Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm a total flight newbie, so hopefully there is some sage advice here that can help me make a wise decision:

DD and I are traveling to MCO on 10/21, returning on 10/26. There are two flights that are perfect for us to travel on ($161/ea., on a 4:55 takeoff to MCO; $211/ea. on a 7pm takeoff to STL. Total cost for us is approx. $740 for round trip)

These are the times that would be most opportune for us with our schedule. I'm fearful that if I don't just go ahead and grab them now, I'll lose the chance at them. However, like everyone else here, I'd like to travel as inexpensive as possible. The Wanna Get Away rates aren't cash refundable, and I'm honestly unsure if I'd make another flight trip somewhere in the window allowed to redeem the difference in rate.

Am I worrying over nothing? Should I just pull the trigger and be content with having flights I know I want, even if I end up paying more than I could have if I waited it out? Any and all advice is greatly appreciated!::MickeyMo

I know for me I just usually pull the trigger when I find the flights that work for me and what I want. Ive read article after article that says the flights are cheapest 3-4 months out. IF you can wait, and are willing to sacrifice the times then I say wait. Othewise, pull the trigger and GO FOR IT!

PS. Fellow St. Louisan I presume?

I know for me I just usually pull the trigger when I find the flights that work for me and what I want. Ive read article after article that says the flights are cheapest 3-4 months out. IF you can wait, and are willing to sacrifice the times then I say wait. Othewise, pull the trigger and GO FOR IT!

PS. Fellow St. Louisan I presume?

From the St. Louis region. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on the tickets. Both flights have increased in price since we grabbed our seats. Maybe they'll drop at some point, but we have what I wanted, and not too far from my anticipated budget for flight. So I feel good about the decision.::MickeyMo

I have a question. I'm sorry if it's already been asked, but I didn't find anything on a search other than they're slow. I'm trying to get an idea of how long it takes from when you get off the plane to having your bags ready to pick up. We're trying to weigh our options on if we want to pay $90 for parking or if it would make sense to have DH take an Uber to go pick up our car from home (we have a ride to the airport set up, just not back). We have 2 littles in carseats so us all taking an Uber isn't an option unless we split into 2 groups and I'm not really comfortable doing that with how late our flight lands.

I have a question. I'm sorry if it's already been asked, but I didn't find anything on a search other than they're slow. I'm trying to get an idea of how long it takes from when you get off the plane to having your bags ready to pick up. We're trying to weigh our options on if we want to pay $90 for parking or if it would make sense to have DH take an Uber to go pick up our car from home (we have a ride to the airport set up, just not back). We have 2 littles in carseats so us all taking an Uber isn't an option unless we split into 2 groups and I'm not really comfortable doing that with how late our flight lands.

It can take 5 - 40 minutes. Usually 10 -20 minutes. There is no way to tell. Airport size and how busy doesn’t seem to matter. Good luck!

Are you asking about your home city airport or Orlando?

Home city.
It really depends on the size of your airport.

We fly in and out of Buffalo which is a smaller airport. Normally by the time we get off the plane, stop for a bathroom break and walk to the luggage it’s there and sometimes the belt has already stopped.

We'll be flying in and out to the Indianapolis airport (IND). It's been 10 years since we've flown so I'm not really sure what to expect.

It's super easy to fly in and out of the Indianapolis airport. It's so much nicer with the new terminal (although I guess it's not new anymore).

How far from the airport do you live? I think it depends on how quickly you want to get home after landing. We live 30 minutes away (in Danville) and I think I'd rather just pay the $90 vs having to wait over an hour for my DH to go get our car. Especially if I had two young ones with me who might be tired and cranky since you mentioned your flight lands late. My DH would probably disagree, he's very particular about our cars and wouldn't leave them parked anywhere overnight.

Once you get off the place and walk to baggage claim, it shouldn't take too long for the bags to start coming in. At least with our experience it hasn't taken too long.

It's about 25 minutes for us. Initially my dad was going to with us in my car then take it back to their house (southeast side around 65 and southport). DH would be picking it up from there if he Uber's. I just don't know about paying the $90 and leaving the car there for so long.

It's about 25 minutes for us. Initially my dad was going to with us in my car then take it back to their house (southeast side around 65 and southport). DH would be picking it up from there if he Uber's. I just don't know about paying the $90 and leaving the car there for so long.

Do you have offsite parking options? At PHL we have them and it can save us up to $4 per day, which adds up. Also, price out how much it would be to uber/lyft to your house. It may not be much of a savings vs paying for parking (I think if you go directly to uber's site, you should be able to put in addresses for an estimate cost).

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask but we are flying home tomorrow via MCO. I’ve bought some of the large Mickey Head Rice Krispies. Can they be put in my carryon?? I don’t want them confiscated. Hahaha

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask but we are flying home tomorrow via MCO. I’ve bought some of the large Mickey Head Rice Krispies. Can they be put in my carryon?? I don’t want them confiscated. Hahaha
Unlesssomething has changed since the first weekend in April, your answer is yes! DH always brings them on the plane as a snack!

My daughter has $90 in travel funds and they expire July 31. We were hoping to book middle of August, is there any way to get this expiration date extended? What if I book, then cancel and rebook? What happens to those finds then?

My daughter has $90 in travel funds and they expire July 31. We were hoping to book middle of August, is there any way to get this expiration date extended? What if I book, then cancel and rebook? What happens to those finds then?
Sometimes Customer Relations will extend the date after expiration and issue a LUV voucher, but there is a $100 fee for doing so.
The expiration date of the funds will not change, even if you book and cancel; the funds retain the original expiration date.
Otherwise, if you can book a one-way flight that departs on or before the expiration date, the value will not be lost.

So it will take your husband 50 minutes roundtrip to go back and get the car and then come back to get you. It won't take 50 minutes for your luggage to appear. I would just pay to park the car because waiting nearly and hour with 2 small kids and then making the drive back home you are then looking at an hour and a 1/2 of your time.

They will expire on July 31. The only way around it is to pay the $100 fee to get a 6 month extension. If you book and cancel and rebook the funds will still have the July 31 expiration date.

When flying using miles, can feed be paid with a gift card? It sounds like it on their FAQs, but hoping for confirmation from someone that has actually done it. Thanks :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter