Post all SW questions concerns, etc. here...

Delta doesn't fly non-stop from KC to Orlando so that would be a nope for me. It's a 2 hr 30-45min flight non-stop.

Delta can be comparable to SWA so they aren't not not an option to us with other destinations although we would have to use our Amex card to get a free checked bag if we needed to check a bag but like any airline things like non-stop and other things come into play. Some Caribbean destinations we've looked at would be Delta as SWA doesn't fly there.

We usually fly out of BWI. Actually, I've never flown out of DCA. How is parking at the airport? Is it easy to maneuver? We're right between both airports.
We usually always fly out of BWI, too. I’ve priced out flights from Reagan and they are usually cheaper than BWI, but there aren’t as many nonstop options. That said, we never book to fly out of Reagan because I don’t know how the parking is either. We have friends that fly out of Reagan, but they always stay the night before at a local and hotel and keep their car there. I guess that’s always an option.

I wish that was the case. I bought my SW tickets for October on Friday for $388, non-stop both ways. On Delta it would have been over $800 and required a connection in DTW, ATL or LGA.
I'm a bit closer than you as my home airport is RDU and there are 2-3 direct flights on Delta from RDU-MCO. I do have to watch the fares, but with our May trip, it would have been $834 WGA with EBCI for 3 people and Delta was $774 for main cabin. I did have flights from RDU to TPA for $600 and would have rented a car, but dealing with the drive to/from TPA was just not what I wanted to do in the end. I'd rather pay more for the closer airport.

We usually always fly out of BWI, too. I’ve priced out flights from Reagan and they are usually cheaper than BWI, but there aren’t as many nonstop options. That said, we never book to fly out of Reagan because I don’t know how the parking is either. We have friends that fly out of Reagan, but they always stay the night before at a local and hotel and keep their car there. I guess that’s always an option.
I’ve always felt BWI was the easiest option and it appears that’s still true. I’m tempted to try DCA though.

First time flying SW, is EBCI necessary if we will have family boarding? And with 2 adults and 3 kids (9, 6, 5), it seems like we should all be able to board together with the 2 "adults" per child uner 6 rule, is that right?

First time flying SW, is EBCI necessary if we will have family boarding? And with 2 adults and 3 kids (9, 6, 5), it seems like we should all be able to board together with the 2 "adults" per child uner 6 rule, is that right?
It's going to depend on the gate agent. By policy, the two adults would be able to board with the 5 year old during family boarding and the two older kids would have to board at their boarding position. I would by EBCI or get Anytime fares rather than WGA.

ETA: Some gate agents make sure to include that older siblings are not covered under Family Boarding.

It's going to depend on the gate agent. By policy, the two adults would be able to board with the 5 year old during family boarding and the two older kids would have to board at their boarding position. I would by EBCI or get Anytime fares rather than WGA.

ETA: Some gate agents make sure to include that older siblings are not covered under Family Boarding.

The policy says ages 6 and younger though, I just didn't know if that would mean one adult can board with the 5 year old, and the other adult and older kid can go with the 6 year old (even though in actuality we'd all be boarding together)

I wish that was the case. I bought my SW tickets for October on Friday for $388, non-stop both ways. On Delta it would have been over $800 and required a connection in DTW, ATL or LGA.
I'm guessing you are looking at GRR! We had the option of SWA, connecting through MDW, for $188 one-way...
...or if we wanted similar times on Delta, connecting through DTW...it was $414 one-way! Delta's options (one-way) were all in the $300+ price range and that does not include any luggage. Even with EBCI, the SW flights are less than $250 one-way and that includes 2 checked bags.

The policy says ages 6 and younger though, I just didn't know if that would mean one adult can board with the 5 year old, and the other adult and older kid can go with the 6 year old (even though in actuality we'd all be boarding together)
You're correct, the policy is six and under. So yes, as long as there is family boarding you'd all be allowed to board as part of family boarding. Be warned there are some flights, especially those to MCO, where they won't have family boarding if the gate agent decides too many families would qualify. Doesn't happen all that often but does happen.

You're correct, the policy is six and under. So yes, as long as there is family boarding you'd all be allowed to board as part of family boarding. Be warned there are some flights, especially those to MCO, where they won't have family boarding if the gate agent decides too many families would qualify. Doesn't happen all that often but does happen.

Appreciate it, thanks! We'll be flying into Tampa and out of MCO so hopefully that won't be an issue

Just got this…

Wanna save
20%
on a getaway? Yes way.
Book with Rapid Rewards® points by Thursday;
use code SAVEZONOW
to get 20% off your base fare.*

Normally when there is a price drop for a flight I currently have I change it and select the same flight and it credits me. I'm not seeing an option to use a code in this process, is the only option to take advantage of the 20% off on rapid rewards flights by cancelling and rebooking?

ETA: I just went ahead and cancelled + rebooked both our flights and saved 20%. Thank you so much for sharing!

Last edited:
Normally when there is a price drop for a flight I currently have I change it and select the same flight and it credits me. I'm not seeing an option to use a code in this process, is the only option to take advantage of the 20% off on rapid rewards flights by cancelling and rebooking?
If you're not seeing the discount when you go to change for the credit, then yes, you need to cancel and rebook. A few times in the past I've changed an existing flight under a promo like this and received a pts credit, but other times I've had to cancel/rebook as the discount wasn't showing up when I went to change. You shouldn't have any trouble cancelling/rebooking as once you cancel, points are immediately credited back to your account so you can then book under the discount right away.

I just came to post about same offer...they just had a promotion a few weeks ago and I saved 4500 points and now ive just saved another 2000 points this is great! Now I’m hoping for a similar offer for my June and Sept flights🙂

Delta doesn't fly non-stop from KC to Orlando so that would be a nope for me. It's a 2 hr 30-45min flight non-stop.

Delta can be comparable to SWA so they aren't not not an option to us with other destinations although we would have to use our Amex card to get a free checked bag if we needed to check a bag but like any airline things like non-stop and other things come into play. Some Caribbean destinations we've looked at would be Delta as SWA doesn't fly there.
Have you flown out of KC since the new terminal opened? We are flying out on 3/26 in the evening, and just wondered how much more time we needed to allot to get thru security now. I loved how it used to be set up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter