Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

How far out are they tweaking?

our flights got moved about 2.5 months out. I can live with the new times of i must.

however, are they typically continuing to tweak/cancel/reroute after the initial shuffle?
Our June 4 flight was changed this past Friday. No changes so far for our June 10 flight. When I booked it, the June 4 flight was the furthest out the schedule was going. I had to wait until the next cycle to book the June 10 return.

I understand tweaking. Moving a flight a little bit timewise. I don't understand cancelling an entire flight and why is it that's it seems it's always a non stop that's affected. Why not cancel one of the 8 -10 flights that stop somewhere , instead of the two or three non stops.

Flights with stops get impacted too, some of this is airport specific and where you are located in the U.S. as in some places may have more non-stop flights swapped out for connections, sometimes they just eliminate the amount of flights out of an airport for that day entirely. You have to keep everyone's experience with understanding it's a sampling.

If you prefer non-stop and booked that did you even pay attention to options available before flights were adjusted? And vice versa. I rarely keep track of what other options are available because I'm only concerned with the flight I ended up booking. Just an opinion but I think many people book non-stop options when they are available (at least that's their first choice).

I looked back at my comment from before flight changes occurred and on the May 4th date flights to Orlando they eliminated 1 out of the 3 non-stop options (so 2 are still left although flights times differ slightly from before the shakeup) BUT they also eliminated both flights that connect out of DAL. I know other flights were impacted but since I booked the non-stop flight that is going to be what I post on this thread when talking about what was changed..because that's what I booked.

I understand tweaking. Moving a flight a little bit timewise. I don't understand cancelling an entire flight and why is it that's it seems it's always a non stop that's affected. Why not cancel one of the 8 -10 flights that stop somewhere , instead of the two or three non stops.
Because the legs of the nonstop mean more people can be on each leg of the flight, as you may have people coming from 5 or 6 different locations for a layover, but a nonstop means everyone on the plane has to have come from the same place.

I need to book flights for 4 people and am using my points for all 4. Should I book all 4 together round trip, or each person separately? Or should I book all 4 one way, then the return flight book all 4 with a separate confirmation number? Which would be easier if we need to make changes to flight times?

I need to book flights for 4 people and am using my points for all 4. Should I book all 4 together round trip, or each person separately? Or should I book all 4 one way, then the return flight book all 4 with a separate confirmation number? Which would be easier if we need to make changes to flight times?
Book all 4 one way. Then all 4 return trip. Two separate reservation numbers. If one person has a TSA number for the speedy line, evertone will get in. If there are changes on each leg, you can just deal with that specifically.

Book all 4 one way. Then all 4 return trip. Two separate reservation numbers. If one person has a TSA number for the speedy line, evertone will get in. If there are changes on each leg, you can just deal with that specifically.
TSA pre check does not work that way. Just because one person has it doesn't automatically mean the others get it too. I've booked tickets for 2 people where 1 person has pre and one doesn't. It only showed up for the one who had purchased precheck. Children under 13 can go through with the adults and don't need to purchase pre check if the parent has it.

If one person has a TSA number for the speedy line, evertone will get in.
No, that's not how Pre works. If one member of the party has Pre, anyone else in the party under the age of 12 should get it. Others in the party may get it depending on many factors, but there is no guarantee. It all depends on where the fall in the threat matrix, being booked as a one way actual makes others in your party getting Pre less likely.

It doesn't really matter. It's easy to change just one leg of a round trip. On your southwest account you can choose just one leg of the trip to make changes to if needed.

I'm guessing the pre-check confusion is that there is paid pre-check and free pre-check given (as in you're randomly selected). Sometimes those two coincide on the same reservation and sometimes they don't.

I actually don't know how often randomly selected pre-check is being done these days.

I've been meaning to post this as I haven't seen it here yet. SW last week rolled out a method of saving profiles of those you travel with frequently. It will save their Name, RR#, KTN# and everything else you need to book flights. Under My Profile, all the way on the right hand side is a tab labelled "Frequent Travelers" click on that and then add traveler.

Also, I wouldn't book each person separately. Then you would have to check each person in one at a time.

No, that's not how Pre works. If one member of the party has Pre, anyone else in the party under the age of 12 should get it. Others in the party may get it depending on many factors, but there is no guarantee. It all depends on where the fall in the threat matrix, being booked as a one way actual makes others in your party getting Pre less likely.
My apologies. I must have been misinformed. I will find out next month when I fly. I purchased preTSA check in. I was hoping everyone on my same record locator would automatically get pre TSA as well.

My apologies. I must have been misinformed. I will find out next month when I fly. I purchased preTSA check in. I was hoping everyone on my same record locator would automatically get pre TSA as well.
I flew with my mom in October (not SW), she didn't get the pre-check. I didn't expect her to but was curious.

One time SW did grant my family pre-check (DH is military and the CS rep seemed to indicate that's why), but only the one time.

Question for anyone familiar with the Nashville airport. How many gates does SW have? More importantly, are they all close? I’ve never flown through BNA and have about 55 minutes between connecting flights. Not a fan of connecting flights, especially with limited time between, but I couldn’t avoid it this time. Thank you!

Question for anyone familiar with the Nashville airport. How many gates does SW have? More importantly, are they all close? I’ve never flown through BNA and have about 55 minutes between connecting flights. Not a fan of connecting flights, especially with limited time between, but I couldn’t avoid it this time. Thank you!

Have you looked at the airport map? Southwest flies out of terminals C and D: https://map.flynashville.com/?s=W3s...wLCJiZWFyaW5nIjowLCJwaXRjaCI6MH0sIm9yZCI6M31d

Nashville has a new concourse for Southwest with 6 gates. You should have no issues if your arrival flight is on time.

I've been meaning to post this as I haven't seen it here yet. SW last week rolled out a method of saving profiles of those you travel with frequently. It will save their Name, RR#, KTN# and everything else you need to book flights. Under My Profile, all the way on the right hand side is a tab labelled "Frequent Travelers" click on that and then add traveler.
Thank you for posting this info. I need to buy flights for 4 people soon and this will surely be quicker than typing each person in. I’m guessing when you purchase the flight and add passengers that there is somewhere to click to simply add the frequent traveler info that is already typed?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter