Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I was able to get the RDU to MCO and back routes at a reasonable rate. I used points but it would have only been $488 which is the cheapest I've seen. Our return flight would have only been $69 on the way back and $94 on the way down.

Flights booked. Definitely on the high side ($400 RT) but used points so not as bad of a sting. We do have to take the 7:00 am flight home which STINKS but it was our best option point wise. I was able to take the Friday night flight down so will stay at MCO Hyatt and be ready to go Saturday am- better than the 7 am flight down.

Got ours for January 17 - 28 PIT to MCO Non stop - hoping it stays that way. Earlyflight down & a late return. Not a bad price. I have done better and we have paid more so I will take it. Just excited that I took the leap and decided to commit to going!! :yay:

So here's a question.....I currently have A List for myself and DH is my CP - the flights I booked for us this morning are for March - both of those will expire on 12/31/21

For some reason when I booked the flights this morning for myself, DH and my cousin - all under 1 flights, it kept my A List status and only allowed me to buy EB for DH and my cousin..

what's going to happen on January 1st when my A List goes away? I'll need to buy EB for me then?

Anyone notice that anytime fares are not much more than get away fares? This is on BWI - MCO flights.
AlsoBoston - MCO is less than BWI - MCO even on flights thru BWI. I wonder what this means about changing fares later?

High prices from MHT but it is winter break. Always, always the flights are at 5:45 am. Other airlines are much higher and would have to fly out of Boston and pay baggage fee

Anyone notice that anytime fares are not much more than get away fares? This is on BWI - MCO flights.
AlsoBoston - MCO is less than BWI - MCO even on flights thru BWI. I wonder what this means about changing fares later?
I did notice that.

High prices from MHT but it is winter break. Always, always the flights are at 5:45 am. Other airlines are much higher and would have to fly out of Boston and pay baggage fee

I was shocked at the lack of non-stops from MHT for April break. Prices are not great either but I'm using travel funds so it hurts a little less as the money was spent long ago...

It's either leave at 5am (my family would kill me) or 12:30pm to get a nonstop. Guess we'll just make Saturday an early dinner night and get ready to hit the parks Sunday morning instead of Saturday afternoon.

Booked. Yay!!

Going down is direct with reasonable departure time. Very happy with points used and flight time.

Return is good point price and departure time is reasonable but 2 stopovers in February is not my preference. The other thing though is these days, who knows how many changes may be made to those flights. Also, since this is the 3rd time booking the same trip I do it with cautious optimism that this 2020 trip will finally take place in early 2022. :)

Was trying to book in March for 6 of us from ISP. Prices were too high and the non stop schedule stinks, so JetBlue gets our money this time. More hassle to get to LGA from our house, but money talks!

I was shocked at the lack of non-stops from MHT for April break. Prices are not great either but I'm using travel funds so it hurts a little less as the money was spent long ago...

It's either leave at 5am (my family would kill me) or 12:30pm to get a nonstop. Guess we'll just make Saturday an early dinner night and get ready to hit the parks Sunday morning instead of Saturday afternoon.

I was able to get the RDU to MCO and back routes at a reasonable rate. I used points but it would have only been $488 which is the cheapest I've seen. Our return flight would have only been $69 on the way back and $94 on the way down.

The lack of direct was surprising for sure! The RDU/MCO route is ours as well (later Feb) and there was only 1 direct flight each way! Instead of arriving early, we'll arrive at 1:40pm! Last time we went, we *arrived* at 6:30am, which was early enough to get a BG on ROTR at 8am in the park! But I'd rather fly direct than making a connection and get there at 11:30 or whatever. We're using points and companion pass for 4 people, so this still seems like the best choice. But stinks anyway.

Ouch. Cash was high this morning... ended up booking direct non stop Jetblue instead for less including checked luggage... I guess it beats the change of planes I would have had with SW. Still not what I had hoped for.

The lack of direct was surprising for sure! The RDU/MCO route is ours as well (later Feb) and there was only 1 direct flight each way! Instead of arriving early, we'll arrive at 1:40pm! Last time we went, we *arrived* at 6:30am, which was early enough to get a BG on ROTR at 8am in the park! But I'd rather fly direct than making a connection and get there at 11:30 or whatever. We're using points and companion pass for 4 people, so this still seems like the best choice. But stinks anyway.

Weird. Our trip is mid-Feb and there were 3 non stops, but we are flying down and back on Saturdays; so I guess that's the reason for more nonstop flights.

Weird. Our trip is mid-Feb and there were 3 non stops, but we are flying down and back on Saturdays; so I guess that's the reason for more nonstop flights.

That must be it. We're doing a Thu/Sun trip. That's the same as our last pre-Covid trip when our times were perfect. We'll just have to juggle some plans for arrival day (and maybe pray that they somehow have an After Hours that evening -- which is probably completely not going to happen).

I had already booked a one way GRR to MCO for 1/1/22 and was anxiously waiting to see if I would be stuck in Disney forever.

The low fare calendar showed up at 7 AM, I perused the possibilities and then refreshed, refreshed, refreshed until was able to get the only non-stop MCO to GRR on Sunday, 1/9/22 on points. It seemed odd that the non-stop was also the least expensive flight of the day but I am not complaining. Because I travel with my own power wheelchair having a non-stop or no change plane flight is always my first priority.

Yes, this is the pattern I'm seeing for my potential February or April trips to MCO. Three non-stops on the weekends from my airport, but only one (expensive) nonstop on the weekdays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter