Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Same thing happened to my daughter. Flying from MCO to Hartford. They must be holding some. Seems like a weird strategy because it will cause people to look into other airlines. Hopefully they will release some more.
This is my exact route too! It seemed so bizarre. I don’t do this all the time but it’s not my first time either and I never saw this before. Usually I only miss out if I wait and debate the date. This time I was ready to go with the day and time I was looking for. Good luck to your daughter.

I think fares between BWI and MCO are high and looks like most non stops are $163-173...I’m holding out and waiting for them to drop but may book flight out there with points since it’s easy to modify later with points. I do remember when fall schedule first opened flights were also around $163 one way and dropped significantly..

We booked our return flight home from Cancun on 4/18, it was for WGA $248/pp or 12,865 points/pp. Points-wise that's not bad. Our flight to Cancun started at 18,000+ points and eventually went down so we'll see if this one does too although I don't think it will get too too much lower.

Both of our flights go through Houston. TX is not my fav connection point but hopefully things go decently smooth. Unfortunately the non-stops to/from Cancun are only the weekend which bites.

My husband just squeaked by and earned A-list for next year which I'm happy about that (we've been putting purchases on a different Chase card that yields higher rewards due to our cruise next year but needed to make sure between flights taken and purchases done we could still earn A-list if we were close enough to doing so). We do have reimbursement for EBCI on the CC which if we had to we would have done for the flights home (so we didn't have to worry about checking in while trying to enjoy our vacation) but now we won't worry about that. Right now though I'm wishing SWA flew to Europe because contrary to the past Europe flights are stupid expensive (we'll be going in July next year so we know that is still high season).

Oh my goodness, what a rollercoaster!

Return flight Grand Cayman to BWI didn't release a non-stop (even though they were doing one non-stop each Saturday for several weeks prior). Connecting flights are long and expensive (24k points each when outbound were 11k) but I start booking. I enter my travelers, travel funds, hit purchase, nothing. Page refreshes for a bit then stays on that same page, neither purchases nor gives me an error as to why.

I try again on a different, incognito browser, but now points are up to 27K each!! It will not go through with my travel funds, so I give up and put the full taxes and fees ($272.58 because GCM has a bunch of fees) on a card. Ugh.

I call SW to see if there's anything they can do. After an hour of work, a very kind and patient customer rep is able to assist me with getting the 24k point booking and applying travel funds as well. Apparently, in my account I have Hubby's full middle name but in his he only has his middle initial saved. So, initial versus full name was hanging up his travel funds but it didn't tell me that on the page.

I'm still bummed about the cost and the connection, but at least I got back the 9k points difference and was able to use $120 in travel funds against the taxes! In the meantime, WGA are gone for the day, so 24k is now looking cheap compared to the 40k Anytimes.

My southwest flights for December no longer show on the website but when I go into the app all my flight info is there and I don’t see any flight changes. Should I assume changes are coming?

Prices & nonstop times weren’t good for our 4th of July trip. Wanted early morning down Sunday; back late day Friday. The only nonstops were the opposite of that, late afternoon down & early morning back. Prices weren’t good either. Ended up booking a late morning Saturday down & a late afternoon nonstop back on Jetblue. Prices were high on SW also. I’ve been booking BS for about 17K points last couple of trips. Booked 1 seat at 24K, other was 27K. Would have been over $300 cash. JB was $180. My DH likes the extra leg room, so I paid $275 with bags & the extra leg room seat. Still less than SW, plus I got the day, time & seats we want.

edit to add: this is for Buffalo airport. July 2-8th.

Last edited:
I booked MHT to MCO for mid June for 8 people, the price was a little higher than I wanted, but I did it. I had purchased the SWA gift cards at Costco right before booking so that saved a little. I didn't add EBCI, I will probably add that closer to the date. Flying from MHT will save from getting to BOS via limo etc.

The sting of Early Bird for 5 people round trip...over $225 so we opted not to do it. At least my in-laws can board together and hopefully get seats together. We can do family boarding with my 2 year old.

My kids can pay for EBCI if they want. I might end up adding it, at least on the way home. As long as I can sit with my mother it is good. I know I have to talk to them about that when we get to the airport.

I wasn't able to get on until just a bit ago and didn't like prices for my chosen dates to Oahu, so we bumped the trip forward two days. I should (fingers crossed) be able to modify our Aulani reservation, we're not booking an easy to fill up category. Paid with points on the way there, but only had enough for one person on the way back, so the rest are cash. Still not a terrible price for the distance though.

Unfortunately I'm thinking I'm going to lose my companion status next year, otherwise we would've made it round trip to HAWAII on points. Small disappointment there, but instead I'm focusing on our fabulous vacation that's becoming a reality!

My southwest flights for December no longer show on the website but when I go into the app all my flight info is there and I don’t see any flight changes. Should I assume changes are coming?
ugh! That's what happened to me in April and May....right before changes were made.

The 1st week of June from IND to MCO was super expensive. We can’t do the cheaper flights since the times don’t work for us. Even with 2 flight credits of over $700 I still paid $600 for the 3 of us and skipped on EB this time.

The April spring vacation dates for New Hampshire (April 22-30) opened up this morning. The Anytime fares are $600 each way! SWA actually nearly doubled the typical Anytime fare vs. non-vacation date travel. And of course there were no Wanna Get Away fares for those dates when the schedule opened. You used to have to be up early to get the discounted fares, but that didn't matter this time.

Jacking the Anytime fares is not a move I've seen for this market before. Not feeling any LUV at all for SWA at this point.
I’m figuring it’s not like the Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away Plus were sold out, they never put them up. I am assuming/hoping they will do this. I plan on checking back frequently to see if this is so. 🤷‍♀️

I'm not sure if this is impacting anyone but it does coincide with the most recent release. What got me thinking to post it is the discussion around pricing and flight options because as we know there's only so many planes, so many pilots and flight crews and they've been running on that line for a while now. I hope they've been able to beef things up though as time is going on, fingers crossed that's the case.

SWA has advised with the new KCI terminal opening up (anticipated to be March) they are/will:
  • "restore nonstop service to Albuquerque and Indianapolis in April. Both routes were discontinued due to the COVID-19 pandemic."
  • "New daily flights to Atlanta, Los Angeles, San Diego and St. Louis also will be added, while new flights to Las Vegas as well as two Florida destinations, Orlando and Pensacola, will be added in June."
  • "Southwest has promised “an increase of six daily departures in April 2023 compared to March 2023 and an additional two in June 2023 — a total of up to 67 daily departures depending on (the) day,”

I booked our MEM to MCO for May this morning, but the nonstop times and prices were not ideal and we wouldn’t arrive at MCO until 5:30 pm so we would basically lose a whole day. I just talked DH into leaving on the last flight the night before and just staying at the MCO Hyatt, which is also not ideal, but at least it will give us mostly a full park us the next day. It’s not a nonstop flight, but we won’t have to change planes and it’s just a 50 minute layover, so that suits me just fine I guess. With an 11:15 pm arrival, he said he’d rather just stay at the Hyatt, then to ride the Mears bus so late at night. So now we will just catch the Mears bus as early as we can get up and moving, drop our bags off with Bell Services and head to the park.

ugh, somehow forgot all about checking SW for opening day flights :(. Trying to book PVD-MCO during April MA vacation week. Got ok prices (low $200's) for return to PVD later in week. Every single flight is sold out for Friday/Saturday/Sunday for PVD-MCO, am I missing something or are they really all sold out??

ugh, somehow forgot all about checking SW for opening day flights :(. Trying to book PVD-MCO during April MA vacation week. Got ok prices (low $200's) for return to PVD later in week. Every single flight is sold out for Friday/Saturday/Sunday for PVD-MCO, am I missing something or are they really all sold out??
There have been a couple posts about this. People tried to book exactly when the flights opened reported there were no Wanna Get Away flights at all. It's the same situation from MCO to Hartford. The theory is SW may be holding those flights for later release. It's anybody's guess.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter