Post family Disney-theme night ideas HERE!

Too funny, Tia! I think we were posting at the same time. Glad I could help! On a side note: You NEED to see the movie! It's awesome! :thumbsup2

Too funny, Tia! I think we were posting at the same time. Glad I could help! On a side note: You NEED to see the movie! It's awesome! :thumbsup2

I agree! I love even just the bits and pieces I've seen and the short Happily Ever after is so cute. DD9 went through a long stage of refusing to watch most animated movies and particularly princess ones in fear that there would be scary parts. She's finally made it past that and really wants to see it now. She got it for Easter so I'm more than ready to finally watch it!

Yay, search is back! Now I'm armed with my ideas and ready to go for Friday. I'll try to remember to take pictures. Of course, right after I decided to do Tangled we started on some Africa stuff for schoolwork so I guess I should really do Lion King or something, but oh well. We'll do that when we get to the Camp Minnie-Mickey themed section of our massive WDW unit study. DD9 has been dying to see Tangled so I really want to do it first.

The Muppets Movie

033-8.jpg

Fruit platter to snack on while watching the movie

034-12.jpg

035-9.jpg

Dinner, Miss Piggy's in a blanket, Kermit the Frog legs (chicken drumsticks) Swedish Chefs Swedish meatballs and smilie fries, just because the muppets make us smile :)

038-11.jpg

039-9.jpg

041-12.jpg

040-8.jpg

043-8.jpg

Dessert was Rainbow Connection rainbow sherbert

046-4.jpg

No major craft or activity this night but we did print out some puppets from the computer

047-4.jpg

Dumbo Night

001-16.jpg

Movie snacks - Popcorn, animal crackers and cotton candy

007-15.jpg

Banner that my DD made with our new Cricut

009-17.jpg

008-16.jpg

Coloring pages while we watched the movie

011-17.jpg

013-20.jpg

Dinner was circus food, corndogs, fries and soft pretzels

018-22.jpg

015-19.jpg

014-12.jpg

Dessert was "popcorn" cupcakes and snow cones

003-16.jpg

036-5.jpg

038-12.jpg

After dinner the kids took the ice cream cone bubbles outside and put on a little circus show on the playset for us!

033-10.jpg

The Aristocats

007-16.jpg

010-21.jpg

013-21.jpg

Movie Snacks - Kitty Chow

011-18.jpg

Coloring pages while we watch the movie

012-14.jpg

Dinner was "French" food, french dips, french fries and crepes for dessert

016-19.jpg

018-23.jpg

022-19.jpg

029-19.jpg

The kids craft was ceramic cats that they painted

021-15.jpg

030-11.jpg

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! :lovestruc

You people are all geniuses!!! Geniuses, I tell you!!!

You have totally inspired me!! :tinker:

I will try to pull off a Lady and the Tramp night for my kids and Grandkids this weekend!! Wish me luck!! We go back to Disney in July and I am already trying to plan one a week!! THANK YOU!!! BLESS YOU!!! :thanks:

I am so glad someone told me about this thread! Great ideas everyone!! :thumbsup2 We are going back to DW in Feb. 2013 and I am planning a Disney theme night each month leading up to the trip. :cool1:

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the muppets fruit platter!!!!

Our next theme night is Aladdin...well, either Aladdin or Black Cauldron. I've never seen The Black Cauldron so I'm not exactly sure how I'd theme that. I'm hoping to get things started tomorrow and it should be happening within the next few days!

Oh my gosh, I LOVE the muppets fruit platter!!!!

Our next theme night is Aladdin...well, either Aladdin or Black Cauldron. I've never seen The Black Cauldron so I'm not exactly sure how I'd theme that. I'm hoping to get things started tomorrow and it should be happening within the next few days!

DS is obsessed with Black Cauldron, he loves it! We are going to do it eventually and have the crock pot be the cauldron :)

DS is obsessed with Black Cauldron, he loves it! We are going to do it eventually and have the crock pot be the cauldron :)

Oooh that's good! I was thinking about going to a party store to buy some sort of cauldron but then I couldn't think of anything great to put in it, but the crock pot would be great and kill two birds with one stone! Thanks for that idea, if you don't mind me using it of course!

We had a Chef Mickey's party last Saturday evening. It wasn't celebrating anything - just getting some of the cousins together for some Disney fun.

My granddaughters. (A new granddaughter will join our Disney madness in September. :cutie:)

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012005.jpg

I bought plain white aprons and hats, and my daughter (Brooklynnsmommy on DIS) put the iron-on transfers on.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012002.jpg

Listening to instructions on all the jobs that would be done.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012010.jpg

The littlest chef.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012008.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012011.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012016.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012017.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012019.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012021.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012024.jpg

Chef Mickey's Buffet.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012025.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012026.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012028.jpg

Desserts were provided by Minnie's Bake Shop.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012027.jpg

Enjoying their handiwork.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012031.jpg

All the kids got their pictures made with Mickey.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012036.jpg

After dinner, we went into the backyard to play 9 holes of Goofy's Garden Golf. I failed to get a picture of the sign. :(

Hole 1.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012041.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012042.jpg

Every garden needs a money tree, right?

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012044.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012049.jpg

Stop and spray the pesky bugs here.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012050.jpg

'Corny' jokes were all over the course. The kids didn't get them all, but the grown-ups got a chuckle, and there was some rolling of the eyes. ;)

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012051.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012053.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012059.jpg

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012060.jpg

If Bella (just turned 3) couldn't make the shot, she just put in the hole/bucket/whatever. :upsidedow

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012076.jpg

Consulting on a crucial shot.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012078.jpg

You can tell by the decorations this was a pro level course. :laughing:

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012079.jpg

Micah was happy to throw the pumpkins around the pumpkin patch.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012081.jpg

He tried his best to pick up the watermelon.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012082.jpg

It was a fun evening for all of the little ones.

ChefMickeysPartyApr2012088.jpg

We did our first of, probably, 8 movie nights last night. We're leaving in 8 or 9 weeks (haven't settled on an exact date yet).

In honor of Cinco de Mayo, we did the Three Caballeros. I've NEVER seen this movie. I've had it forever, (seriously, my copy is on VHS) and still never seen it. LOL! :lmao: I watched it while the kids were in school so I could do a little more than just basic mexican food. I added Burrito, our *winged* pin the tail on the donkey after watching it. I was going to make some sort of Pablo penguin snack but decided we had more than enough snacks.

Dinner was mini beef tacos, chicken taquitos and a Mexican flag of green peppers, cheese and watermelon. To drink I made mock margaritas. They were gross. :rotfl2: Not all that yummy looking stuff on Pinterst is *acutally* yummy.

IMG_2356.jpg

IMG_2361.jpg

IMG_2360.jpg

IMG_2356.jpg

I made the fans over the table out of scrapbooking paper and the little bit of runner on the table we left over from DDs 3rd Dora birthday party. I made the flowers from some tissue paper.

They may have tasted gross, but at least they looked cool. The glasses were also left overs from DDs party. I had made green jell-o in them for her birthday party... kinda wishing I'd done that again. LOL!!

IMG_2371.jpg

And, just so you know, this is the recipe I used. Blech!

For dessert and snacks we had chips and salsa (for Dad), cookie "chips" and fruit dip "gaucamole", sombrero cookies, hot (and not-so-hot) tamales and Mexican wedding cookies. The banner is more tissue paper.

IMG_2376.jpg

IMG_2372.jpg

IMG_2383.jpg

IMG_2384.jpg

The sombrero cookies are from here.

The "chips" and "guacamole" are from here.

Mexican wedding cookies (YUM!!!) are from here.

While they watched the movie, DD and DS colored the tails for our Pin-the-Tail-on-the-(winged)-Donkey game. I picked the game up at Target and just added some scrapbooking paper wings.

IMG_2391.jpg

DSC08596.jpg

DSC08585.jpg

Next week... Aladdin!!

DSC08607.jpg

Ole!!

IMG_2369.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter