Post-Greece stay?

DisneyWishes14

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone! We are seriously considering the Greece tour in June 2018 and I'm curious if anyone has done a post-stay at the conclusion of this tour? I'm considering just booking some extra nights at the tour resort to unwind a little before we have to fly home or perhaps visit another area of Crete? We could spend a maximum of 3 extra nights and would mostly just want to swim and maybe stroll through a town or two. Something relaxing for 2 adults and a 10 year old! I would love to hear any experiences anyone has had staying in Crete at the end of the tour!

The Porto Elounda Resort in Crete, where the ABD stays, is one of the *nicest*, most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms are luxurious, and the setting is spectacular! It has a fabulous spa, and a lovely beach area. I would highly recommend doing your post-days there. I don't think you'd regret it! I wish I'd known to do post-days there!

Sayhello

The Porto Elounda Resort in Crete, where the ABD stays, is one of the *nicest*, most beautiful hotels I've ever stayed at. The rooms are luxurious, and the setting is spectacular! It has a fabulous spa, and a lovely beach area. I would highly recommend doing your post-days there. I don't think you'd regret it! I wish I'd known to do post-days there!

Sayhello

That's awesome! Thank you!! It certainly would be the most convenient thing to do!

Another vote for extra days at the Porto Elounda. Crete is amazing. You won't want to leave.

Another vote for Porto Elounda. Fantastic resort. Absolutely love it. But......I loved Crete. Beautiful island with wonderful people. I wish I had more time to see another side of Crete.........but...........man, that Porto Elounda Resort is nice. And don't miss the Ferryman Restaurant in Elounda. Great meal.

Crete is a big island. If you want to just relax and decompress for a few days, stay at Porto Elounda for a few days. You won't regret it. If you want to see more of Crete, then stay busy and head to the other end.

We stayed for one night. The resort was absolutely lovely and we were so excited to have a day to relax. And then that day came and all four of us wish we had left. Nothing at all about the resort - it's amazing. But it's a huge letdown to go from an AbD trip to nothing. Our whole group left on the same flight first thing in the morning, including our guides. The kids were so sad at the pool and beach with none of their friends around. We didn't really say bye to anyone because they were all leaving together so everyone just kind of scattered after the last dinner. Then the next morning, our ground transport didn't show up and we had to call around to get it fixed and were really late to the airport. So I don't think we'll do another post stay, even though that resort really is amazing and the island is gorgeous.

Having lived in Crete for 2 1/2 years, you should go over to Chania and spend some time there. The Porto Veniziano is a nice place....

If you want to stay outside of Chania and want a resort, the Avra Imperial is amazing! They've just opened some rental apartments in Chania, but I can't tell you anything about them.

I miss Crete every day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter