Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

We probably would just have enough at one lower and one higher priced flights...that would be over 70,000 points! The problem is that both of my sons and their wives will be booking also and at that higher point use they probably would run short. May take a chance that fares will drop. I'll keep checking.
Thank you.

Have you checked the fares into Orange County (SNA)? Sometimes fares are cheaper going in to one of the other 4 airports in the area. (SNA is closest to Disneyland, then Long beach, LAX, Ontario, and finally Burbank). All will require renting a car or getting some other form of transportation to DL.

Steve

I did check all of the other airports. There is only one flight out to each of them and the points are even higher! We may try to take a later flight out to save points. Thanks for your suggestion though.

Hi all,
I"m sorry if this was already asked/answered--if you purchase EBCI do they check you in based on when you purchased your tickets? Meaning if I purchased the day they were released vs someone who purchased 2 months later, I would get a higher boarding position?

Hi all,
I"m sorry if this was already asked/answered--if you purchase EBCI do they check you in based on when you purchased your tickets? Meaning if I purchased the day they were released vs someone who purchased 2 months later, I would get a higher boarding position?
It goes by when you purchased EBCI, not when you purchased your ticket.

It goes by when you purchased EBCI, not when you purchased your ticket.

That being said, I purchased mine about a month before my mom did hers and she had a better boarding number than me. I never could figure out why.

In Oct I booked a flight for in-laws. Flight is for March trip to Disney. Used some travel vouchers I got on June 1 for my flight that was cancelled. Paid the additional cost with CC. MIL IS dealing with illness and cannot go on March trip.

Can we switch inlaws names to our names as well as switch flights and departure airports? But same dates.

If I cannot switch to our names, what is cancel policy? When do I need to do it by and when do they need to use the funds by? Also what about the vouchers I used for this, that had to be used by June 1, 2018?

In Oct I booked a flight for in-laws. Flight is for March trip to Disney. Used some travel vouchers I got on June 1 for my flight that was cancelled. Paid the additional cost with CC. MIL IS dealing with illness and cannot go on March trip.

Can we switch inlaws names to our names as well as switch flights and departure airports? But same dates.

If I cannot switch to our names, what is cancel policy? When do I need to do it by and when do they need to use the funds by? Also what about the vouchers I used for this, that had to be used by June 1, 2018?

No, you can't switch names.

Not sure what the policy on the itineraries paid partially with vouchers. I would imagine the funds used by the vouchers would expire on their original expiration date and the funds you used to pay the additional cost would expire one year from date of purchase. In general, travel funds expire one year from the date of original booking.

I am waiting for the flights to be release for August on 2/8.. .I want to book MHT/MCO rt for dd15 and myself with miles. I am not a frequent flyer, I opened up the SW cc and got the 40k free miles. I've flown SW once, 2 years ago and I can't remember the booking procedures. Those flights were not booked on release day.
I am trying to figure out if i should take the day off to get this done. and I sooooo overthink everything!
Is this something I need to be at my laptop to do? Would I be able to get it done on my iphone app on the side of the road? Will I need to enter just dd's name, or will it be address too? I have been to the SW web site trying to get a glimpse.. I was looking for a place to put my CC info in.
I 'm guessing time is of the essence as soon as they drop... Any advice?

Hi,
I'm wondering if one of you SW experts can help me. I purchased 2 RT tickets to Ft Lauderdale in March and bought EBCI for both. Now my flight there has dropped by $50 but the return flight is sold out. Can I get a credit for the difference without losing my EBCI or my spots on the sold out flight? I am waiting for the August flights to come out to buy 5 RT tickets to orlando so any credit would be useful.
TIA

Hi,
I'm wondering if one of you SW experts can help me. I purchased 2 RT tickets to Ft Lauderdale in March and bought EBCI for both. Now my flight there has dropped by $50 but the return flight is sold out. Can I get a credit for the difference without losing my EBCI or my spots on the sold out flight? I am waiting for the August flights to come out to buy 5 RT tickets to orlando so any credit would be useful.
TIA

You can do this. Just go in to the change flight link. Do not cancel! You would lose your EBCI. You select the flight you want to change. Then you just select the same flight again. It gives you the new price & the other leg stays the same. You will then have the credits to use later. Just remember the credit must be used by the same person & travel must be within one year of original purchase.

You can do this. Just go in to the change flight link. Do not cancel! You would lose your EBCI. You select the flight you want to change. Then you just select the same flight again. It gives you the new price & the other leg stays the same. You will then have the credits to use later. Just remember the credit must be used by the same person & travel must be within one year of original purchase.

Thank you

Did you use vouchers for your in-laws tickets or pay fir them?

If you paid for them I would call SW directly and ask what their process is for cancelling tickets due to illness.

In 2016 we were scheduled to fly but due to hip replacement surgery my mil was not allowed to fly. We provided a doctors note with some specifics SW requested and in that case they fully refunded the cost of their flights to my CC.

Not sure if illness and surgery are treated the same but it is worth calling SW. there was a special area that deals with issues like this. I do remember being told that their decisions were discretionary so I figured I’d do my best and ask after providing what they requested. In our case it worked out.

I am waiting for the flights to be release for August on 2/8.. .I want to book MHT/MCO rt for dd15 and myself with miles. I am not a frequent flyer, I opened up the SW cc and got the 40k free miles. I've flown SW once, 2 years ago and I can't remember the booking procedures. Those flights were not booked on release day.
I am trying to figure out if i should take the day off to get this done. and I sooooo overthink everything!
Is this something I need to be at my laptop to do? Would I be able to get it done on my iphone app on the side of the road? Will I need to enter just dd's name, or will it be address too? I have been to the SW web site trying to get a glimpse.. I was looking for a place to put my CC info in.
I 'm guessing time is of the essence as soon as they drop... Any advice?
I can answer some of your questions.

I believe SW only requests name, dob, gender of passengers when booking flights. To be on the safe side, before Feb 8 you could sign each of you up as Rapid Rewards members so all of your address details, etc would already be on file with them.

SW flights seem to load the system over a few hours on release dates. Yours may be early in the morning or they may be later.

Sorry, I don’t have an answer about booking on the app as I have only done it on a computer. You could try booking some dummy dates on the app and see how far you get before they request payment information. Until you give them payment information you’re not actually booking anything.

I am sorry if this SW change has been discussed already but I can't find anything about it in a search. I've been flying SWA for over 13 yrs., long-time RR members, RR credit cardholder, etc. New CP holder since summer.
The one aspect I have always loved about booking with SWA points is how easy it is to cancel a flight or change flights and if you get a better rate or need to cancel, points simply return to your bank.

Well dh and I have a flight booked for this weekend on points and I am booked on a companion pass, which is relatively new to us. I do know that to make changes to a ticket with a companion, one must cancel the companion first, make the changes, then add the companion. Fine. When I booked the flight in dh's name, I only bought EBCI for him, in case I need to cancel my CP and change/rebook dh's ticket. When I noticed a price drop, I began the change process and a big alert popped up warning me that if I change flights, it will convert to non-refundable fare. Which means if I need to cancel or change again in the future, those points will not go back to our bank. ugh! When did this start?

I discovered this while making changes for ds17 who is also flying next weekend but going with a friend's family to WDW, hence our mad dash to have a childless escape anywhere in FL. :beach:

Unfortunately, I've been battling a longer than expected illness (mono with reactive arthritis) and I could probably drag myself there but I'm really not myself. The fatigue is awful; like I am trying to swim in a pool of shampoo, and I've been out of work since early December.

So before I got sick, I had already made a change to this flight so these points are now non-refundable. Since I already paid for RT EBCI, I'd hate to cancel the reservation and I only have a few more days to do SOMETHING with it.

If I change it to a lower-priced flight for now until we figure out when we can actually fly, do I still retain my original # of points that are "locked in"? If I change it to a cheaper flight now, let's say in May, and then perhaps in March when I'm feeling better and I move it to a March flight, do my original "locked in" points stay with that confirmation #?

I don't mind if we end up flying a more expensive flight; we have a lot of points. I just want to make sure we don't somehow "lose" points as we make changes.

Lesson learned. Next time I will not book EBCI until a week prior so if I want to make a change, I will simply cancel and rebook. Also I am going back to my old way of booking separate one way tickets. RT makes everything more complicated.

Thanks for any tips, feedback, advice... :goodvibes

I am sorry if this SW change has been discussed already but I can't find anything about it in a search. I've been flying SWA for over 13 yrs., long-time RR members, RR credit cardholder, etc. New CP holder since summer.
The one aspect I have always loved about booking with SWA points is how easy it is to cancel a flight or change flights and if you get a better rate or need to cancel, points simply return to your bank.

Well dh and I have a flight booked for this weekend on points and I am booked on a companion pass, which is relatively new to us. I do know that to make changes to a ticket with a companion, one must cancel the companion first, make the changes, then add the companion. Fine. When I booked the flight in dh's name, I only bought EBCI for him, in case I need to cancel my CP and change/rebook dh's ticket. When I noticed a price drop, I began the change process and a big alert popped up warning me that if I change flights, it will convert to non-refundable fare. Which means if I need to cancel or change again in the future, those points will not go back to our bank. ugh! When did this start?

I discovered this while making changes for ds17 who is also flying next weekend but going with a friend's family to WDW, hence our mad dash to have a childless escape anywhere in FL. :beach:

Unfortunately, I've been battling a longer than expected illness (mono with reactive arthritis) and I could probably drag myself there but I'm really not myself. The fatigue is awful; like I am trying to swim in a pool of shampoo, and I've been out of work since early December.

So before I got sick, I had already made a change to this flight so these points are now non-refundable. Since I already paid for RT EBCI, I'd hate to cancel the reservation and I only have a few more days to do SOMETHING with it.

If I change it to a lower-priced flight for now until we figure out when we can actually fly, do I still retain my original # of points that are "locked in"? If I change it to a cheaper flight now, let's say in May, and then perhaps in March when I'm feeling better and I move it to a March flight, do my original "locked in" points stay with that confirmation #?

I don't mind if we end up flying a more expensive flight; we have a lot of points. I just want to make sure we don't somehow "lose" points as we make changes.

Lesson learned. Next time I will not book EBCI until a week prior so if I want to make a change, I will simply cancel and rebook. Also I am going back to my old way of booking separate one way tickets. RT makes everything more complicated.

Thanks for any tips, feedback, advice... :goodvibes
Admittedly I didn't read your whole comment because that's a ton of words, sorry lol!...But I'll just say this - that warning only applies to the $5.60 fees (which become no refundable if you CHANGE a reservation). The points are still 100% refundable regardless of what you do (change, cancel, etc.)

Admittedly I didn't read your whole comment because that's a ton of words, sorry lol!...But I'll just say this - that warning only applies to the $5.60 fees (which become no refundable if you CHANGE a reservation). The points are still 100% refundable regardless of what you do (change, cancel, etc.)

Thank you! Sorry, that is so long. Since I've been sick my head is in a fog. Either that or my kids are correct in that I tend to go on and on. :laughing:

SW says when they will publish fares through September. But, does anyone know when the October fares will be available?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter