Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I have credit for a flight I cancelled in May. The web site says I can convert the credit to rapid rewards. The wording is a bit confusing. Can I use the reward for gift cards and for a future trip?
The only reason I can think of to not convert the Travel Fund to points is if you had an incredibly cheap flight, plan to fly SW one time only, sometime between now and 9/7/22. In all other scenarios I would convert them. You actually get a little bonus for converting, you can add other points to it to get to a flight and they never expire.

It looks like Southwest Airlines is consolidating flight schedules again for our January trip! We were originally going to be changing planes in Houston and now instead, we have a 45 minute connection at Chicago-Midway. FUN! Let's take bets on if that flight is delayed because of weather. :rotfl:

I’m wondering with increased COVID numbers SWA will reconsider n leave middle seats blocked beyond 11/30
I would not count on it. They would not even consider allowing customers to purchase an extra seat to guaranty an open seat next to the customer's seat. Southwest just keeps promoting all of the cleaning and air filtration/circulation procedures in place on their aircraft.

I would not count on it. They would not even consider allowing customers to purchase an extra seat to guaranty an open seat next to the customer's seat. Southwest just keeps promoting all of the cleaning and air filtration/circulation procedures in place on their aircraft.

If we end up canceling our trip 12/2-12/9 this will be the reason why....☹️

If we end up canceling our trip 12/2-12/9 this will be the reason why....☹
We were scheduled for 12/2-12/9 also. BWI Deluxe Club Level. Hotel isn't open now and likely won't be in December; we just don't feel comfortable traveling right now so we cancelled hotel and air. Frustrating because we had an amazing fare from Midway, literally round trip $120.00 each, including EBCI. We cancelled a few weeks ago and are thrilled that we got our money back v.s. travel funds. Just gotta hope that 2021 is better. I feel your pain.

Southwest system maintenance starting 11.13.2020:

System Maintenance Impacting Email Subscription Preferences and App Push Notifications
We're making a few scheduled updates to our email and push notification platform. As a result, our Opt-Out request forms will be temporarily down from Friday, November 13th at 8:00 PM CST, but will return approximately 8:00 PM CST on Saturday, November 14th. Push notifications related to check-in and boarding reminders will not go out until approximately Saturday, November 14th at 8:00 PM CST.

Today's stupid question: This will be my first time taking my kids on SW. When I go to check in, will I need to check each of them in separately? Should I download the SW app on my older son's phone so I can check in that much faster?

Today's stupid question: This will be my first time taking my kids on SW. When I go to check in, will I need to check each of them in separately? Should I download the SW app on my older son's phone so I can check in that much faster?
If you are all on one reservation, you can check everyone in at once. But if you booked everyone on a separate reservation, you’ll have to do them individually. If you have a lot of separate reservations, having multiple devices could come in handy.

If you are all on one reservation, you can check everyone in at once. But if you booked everyone on a separate reservation, you’ll have to do them individually. If you have a lot of separate reservations, having multiple devices could come in handy.
I had to check both my husband and I in last week as I used points from 2 different cards. I set up my desk top computer and my smart phone and thought I hit them both at the same time right at the 24 hour time. Somehow someone received the seat number between my husband and I. The plane went down to Florida with 24 people on it so it didn't really matter though.

I had to check both my husband and I in last week as I used points from 2 different cards. I set up my desk top computer and my smart phone and thought I hit them both at the same time right at the 24 hour time. Somehow someone received the seat number between my husband and I. The plane went down to Florida with 24 people on it so it didn't really matter though.
Has Southwest gone to assigned seating now instead of boarding groups? I also thought Southwest was leaving all middle seats open for the rest or November; or that no longer the case?

Has Southwest gone to assigned seating now instead of boarding groups? I also thought Southwest was leaving all middle seats open for the rest or November; or that no longer the case?
No assigned seating on Southwest; you still board based on boarding groups, so either purchasing Early Bird Check-in or checking in online exactly at T-24 will give you the best boarding position, unless you have medical preboard.

The open middle seat policy ends after November 2020, at which time, all seats will be available for sale.

No assigned seating on Southwest; you still board based on boarding groups, so either purchasing Early Bird Check-in or checking in online exactly at T-24 will give you the best boarding position, unless you have medical preboard.

The open middle seat policy ends after November 2020, at which time, all seats will be available for sale.
Thank you! We are booked to BWI for a trip with the kids so I wanted to make sure.

We flew SW in Oct for our trip to WDW and they did board per #s and we did have EB so that was helpful - got the exact seats we wanted!

Also at the time they had the middle seat open, but even if they hadnt had that restriction the flight was not full -and we had a quick layover and all 4 flight were the same capacity.

For our Dec trip we have direct flights so I'm hoping they're not full flights either since the middle seat open has been removed but there are 3 in our party so we'll have the row filled..

Thank you! We are booked to BWI for a trip with the kids so I wanted to make sure.
If you have flown Southwest in the past, you are familiar with their Family Boarding policy. For those not familiar with it:

Two adults traveling with a child six years old or younger may board during Family Boarding, which occurs after the “A” group has boarded and before the “B” group begins boarding. If the child and the adult are both holding an “A” boarding pass, they should board in their assigned boarding position.

Of course, with the lighter loads, these days, there may not even be a "B" boarding group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter