POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

This thread is super helpful; thank you!

I’m signed up for the Disneyland half without POT. My goal is to get a qualifying POT for wine and dine 2024. I’ve only run 1 half before and I did it in 2:10 but that was over 10 years ago. I can run long distances with an average pace of 10:30. Some of my shorter runs are 9:50-10. For my Disneyland half training I focused on distance and admittedly did not do as much cross training or speed work as I’d like.

What is the easiest way for my to get a POT for wine and dine? Is it a 10k, 10 miler or half? I’d hate to do a half and miss the cut off by a few minutes. Does submitting any time help corral placement or does it only matter if it’s sub 2:15 for the half?

Any resources to help on my speed ?

FYI- I’ll be stopping for photos at the Disneyland race and don’t plan to use that time.

This thread is super helpful; thank you!

I’m signed up for the Disneyland half without POT. My goal is to get a qualifying POT for wine and dine 2024. I’ve only run 1 half before and I did it in 2:10 but that was over 10 years ago. I can run long distances with an average pace of 10:30. Some of my shorter runs are 9:50-10. For my Disneyland half training I focused on distance and admittedly did not do as much cross training or speed work as I’d like.

What is the easiest way for my to get a POT for wine and dine? Is it a 10k, 10 miler or half? I’d hate to do a half and miss the cut off by a few minutes. Does submitting any time help corral placement or does it only matter if it’s sub 2:15 for the half?

FYI- I’ll be stopping for photos at the Disneyland race and don’t plan to use that time.
10k would probably be easiest to pull off, there’s less of a commitment. When I started focusing more on improving times the first races I noticed improvements were shorter distances. Don’t bother submitting a time if it doesn’t fall in the POT range, you might end up getting penalized and put in the last corral. They have the later estimated time ranges for a reason, no reason to go beyond that, it's just giving RD extra work to sift through.

What is the easiest way for my to get a POT for wine and dine? Is it a 10k, 10 miler or half?
@DopeyBadger just answered a very similar question here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/the-running-thread-2024.3936814/post-65243298

Does submitting any time help corral placement or does it only matter if it’s sub 2:15 for the half?
Some people find that if they submit a slower time, they're placed in the corral that matches that time. Others have said they put a time and got placed in the last corral. If it were me, I would only submit a time that actually qualified.

Find a training plan that fits where your fitness is now and the amount of time you have for running, and follow it.

One easy way to add a little bit of speed is with 3-8 strides at the end of a couple of easy runs a week. Strides are 10-20 second intervals of speedwork with complete rest in between. Gradually build up over the first few seconds to 80-90% of your maximum speed. Hold that speed for the middle part of the interval (5-10 seconds). Then - again gradually - slow back down to your normal running speed. When you feel fully recovered (breathing and HR back to normal), you can do another stride if you want.

I'm not sure when the POT submission cutoff is for W&D - maybe July? - but you probably have time for a couple of training cycles before then if you wanted, which gives you options to try multiple distances.

10k would probably be easiest to pull off, there’s less of a commitment. When I started focusing more on improving times the first races I noticed improvements were shorter distances. Don’t bother submitting a time if it doesn’t fall in the POT range, you might end up getting penalized and put in the last corral. They have the later estimated time ranges for a reason, no reason to go beyond that, it's just giving RD extra work to sift through.
Thank you! Struggling to understand the charts, what time do I need for the 10k to submit a POT?

I just noticed the following on rD page:

10-Miler Proof of Time: Results for a 10K, 15K, 10-Mile, Half Marathon or Marathon

I never seen the 15k before, which is great for non-US racers.

I think it’s great for everybody, since a 15k is the ideal race distance. Short enough to let you go fast, long enough to be a challenge. Yet I still refuse to sign up for the 10-miler because that extra .7 ruins the entire experience.

1704762956089.jpeg

I think it’s great for everybody, since a 15k is the ideal race distance. Short enough to let you go fast, long enough to be a challenge. Yet I still refuse to sign up for the 10-miler because that extra .7 ruins the entire experience.

View attachment 824236
The only disadvantage is that the 15k is not acceptable for the Marathon. I guess I’ll push a HM when my current PoT expires.

Well crap. Are we going to speculate now that they might move the POT for the WDW race weekends to 2:30 as well? Because that might motivate me to to train to go faster and attempt it.
My impression is that specifically in Disneyland they need to spread out the corals more evenly by getting some C people moved up to B to help with course congestion so maybe that is why the POT was expanded.
Of course take my opinion with a grain of salt because DL HM was my first and only runDisney event.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter