Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Oh here's a question for whomever might know...

Currently I have A-List, which has been fabulous by the way...BUT it shows its only good through the end of this year BUT I have flights booked for Feb and now April and its still showing my A-List status so I didnt have to purchase EB...

I'm assuming January 1st the A-List will just drop off and then I'll go back in an purchase EB?

I know previously when I had Companion Pass for my DH it wouldnt even allow me to book him under CP for dates after it expired and then when I earned it again I had to call and get his flights changed...

It should be a seamless drop off of A-List right?

Out of curiosity for those of you who book on the release date regularly…
I refreshed at 7:25 (probably not right on the dot but close) and every single Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away + fare for my date was “Unavailable.” Was I just too slow or does Southwest sometimes hold these for a popular date? Wondering if it’s worth it to keep checking throughout the day.
Thanks for any help!

Got our flights from RDU to LGB for May just under $500 each, which I will take as a win. 😂 Some options for times, though the return flights were not as favorable as I have had recently. Just happy it’s done!

Not at all happy with our options to fly home to BDL on April 17. It was either at 8:30 am or 8:50 pm, neither of which we want to do. I ended up booking Jet Blue for a little bit more this morning but they had way better options. What happened to the mid-afternoon flights to BDL? Such a bummer.

I refreshed at 7:25 (probably not right on the dot but close) and every single Wanna Get Away and Wanna Get Away + fare for my date was “Unavailable.” Was I just too slow or does Southwest sometimes hold these for a popular date? Wondering if it’s worth it to keep checking throughout the day.
Thanks for any help!
Definitely keep checking. I've seen that happen here before and all of a sudden flights would open up shortly thereafter.

Thanks for any help!

They definitely don’t always release them right away for popular dates & routes. It might take days or weeks, but they’ll show up eventually.

The April spring vacation dates for New Hampshire (April 22-30) opened up this morning. The Anytime fares are $600 each way! SWA actually nearly doubled the typical Anytime fare vs. non-vacation date travel. And of course there were no Wanna Get Away fares for those dates when the schedule opened. You used to have to be up early to get the discounted fares, but that didn't matter this time.

Jacking the Anytime fares is not a move I've seen for this market before. Not feeling any LUV at all for SWA at this point.

I was able to book our flight this morning. Heading home from MCO is about 10,000 points cheaper then the flight down. It was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting them to be much higher. We are flying Business Select this time because we are trying to use our points plus it is a trip without the kids and we treated ourselves. Southwest no longer has great times out of CLE and no non stop flights any longer.

Thanks for any help!
Same thing happened to my daughter. Flying from MCO to Hartford. They must be holding some. Seems like a weird strategy because it will cause people to look into other airlines. Hopefully they will release some more.

Oh here's a question for whomever might know...

Currently I have A-List, which has been fabulous by the way...BUT it shows its only good through the end of this year BUT I have flights booked for Feb and now April and its still showing my A-List status so I didnt have to purchase EB...

I'm assuming January 1st the A-List will just drop off and then I'll go back in an purchase EB?

I know previously when I had Companion Pass for my DH it wouldnt even allow me to book him under CP for dates after it expired and then when I earned it again I had to call and get his flights changed...

It should be a seamless drop off of A-List right?
This happened to me a couple years ago. Online I couldn't add EB for the spring because I was already an A-List member, even though I was not going to be when the flight actually occurred. I called in to to the main number and asked if they could add EB for the spring flight. I *believe*they were able to add it when I called in.

PVD>MCO June 9 WGA $204
MCO>PVD June 16 WGA $173

Which is ridiculous but this is a 10 person trip so I needed this locked up.

Got good times from BDL and then back. We don't mind the early flights. This is our last year flying during MA April break as our DD will be heading to college next fall. Price was less than we thought but I think we over estimate price. It was roughly what we paid last year.

I have a lot of flights to look at this morning. We typically fly BWI->MCO. However, based on dog-sitting options, it might make sense to fly out of Syracuse or Rochester (family who may watch dog is up there). But flights are more limited from those airports. A lot of variables to dissect!
I was able to get RT from ROC to MCO for $212/per person. The two flights we booked were 1/3 to 1/2 the price of most of the other flights on the same day. We certainly lucked out!

I just priced out flghts on Delta and I would have paid $1311 - well, I definitely wouldn't have paid that! But, I'll keep watching as Delta does lower prices closer to time.

The April spring vacation dates for New Hampshire (April 22-30) opened up this morning. The Anytime fares are $600 each way! SWA actually nearly doubled the typical Anytime fare vs. non-vacation date travel. And of course there were no Wanna Get Away fares for those dates when the schedule opened. You used to have to be up early to get the discounted fares, but that didn't matter this time.

Jacking the Anytime fares is not a move I've seen for this market before. Not feeling any LUV at all for SWA at this point.
Honestly? I was always surprised at how low everyone's Anytime and Business Select Fares were. It was the norm here at KCI that those two fares were $600-$700+ per way. They used to be $400+ then went up to $500+ then up more. Admittedly this last year or two I'm seeing more in the $400-$600 range but for years before that the Business Select and Anytime Fares were much higher than people on this thread were quoting. That said the way the new KCI airport is being funded partially is by way of ticket prices so when that opens next spring it's possible flight pricing will get up there again. I do feel for everyone because it's quite a shock to see pricing up that high. We never purchased Business Select or Anytime Fares in the past because it was never worth the price (with exception my husband has purchased Anytime Fares a handful of times when traveling for business and WGA was not available).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter