Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Does anyone know if Southwest ever offers a special on transferring points between accounts? I want to transfer my son's RR to my account but figured I could wait it out it if a reduced or free transaction could occur.

The only way I've ever seen it happen is with the Business Credit Card. That offers reimbursement of up to $500 of transfer charges each year.

Does anyone know if Southwest ever offers a special on transferring points between accounts? I want to transfer my son's RR to my account but figured I could wait it out it if a reduced or free transaction could occur.
Reading e-mails I've gotten regarding promotions on purchasing points they seem to exclude a transfer of points from that promotion. I'm not sure if I can recall off the top of my head if they offer promotional deals on transferring points like they do for the purchasing of points. I don't know if they ever do transferring for free though either.

Are you thinking of transferring because your son doesn't have enough points in his account or something like that?

Reading e-mails I've gotten regarding promotions on purchasing points they seem to exclude a transfer of points from that promotion. I'm not sure if I can recall off the top of my head if they offer promotional deals on transferring points like they do for the purchasing of points. I don't know if they ever do transferring for free though either.

Are you thinking of transferring because your son doesn't have enough points in his account or something like that?
Yes- he doesn't have enough points to book a flight (and we have been using points on our SW flights so he isn't earning any) so I would rather just have his points in my account to make it easier. He has about 4,500 so it would cost me $45 dollars to transfer to mine so it's not a lot of money but still- if it can be cheaper... I will wait.

Party of 5 flying next month PIT-MCO with a connection in ATL. Our connection time in ATL is 2 1/2 hours. However there is a MCO flight that leaves 25 minutes after we land in ATL which isn’t enough minimum connection time to book it. If we land early I am tempted to go to the MCO gate if it is close by to see if there are any empty seats. The only factors would be luggage delay possibly in MCO and trying to get seats somewhat together. Has anyone flown on an earlier flight in a connection city? Thanks!

When we have tried to do this Southwest would allow it only if we paid the difference in fare. We usually end up waiting at the airport for our original flights. I think they want to protect the A-list benefit of same-day changes with no charge.

Yes- he doesn't have enough points to book a flight (and we have been using points on our SW flights so he isn't earning any) so I would rather just have his points in my account to make it easier. He has about 4,500 so it would cost me $45 dollars to transfer to mine so it's not a lot of money but still- if it can be cheaper... I will wait.
When there is a sale on points, you could purchase enough points for his account to purchase a ticket for yourself instead of paying to transfer the points.

Party of 5 flying next month PIT-MCO with a connection in ATL. Our connection time in ATL is 2 1/2 hours. However there is a MCO flight that leaves 25 minutes after we land in ATL which isn’t enough minimum connection time to book it. If we land early I am tempted to go to the MCO gate if it is close by to see if there are any empty seats. The only factors would be luggage delay possibly in MCO and trying to get seats somewhat together. Has anyone flown on an earlier flight in a connection city? Thanks!
May I ask why you aren’t flying direct? Usually 4 or 5 choices. Much better then connecting. We’ve gone standby on an earlier flight, and yes they usually make you pay the difference. One time for we got on the flight, and they didn’t charge us, I think because of my husbands status. our flight was 3.5 hours later and we did have to go back to get luggage, which was a pain.

May I ask why you aren’t flying direct? Usually 4 or 5 choices. Much better then connecting. We’ve gone standby on an earlier flight, and yes they usually make you pay the difference. One time for we got on the flight, and they didn’t charge us, I think because of my husbands status. our flight was 3.5 hours later and we did have to go back to get luggage, which was a pain.
I was going to say the same thing, we fly PIT to MCO all the time and I have always just done direct. It's actuallly usually less expensive than the flights with connections.

I was going to say the same thing, we fly PIT to MCO all the time and I have always just done direct. It's actuallly usually less expensive than the flights with connections.
I so wish they had nonstop from Southern California to MCO.

I got a red change banner for my Saturday flight from ATL to RDU. I’m guessing it’s weather related but nothings been canceled yet. If I it gets canceled or I decide to rebook for Sunday do I have to make sure I do it as close to 36 hours before the Sunday flight to get a good A list boarding position?

I got a red change banner for my Saturday flight from ATL to RDU. I’m guessing it’s weather related but nothings been canceled yet. If I it gets canceled or I decide to rebook for Sunday do I have to make sure I do it as close to 36 hours before the Sunday flight to get a good A list boarding position?
Yes, probably; otherwise, you can check in at T-24 or board between A and B boarding groups. Sometimes, there will be an additional sweep for A-Listers, prior to T-24.

We're supposed to get somewhere between 0-50 inches of snow; so it'll cause some delays here.

Still holding out on changing my flight from Saturday to Sunday. But I guess SW can always cancel it and make me change it. Hoping the snow is a no go

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter