Post pics of your bag you carry into park

I'm going to be getting the Vera Bradley hipster hopefully very soon for our trip in August. I was planning to bring a backpack too but the thought of carrying around something on my back in that heat...:eek:. I saw the hipster and I think it will be big enough to carry things for DS (4) to the parks, plus it's long enough that I can have it hang down on my butt and not up on my back. THe only downside is I highly doubt DH is going to want to carry around a peacock color Vera Bradley bag :rotfl2: but that's ok, he'll get over it!

Last year I used the Overland Equipment Juno. I loved it because I could fit everything in it and it was still small. This year I'm using the overland Bayliss. Even smaller as I got a smaller camera and weeded out stuff I didn't need.

Here's me and the Juno:
Disney038.jpg

Yes, I know it is from Universal but it showed the bag well. ;)

DSC01884-1.jpg

I bought this bag specifically for Disney & it worked great. I liked that it was a soft fabric even for the straps. It's a Fossil.

I'm going to be getting the Vera Bradley hipster hopefully very soon for our trip in August. I was planning to bring a backpack too but the thought of carrying around something on my back in that heat...:eek:. I saw the hipster and I think it will be big enough to carry things for DS (4) to the parks, plus it's long enough that I can have it hang down on my butt and not up on my back. THe only downside is I highly doubt DH is going to want to carry around a peacock color Vera Bradley bag :rotfl2: but that's ok, he'll get over it!

I use a Vera Bradley bag in Disney too! I find them sooooo comfortable and super LIGHT! Two BIG plusses with a Disney trip. My husband didn't mind helping out at all because he knew most of the time I was carrying our stuff around - I'm sure yours will feel the same way! I use the Villager bag (over the shoulder tote bag with zipper). Also when all is said and done you will actually use a Vera bag at home and it can be thrown right in the wash when you get home! Two more big plusses! :thumbsup2

I use a Vera Bradley bag in Disney too! I find them sooooo comfortable and super LIGHT! Two BIG plusses with a Disney trip. My husband didn't mind helping out at all because he knew most of the time I was carrying our stuff around - I'm sure yours will feel the same way! I use the Villager bag (over the shoulder tote bag with zipper). Also when all is said and done you will actually use a Vera bag at home and it can be thrown right in the wash when you get home! Two more big plusses! :thumbsup2

Well I just ordered the hipster in Peacock yesterday! I can't wait to get it! DH thinks VB bags are so ugly...oh well. I got the wristlet 2 days ago and LOVE IT already so I'm sure I'll love the hipster as well. ::yes:: It just feels so soft and comfortable, and like you said I really wanted something light too. Since we are going in August/Sept I didn't want something hanging on my back in that heat so I thought this would be a good alternative. LOVE the fact that you can wash them too!:thumbsup2

resize

It's by AmeriBag and it's called a 'Microfiber Healthy Bag' and I loved it.. it had so many compartments for all of my things and it wasn't heavy at all! :thumbsup2

For those of you who haven't tried one, the ultimate pack for WDW or any theme park is a Mountainsmith Lumbar Day Pack. All the functionality of a backpack, yet the bag sits in the small of your back like a fanny pack. Plus, it has backpack straps that take the load off your hips and distributes it evenly.

:cool1: Vera Bradely is my other form of crack when I am not on this website. Took the mini hipster(Rasberry Fizz) to Washington DC last month and it was terrific. So good that I ordered two last night for myself and my Mama to use this Dec. in the World(Classic Black--Ebags--$26). Of course then I had to get the small matching wallet.....to go with Miller Bag.....to go with Hanging Organizer....to go with Large Cosmetic Bag....:rotfl:

This is the bag DH wears. We love it!!! I bought it at Walmart for $12 five or six years ago in the back to school supplies section. It is small and doesn't get in the way. Yet is large enough to carry everything we need. The one strap is starting to pull or fray at the top so I have been looking for a backup/replacement for about 2 years now and can't find anything like it. I believe it is Ozark Trails brand.

DSC02356.jpg

If anyone finds anything compairable let me know!

I bought the bagallini last year and he vetoed it. He wants one just like the one we have and since he carries all day everyday he has the final say...
I have thought about buying one of those Camelback hydration packs and taking the bladder out of it, but they are sooo expensive and the don't have as many pockets, but they are the right size.

I just bought the AmeriBag Metro New Yorker Messenger Bag on the Ebags website. I debated back & forth for hours between this one & the Baggallini Messenger Bag (MicroFiber or Eco Messenger Bag which is new). I did not like the quality look of the crinkle nylon Baggallini Bag.

The AmeriBag looks as if it will swing to the front much easer than the Baggallini & none of the customer reviews stated problems with the slipping on the shoulder strap that I have read about the Baggallini.

The Ameribag is leather on the bottom (less stains) & is also made of microfiber (water resistant). I really like the non-slip cross-body shoulder strap in comparison to the Baggallini, it looks much more comforable. It also appears to have many organization pockets, which I love !!!

Does anyone have this bag? Have they used it at Disneyworld? I will let you know what I think when it arrives on 06/30/08. We get the BEST information here on the DIS boards, so I will be sure to share with everyone !!:santa: :santa: :santa:

ameribag.jpg

I just bought the AmeriBag Metro New Yorker Messenger Bag on the Ebags website. I debated back & forth for hours between this one & the Baggallini Messenger Bag (MicroFiber or Eco Messenger Bag which is new). I did not like the quality look of the crinkle nylon Baggallini Bag.

The AmeriBag looks as if it will swing to the front much easer than the Baggallini & none of the customer reviews stated problems with the slipping on the shoulder strap that I have read about the Baggallini.

The Ameribag is leather on the bottom (less stains) & is also made of microfiber (water resistant). I really like the non-slip cross-body shoulder strap in comparison to the Baggallini, it looks much more comforable. It also appears to have many organization pockets, which I love !!!

Does anyone have this bag? Have they used it at Disneyworld? I will let you know what I think when it arrives on 06/30/08. We get the BEST information here on the DIS boards, so I will be sure to share with everyone !!:santa: :santa: :santa:

ameribag.jpg
Thanks for posting! I'm interested in seeing what you think about it once you get it. Please post and let us know if you like it or not.

I am a backpack gal too. I have the PERFECT mini backpack I bought in 2004 at Eddie Bauer for my honeymoon. It held a wallet, water bottles, camera, hand sanitizer, sunscreen, and snacks. Even sandwiches & Capri Suns for lunch! I use a Eddie Bauer backpack for DS's diaper bag. And a small canvas messenger bag (free from a conference)as he is getting older when I just want to take along a few diapers, wipes, extra outfit, extra juice box, and some snack bag.

On previous trips I used backpacks, tote bags, and fanny packs. I still like the mini backpack.

Also if you are looking for GREAT duffel bags--try the Eddie Bauer ones at Target. Very affordable and very durable! That is also where I got the backpack I use for the diaper bag.

This is a great bag for the parks---not too big, very light, holds a ton of stuff. It was listed on the Budget Board (as the Columbia Tour Pouch" over a year ago and sold out in days!!

http://www.camping4less.com/product.asp?specific=jrkrrolnqqq
Good to know, but it looks like the design is a bit different. If you go to the EBags site & type in Ameribag Metro New Yorker Messenger Style Bag in the search field, it will give you many photos of the interior & exterior features. I bought the solid black color for Disneyworld, but if I like it, I may purchase the tan/black color for daily use.

3"Mouse"keteers;25817491 said:
Thanks for posting! I'm interested in seeing what you think about it once you get it. Please post and let us know if you like it or not.
Sure thing, I got the black color hoping I would be less obsessive about getting it dirty on vacation. :santa: :santa: :santa:

For those of you who have used this bag:

I bought this bag - it is really nice - but I was wondering, do you think I will need a pad for the shoulder strap? I was thinking of making one as all the ones I have found are too big and bulky.

Thanks so much!

Since most of those type straps are like car seatbelt straps, they make these car seatbelt covers that are made out of terry cloth & padded. They sale them in the baby section at Walmart or Target. When my son was a baby, I bought some to cover the car seatbelts to avoid stains & the stiffness/scratchiness crossing his babyseat/carseat.

They would be great for these types of straps. :santa:

I bought a tan Tinkerbell bag at WalMart. It worked great, had a hidden compartment for cash, room for everything...but the fabric around the snap ripped. :(

Since most of those type straps are like car seatbelt straps, they make these car seatbelt covers that are made out of terry cloth & padded. They sale them in the baby section at Walmart or Target. When my son was a baby, I bought some to cover the car seatbelts to avoid stains & the stiffness/scratchiness crossing his babyseat/carseat.

They would be great for these types of straps. :santa:

Awesome! Great idea, thanks so much:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter