Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

I'm hoping for a nonstop too to resurface for our May 22 flight as well. I'll keep stalking.
Me too!! Our May 15th flights are now horrible and I'm hoping between now and then that SW opens up some nonstop flights!! They did that about a month out last year..

*fingers crossed*

Me too!! Our May 15th flights are now horrible and I'm hoping between now and then that SW opens up some nonstop flights!! They did that about a month out last year..

*fingers crossed*
That gives me hope! Maybe I'll book brunch at Chef Art Smith's for that morning at my 60 days, just in case I hit it lucky!

Is there anyone whose flights were changed this time around for any month other than April?

I recall that the March and April 2022 flight schedules had some modifications last November. So, there probably are those whose flight arrangements have had involuntarily changes more than once, since originally booked. 😕
Yes, my June flight was changed by 12 hours. I canceled it. May go Delta instead.

Well the flight I originally booked for $89 is currently $561-$601....I’m still wondering why they are using the 737-700 instead of the larger 737-800 planes when so many of these flights for April on are already sold out....is it more costly to fly those planes even with accommodating more passengers? With the rising costs of fuel I can’t imagine what the flights for Sept will be when schedule opens on March 30th.

Well the flight I originally booked for $89 is currently $561-$601....I’m still wondering why they are using the 737-700 instead of the larger 737-800 planes when so many of these flights for April on are already sold out....is it more costly to fly those planes even with accommodating more passengers? With the rising costs of fuel I can’t imagine what the flights for Sept will be when schedule opens on March 30th.
I already gave the stats for what was in their fleet as far as 737-700, 737-800 and MAX8 when you last asked this question. They are in fact using 737-800 and MAX8 planes, they may not be using them on your flight though.

On our May 4th traveling to Orlando from KC date 7 flights (includes connections) use the 737-800
On our May 15th traveling to KC from Orlando 9 flights (including connections) use the 737-800, an additional segment uses the MAX8

I already gave the stats for what was in their fleet as far as 737-700, 737-800 and MAX8 when you last asked this question. They are in fact using 737-800 and MAX8 planes, they may not be using them on your flight though.

On our May 4th traveling to Orlando from KC date 7 flights (includes connections) use the 737-800
On our May 15th traveling to KC from Orlando 9 flights (including connections) use the 737-800, an additional segment uses the MAX8
Sorry must have missed your post....I fly in and out of BWI and I was checking those flights going back and forth from MCO and really didn’t see many of the 737-700/ 800 on those flights...

Sorry must have missed your post....I fly in and out of BWI and I was checking those flights going back and forth from MCO and really didn’t see many of the 737-700/ 800 on those flights...
No worries :flower3:

Previously this is what I had said about their fleet: "The 737-700 though make up a huge part of their fleet though. When I look at it they only have active 69 MAX8 planes, 207 active 737-800 but 444 active 737-700."

***That information was current as of when I posted it which was Wednesday*** A notation this was before the May flights got changed so I know a flight or two were eliminated from my May flights. The amount of 737-800s and MAX8 in the quote today has already taken into consideration the reduced flights for those dates and is going off the current schedule as it stands today for the dates I mentioned.

They will be flying the 737-700 regardless the most because it makes up the majority of their fleet (if using the figures above it's almost 62% is 737-700). And flight times and routes and airports and all sorts of things are taken into consideration.

FWIW I checked the same May dates for BWI to MCO and May 4th had 7 segments using 737-800 and May 15th back to BWI also had 7 segments using the 737-800. These count connections. I know you're talking about April though.

No worries :flower3:

Previously this is what I had said about their fleet: "The 737-700 though make up a huge part of their fleet though. When I look at it they only have active 69 MAX8 planes, 207 active 737-800 but 444 active 737-700."

***That information was current as of when I posted it which was Wednesday*** A notation this was before the May flights got changed so I know a flight or two were eliminated from my May flights. The amount of 737-800s and MAX8 in the quote today has already taken into consideration the reduced flights for those dates and is going off the current schedule as it stands today for the dates I mentioned.

They will be flying the 737-700 regardless the most because it makes up the majority of their fleet (if using the figures above it's almost 62% is 737-700). And flight times and routes and airports and all sorts of things are taken into consideration.

FWIW I checked the same May dates for BWI to MCO and May 4th had 7 segments using 737-800 and May 15th back to BWI also had 7 segments using the 737-800. These count connections. I know you're talking about April though.

yes our dates are 4/3 ( am flight) and 4/9 later flight which was a 9:20 flight that was an 737-800 and that flight was cancelle.

We booked our flights for optimal park time coupled with non- stop flights.
So out of SDF @ 0600 with an 0800 arrival.
Return flight was at 1720 and arrive home at 1935.

First change was SDF - MCO to 0950 and arrive at 1155.
Only non- stop of the day.
Didn't bother rebooking because the only flight that arrived much earlier was only about 90 min earlier and was going to cost me about $200 pp more.
Everything was fine for several days. Rebooked the car rental and of course...
The following day our return flight was changed to a layover in Chicago and a total flight time of almost 6 hrs.
Since we had lost half a park day on our first day, we chose to just change our return flight to a non- stop the next morning at 0700 so we can spend that entire last day in the parks. We'll stay at a hotel near the airport that night after the parks close.
Now that I've said that, watch this flight get changed

I decided to poke around the SW schedule and it seems that the RDU-LAS flight options leaving on a Sunday and coming back on a Thursday, which is what we usually do as our Vegas trip, have the same exact flight options for all of April and May - which is super odd..

Usually, I've found that SW flies the same schedule out of RDU for only a few weeks, and then there are flight changes...

so I do wonder if they'll come back with even more flight changes for our May trip...

I love being an over-thinker... :rolleyes2

Has anyone had their flight changed to an earlier time? Mine, and many others I see posted, all look to be changed to a later time. Just wondering if it could work both ways.
We had early afternoon flights completely disappear. Went from a 1:45 flight out of MCO to 9:45 AM. That is now the latest flight of the day.

Just venting here… As much as I hate to say it, I think I’m reaching the end of the line with SW. Back in October we (3 travelers) got caught up in the flight fiascos they had. Incurred over $1,000 in additional costs, including a hotel room after our first flight cancellation, then rebooking on another airline when our rescheduled flight was also cancelled. Then spent hours of our vacation on hold with SW after our return flight reservations vanished into thin air - just gone from our account & a search with the confirmation # said our reservation had been cancelled. After reaching out to SW no fewer than 3 times, I finally got a response 4 months later, saying they’re sending me a $250 voucher. There were 3 of us in our group - not sure where $250 is supposed to get 3 people. I’ve flown SW for years, but nonstop flights are fewer & fewer, prices are often no longer much cheaper than other airlines, and service has dropped significantly. I think it’s time to use up the points I have & then start looking at other options.

I think it’s time to use up the points I have & then start looking at other options.

Totally understand. I have a companion pass for this year & my DH & I have a combined 275,000 points. We cancelled a January trip for family issues. I cancelled April flights after SW moved us from a 6 am nonstop to a 6 pm layover flight not getting into Orlando until 11:45 pm. Rebooked nonstops at great times on Jetblue for a decent price. We’ll probably take another trip in September or December. If SW keeps screwing with their schedules like this, I’ll book with JB again. The points don’t expire so I’ll just hold onto them until SW gets their act together. The companion pass might never get used but its not worth the stress at this point.

Totally understand. I have a companion pass for this year & my DH & I have a combined 275,000 points. We cancelled a January trip for family issues. I cancelled April flights after SW moved us from a 6 am nonstop to a 6 pm layover flight not getting into Orlando until 11:45 pm. Rebooked nonstops at great times on Jetblue for a decent price. We’ll probably take another trip in September or December. If SW keeps screwing with their schedules like this, I’ll book with JB again. The points don’t expire so I’ll just hold onto them until SW gets their act together. The companion pass might never get used but its not worth the stress at this point.

I have a companion pass through this year too. I did use it twice in 2021, and will be using it next month, so I at least got something out of it. I may try to use SW another time or two this year because of that & the points I have, but then my focus will be to build other reward points & fly other airlines

Your fares were refunded?

In our case, we had to cancel a trip in Dec, so we were using credit for our April trip. Not sure if they would have given us cash at that point.
They are legally required to do so for that massive of a time change if you ask them to.

How far out are they tweaking?

our flights got moved about 2.5 months out. I can live with the new times of i must.

however, are they typically continuing to tweak/cancel/reroute after the initial shuffle?

How far out are they tweaking?

our flights got moved about 2.5 months out. I can live with the new times of i must.

however, are they typically continuing to tweak/cancel/reroute after the initial shuffle?
I don't think we know if they're done tweaking for now.

Our flights to Vegas for this May were just adjusted - last year we went around the same time and our flights then were adjusted twice - the last time being almost 30 days prior.

so.... :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter