? Maybe I'm asking for too much? Oh and we have friends (family of 4) that have booked a regular standard room that we'd like to be close to.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Hi...we are arriving at POR Oct.2-8th originally booked a standard royal guest suite because the garden view was unavailable. I would prefer to not get a parking lot view. Is it ok to request an upgrade to a garden view, corner room and not on the first floor? Would they even consider a river view room for me? Maybe I'm asking for too much? Oh and we have friends (family of 4) that have booked a regular standard room that we'd like to be close to.

When you fax, tell them that when you originally booked, the other categories were not available. Ask if any availability might have come up in the meantime and say you'd love to upgrade to avoid a parking lot view and be closer to the river if possible. Mention that you'd be happy to pay the difference in price if there is one of course. Do not fax before 5 days out as that's when they can start looking at discretionary category switches depending on availability.

You and your friends should already have arranged to link your bookings in the reservation system, but you can also add a mention of that in your fax too, to ask if you could be located somewhere fairly nearby to each other (e.g. Oak Manor and Magnolia Terrace). There have even been occasions where people have been given pixie dust Royal upgrades to get rooms closer together, but best not to count on this (also best not to ask for it directly).

Andre

When you fax, tell them that when you originally booked, the other categories were not available. Ask if any availability might have come up in the meantime and say you'd love to upgrade to avoid a parking lot view and be closer to the river if possible. Mention that you'd be happy to pay the difference in price if there is one of course. Do not fax before 5 days out as that's when they can start looking at discretionary category switches depending on availability.

You and your friends should already have arranged to link your bookings in the reservation system, but you can also add a mention of that in your fax too, to ask if you could be located somewhere fairly nearby to each other (e.g. Oak Manor and Magnolia Terrace). There have even been occasions where people have been given pixie dust Royal upgrades to get rooms closer together, but best not to count on this (also best not to ask for it directly).

Andre

Thank you for the suggestions! I will cross my fingers and hope for some magic! :)

Thank you Andre for helping me out. I just haven't been on top of this for the obvious reason.

Traveling to POFQ on Wednesday Sept 25th for 4 night stay. Planning on faxing a request mainly to ask for a 1st floor room since we won't be arriving til approx. 2 a.m. in the morning and don't want to disturb anybody in rooms below us.
2 questions -- 1) I am faxing from work so should I send in on Friday, Sept. 20th (5 days out) or wait til Monday, Sept. 23rd (2 days out). Seems too close one way, but too far out the other way??? 2) Should I be concerned that by arriving so late at night (into the next morning) that I will just be given whatever room remains. I paid for a riverview, requesting building 5, but would gladly take building 4 or 3, even though different (cheaper) category. Just hoping we don't get building 1,6, or 7 because I really don't think we would like the quiet, peaceful area as much as the 16 year old son would like being closer to the pool and food court!!

1) I am faxing from work so should I send in on Friday, Sept. 20th (5 days out) or wait til Monday, Sept. 23rd (2 days out). Seems too close one way, but too far out the other way??? 2) Should I be concerned that by arriving so late at night (into the next morning) that I will just be given whatever room remains.

5 days out is absolutely fine, especially as you're not asking for a category change. I assume you have already done Online Checkin and asked for a ground floor room there too?

Let them know in you fax how late you are going to be arriving, and explain the reason for your request and your worry that all the building 5 rooms might have gone by then.

Andre

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter