Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I always get these emails for great sales. We have never been able to go to mco from sdf for anything less than $100 each way even when we buy them at 7 am the day they release. I checked all three months for this and the cheapest was 73.00 for the 2 stops on the way there. Is ours the only city that never has these good sales for flights to anywhere for 39 or 59 like the emails I get?

We never see those low fairs either flying from OMA

Same here from PHL. Maybe there are times when it’s been cheap, but it’s never worked for us.
Ditto from DCA and IAD. Although, I've seen $49-79 in the past at DCA. I did see some $39 SW flights from BWI yesterday but not to MCO. I think on average, we've paid $84 - $100+ each way from DCA previously.

JetBlue has been offering cheap rates from DCA to MCO lately. I just booked $49 direct flights (each way) for myself and two DDs for January on impulse since airlines are flexible right now. DH got $37 the next day.

Ditto from DCA and IAD. Although, I've seen $49-79 in the past at DCA. I did see some $39 SW flights from BWI yesterday but not to MCO. I think on average, we've paid $84 - $100+ each way from DCA previously.

JetBlue has been offering cheap rates from DCA to MCO lately. I just booked $49 direct flights (each way) for myself and two DDs for January on impulse since airlines are flexible right now. DH got $37 the next day.
JetBlue actually just started PHL to MCO direct, so I will be checking them out in the future for sure!

Flew down from PVD yesterday, day 2 of eliminating the “no middle seat“ occupancy and the flight was 80% full. They announced that there 140 of 175 seats occupied. We were on the 737-800 series. Mask compliance was good and service was very good. Just thought I would share our experience now that SWA is selling all seats.

Flew down from PVD yesterday, day 2 of eliminating the “no middle seat“ occupancy and the flight was 80% full. They announced that there 140 of 175 seats occupied. We were on the 737-800 series. Mask compliance was good and service was very good. Just thought I would share our experience now that SWA is selling all seats.

Thanks for this report. I'm getting nervous about flying with the rising covid numbers. We can drive but it's 10+ hours with stops and flying would be so much easier.

Here's a reminder for those with Dec 2020 flights already booked, check SW every 1-2 days to see if price dropped. I have Dec 18-27 flights booked and today I caught a price drop. $90 saved for 2 people, albeit it came back as travel fund that expires 9/3/2021 *grr!*. I suspect some last minute cancellations are happening due to rising covid19 cases.

I'm flying out of PVD in February. So far, only one time change but waiting on more lol. Would prefer the 11 a.m. flight but their track record show they cancel that flight alot. I'm on the 7 a.m. flight for now

I'm flying out of PVD in February. So far, only one time change but waiting on more lol. Would prefer the 11 a.m. flight but their track record show they cancel that flight alot. I'm on the 7 a.m. flight for now
[/QUOTE
Same here! (PVD 7 am flight)

I've been keeping my eye on the SW website to make sure they don't change the 12/10 date for the next round of flight releases. I know I looked as recently as just a few days ago and it still said that the next round on 12/10 will be through 6/5/21, but I just looked today and it now says through 8/16/21!

I've been keeping my eye on the SW website to make sure they don't change the 12/10 date for the next round of flight releases. I know I looked as recently as just a few days ago and it still said that the next round on 12/10 will be through 6/5/21, but I just looked today and it now says through 8/16/21!
Thanks for the heads up! Our trip is May 30- June 8. I was only planning to be able to book the one way next week.

Me too! Our trip is 5/29 - 6/8 and I hated that I wasn't going to be able to book both legs -- especially because one leg will be on points and the other on travel funds and I wanted to be able to compare to know which leg to use for which, so I'm thrilled!

We are going to the PNW in August , pleasant surprise to see they extended the flight schedule release.

I always get these emails for great sales. We have never been able to go to mco from sdf for anything less than $100 each way even when we buy them at 7 am the day they release. I checked all three months for this and the cheapest was 73.00 for the 2 stops on the way there. Is ours the only city that never has these good sales for flights to anywhere for 39 or 59 like the emails I get?

CLE rarely has flights to MCO under about $130. I can get the $39 flights to less frequented areas.

Thanks for the update. This makes sense since I think many will be much more open to flying in summer vs spring.

Posted this in another group, but thought it was appropriate here as well:
WARNING: I just got off the phone with Southwest. We have a credit from our canceled flight from last May. That credit was extended to Sept. 2022. HOWEVER, the person I spoke with says if I book a flight with those credits (which I was planning on doing tomorrow) the expiration date reverts to their usual policy so those credits will now expire one year from date of booking (or Dec. 2021 if I book a flight tomorrow with those credits). Since we're not 100% sure we're going this May, I guess I'll take my chances and book a flight closer to when we know we are definitely going...Just thought this might be useful info...

WARNING: I just got off the phone with Southwest. We have a credit from our canceled flight from last May. That credit was extended to Sept. 2022. HOWEVER, the person I spoke with says if I book a flight with those credits (which I was planning on doing tomorrow) the expiration date reverts to their usual policy so those credits will now expire one year from date of booking (or Dec. 2021 if I book a flight tomorrow with those credits). Since we're not 100% sure we're going this May, I guess I'll take my chances and book a flight closer to when we know we are definitely going...Just thought this might be useful info...

Yes, that has been their policy since they issued the extended credits. It was talked about here quite a bit a few months ago, but this is a good reminder for everyone. This is also a reason we took the offer to convert our credits to points.

So we should convert to points then book with points, as to be fully refundable (and reprice-able if fare drops)? What do you all think? It would be ok for solo travelers but a hassle for families.

So we should convert to points then book with points, as to be fully refundable (and reprice-able if fare drops)? What do you all think? It would be ok for solo travelers but a hassle for families.
Yep that’s the idea, we converted our credits to points, but left our DD as a credit because we wouldn’t be using the small amount of points attached to her name. She also does not travel often and without us.

Yes it is going to be a bit of a pain to use the points attached to the kids' accounts. I'm not going to need to do it this time because my account has enough points to cover 4 tickets. The children are teenagers so they could help with the process when I do plan to use those points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter