POT (Proof of Time) Race Equivalency Cutoff Confirmed Times

Hmmm…. I’ll be interested to see how this goes. Was planning to run another half for POT before next year’s marathon. But if it extends to 2:30, I have a 2:19 half.
HM POT may or may not go out to 2:30 for the other races in the 2024-25 season, but also remember that it's not the same POT for the marathon. IF (and this is a big if) they bump the M time up to 5 hours and keep the same formula, you'd need about a 2:22, if I'm doing the math right (which could go either way). So you'd probably be okay with a 2:19 HM for either in that case; just don't forget there's a gap there.

Any guesses on if this means A & B will get bigger or will corral C require POT with the rest of the field getting pushed back to D and beyond?

Any guesses on if this means A & B will get bigger or will corral C require POT with the rest of the field getting pushed back to D and beyond?
Hopefully it will be three corrals - A, B, C.

I think the amount of people that can run a 2:15-2:30 or equivalent 10K is a lot. I used to be in C corral back in my early days of runDisney with my 10K POT (1:05) and it was quite large. I remember the first time I ran from B and was in awe at how uncrowded it was!

That makes me also wonder where Platinum CrD will now be placed.

I think the amount of people that can run a 2:15-2:30 or equivalent 10K is a lot. I used to be in C corral back in my early days of runDisney with my 10K POT (1:05) and it was quite large. I remember the first time I ran from B and was in awe at how uncrowded it was!

I was watching onceuponamarathon on Instagram and She shared the idea that Club rundisney would be the first not POT corral. While I don't necessarily agree with Club getting to be in B, if I had bought it and then they changed this perk I wouldn't be too happy.

I was watching onceuponamarathon on Instagram and She shared the idea that Club rundisney would be the first not POT corral. While I don't necessarily agree with Club getting to be in B, if I had bought it and then they changed this perk I wouldn't be too happy.
They better not move CrD backwards, my races have been much more enjoyable since getting that earlier start

They don’t always care to make people happy. E.g. I wasn’t happy when they suddenly decided to take away the early registration perk from DVC and AP folks after we bought APs. There was really no advance warning.
And they have never officially said CrD would be in B, only that they would get a “corral bump.” If they have PoT (based on new DL times), they can still submit it and not need the corral bump. Thought: I wonder if they qualify for C and are CrD, could they get “bumped” to B? Or too much work?

They don’t always care to make people happy. E.g. I wasn’t happy when they suddenly decided to take away the early registration perk from DVC and AP folks after we bought APs. There was really no advance warning.
And they have never officially said CrD would be in B, only that they would get a “corral bump.” If they have PoT (based on new DL times), they can still submit it and not need the corral bump. Thought: I wonder if they qualify for C and are CrD, could they get “bumped” to B? Or too much work?
I remember when CrD was first announced, the language made it seem more like members would get a one corral bump. If they qualified for E, they would bump to D, for example. We never had any races with the club before the pandemic though, so we didn't really see what they intended. It seems rD has just been trying to do everything to make it the easiest for the since the return, so why not just throw everyone into one corral?

I remember when CrD was first announced, the language made it seem more like members would get a one corral bump. If they qualified for E, they would bump to D, for example. We never had any races with the club before the pandemic though, so we didn't really see what they intended. It seems rD has just been trying to do everything to make it the easiest for the since the return, so why not just throw everyone into one corral?

I thought when it was first announced in January 2020, the upgraded corral placement was an upgrade to the last POT corral. Which at the time was E or F. The official announcement is still up on the Rundisney blog but just says ‘upgraded corral placement’.

I found this on a blog (not affiliated with Disney) but not sure if Disney ever official put this out on any of their marketing for club Rundisney:
The upgraded corral placement will guarantee you get placed in corral F, no higher — currently 6 out of 8 corrals back for the half and full marathons. So if you qualified for an earlier corral with a valid proof of time, Platinum membership adds no value on this front.

The tightening of POT after the pandemic and only having 2 POT corrals added value to club Rundisney members I’m sure (not a member).

I thought when it was first announced in January 2020, the upgraded corral placement was an upgrade to the last POT corral. Which at the time was E or F. The official announcement is still up on the Rundisney blog but just says ‘upgraded corral placement’.

I found this on a blog (not affiliated with Disney) but not sure if Disney ever official put this out on any of their marketing for club Rundisney:
The upgraded corral placement will guarantee you get placed in corral F, no higher — currently 6 out of 8 corrals back for the half and full marathons. So if you qualified for an earlier corral with a valid proof of time, Platinum membership adds no value on this front.

The tightening of POT after the pandemic and only having 2 POT corrals added value to club Rundisney members I’m sure (not a member).
I don't think rD even actually specified what they meant by 'upgraded' and we all just sort interpreted it in our own way.

I'm also a former corral C runner. This year was my first in B and my experience was so much better! I hope with the expanded POT it will extend to C and not overcrowd A and B. When I was in C I felt I was appropriately seeded at that time, however, I felt like there were many, many runners who were not and it impacted my ability to run and my overall experience. I had to arrive early and line up before the corrals opened to hopefully get to the front of C. No time for pictures or socializing really. And even then I was blocked by walkers right out of the gate. There is just no reason C needs to hold over 50% of the field. It doesn't make sense so hopefully this will alleviate the chaos that is corral C by making it another smaller POT corral. I worked hard to get my POT to get me out of C so I'm really hoping B isn't the new C. 😂

Also, my opinion, a lot of people dislike CrD getting B but I feel like there are way less CrD in B than there is misplaced runners in C. That corral is more problematic due to its size and the co-mingling of people intending to run a quicker pace and people from the back wanting/needing more time so they pick the first available non-POT time.

If rD had enough employees to check I think they should allow everyone to submit a POT from a valid race and seed every appropriately. Its benefit is two-fold: puts people in the appropriate corral as well as gets new runners experience in an official race (and supports local races!). Everyone is always complaining about lack of race etiquette and some of that is due to so many beginner runners at these races.

I'm also a former corral C runner. This year was my first in B and my experience was so much better! I hope with the expanded POT it will extend to C and not overcrowd A and B. When I was in C I felt I was appropriately seeded at that time, however, I felt like there were many, many runners who were not and it impacted my ability to run and my overall experience. I had to arrive early and line up before the corrals opened to hopefully get to the front of C. No time for pictures or socializing really. And even then I was blocked by walkers right out of the gate. There is just no reason C needs to hold over 50% of the field. It doesn't make sense so hopefully this will alleviate the chaos that is corral C by making it another smaller POT corral. I worked hard to get my POT to get me out of C so I'm really hoping B isn't the new C. 😂

Also, my opinion, a lot of people dislike CrD getting B but I feel like there are way less CrD in B than there is misplaced runners in C. That corral is more problematic due to its size and the co-mingling of people intending to run a quicker pace and people from the back wanting/needing more time so they pick the first available non-POT time.

If rD had enough employees to check I think they should allow everyone to submit a POT from a valid race and seed every appropriately. Its benefit is two-fold: puts people in the appropriate corral as well as gets new runners experience in an official race (and supports local races!). Everyone is always complaining about lack of race etiquette and some of that is due to so many beginner runners at these races.
Don’t get me started on the 10k. Before COVID I did the Princess 10k in C, and now after focusing on injury prevention, strength, and working with coaches, I really belong in B, but got out in C last year. I really wish we could submit a POT for the 10k so we could be properly seeded. My cousin put a 10-12mm pace last year and got B, I put 8-10mm based on my PR and I got C.

At least having those POT available means we could argue with runner relations. I didn’t argue last year and will this year if I get C again.

There is just no reason C needs to hold over 50% of the field. It doesn't make sense so hopefully this will alleviate the chaos that is corral C by making it another smaller POT corral. I worked hard to get my POT to get me out of C so I'm really hoping B isn't the new C. 😂
This will always be a problem unless rD does as you say and extends PoT even further. The first non-pot corral has been chaos for years.

Even if the 2:15-2:30 runners join B it won't be near as bad as C was for you. You'll still avoid all the people who blatantly lie about their estimated time to give themselves more cushion. They're the real problem with the current system and I'm not sure how to realistically avoid that. Extending PoT only pushes it further back.

Agree! I don’t remember these crowding issues pre pandemic when POT extended to 2:45. Maybe I just notice them more now, but corral C for the half during marathon weekend the past two years (running goofy and needing POT for the marathon) was miserable enough that I’m not running the half next year. For whatever reasons, if there were crowding issues in the full marathon, I was able to get ahead/around them for the full but not in the half. I finally did run a 2:04 after the September deadline, so would probably be corral B next year, but going to see how this plays out and stick to the full only.

C (2:15-2:30) & D (2:30-2:45) used to be POT corrals. When they dropped the POT to 2:30, D became the ginormous corral with most of the field in it. It was pre Covid when they dropped D as a POT corral and post Covid when they dropped C.

C (2:15-2:30) & D (2:30-2:45) used to be POT corrals. When they dropped the POT to 2:30, D became the ginormous corral with most of the field in it. It was pre Covid when they dropped D as a POT corral and post Covid when they dropped C.
I'm okay with this. Should fix congestion and injuries on the course from people lying about their pace

Hmm I think the POT extension would have to go to C. The people who could get a POT in that new range would probably be more than the current A + B combined. I will say B felt bigger and more crowded in the beginning of the marathon this year than last, I imagine because more people had time to get a POT with races being back to normal. It wasn't bad by any means, but I ran basically the same pace and it felt much busier on the course in the early miles for me than last year. It did open up again once I got past MK. I too wonder where club rD goes, I don't really understand how that perk works.

This will always be a problem unless rD does as you say and extends PoT even further. The first non-pot corral has been chaos for years.

Even if the 2:15-2:30 runners join B it won't be near as bad as C was for you. You'll still avoid all the people who blatantly lie about their estimated time to give themselves more cushion. They're the real problem with the current system and I'm not sure how to realistically avoid that. Extending PoT only pushes it further back.
You basically hit the nail on the head in that rD needs to have more corrals which require a POT. The system is inherently flawed if you are trusting people to give an honest estimation of their finish time. I trust that this will be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that Groups A through E should require a POT and have the last group for runners who don't wish to provide proof of time.

You basically hit the nail on the head in that rD needs to have more corrals which require a POT. The system is inherently flawed if you are trusting people to give an honest estimation of their finish time. I trust that this will be an unpopular opinion, but I feel that Groups A through E should require a POT and have the last group for runners who don't wish to provide proof of time.
I think this is the way it was way back when. Either the last corral or the last two corrals were where runners without a POT ended up. All the other corrals were properly seeded and POT was known to be uber important.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter