• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Prayers

Looking4themouse

Mouseketeer
I know this may not be the appropriate forum for this, but I just took my dog to the vet the other day because I found a tumor on her neck. The vet believes it is cancerous, we are completely devestated. She is only 4 years old. Please do me a favor and send a little prayer up for my girl Reese.

I will be praying very hard for your little Reese. We just lost our beloved Riley, an 8 yr old mini schnauzer, the very best dog in the world (to me, anyhow) in June and I know how hard this time must be for you and your family. I sincerely hope all works out well. :hug:

I will send my prayers also. I have a beautiful Golden that's 3, at that age they are so full of life, and I dunno what I would do if I lost him. I really hope your baby gets better! :hug:

My disney friends went through something very similar 1 week before our holiday trip to DL last year. We held our breath....we prayed.....we cried. Little Miss Abbey's lump was benign.

I have already said my first prayer for you and Reese.

It takes no time for these devoted members of our family to become so close to our hearts. We have a 4 year old Cairn Terrorist. Four is just too soon to think about saying good bye.

Let us know......but I'm holding out for good news like our good news about Abbey.

My crazy big ol' dog has had 2 cancerous tumors - both mast cell. One was 2 years ago and looked pretty bad - she was probably 5 at the time (she's a rescue lab, so I don't have her exact age). The second was about a year ago and looked really bad. We had surgeries to remove each. After the first, they went back to remove more to get a clean margin. After the second, the vet fully expected her not to live much longer - the second tumor grew extremely quickly and we thought for sure it had spread. With every month that went by without another tumor, the vet said our chances improved, but he didn't think it would be long. Well, she's proved him wrong again! No signs of a new one.

I'm going to guess yours is probably mast cell, too, if it is cancerous. It's more common than I realized - and it doesn't have to mean the worst news. You'd never know that Maisy had even had surgery - she's exactly the same - crazy.

Hang in there!

Good wishes for Reese, Looking4themouse. Prayer said.

If it proves cancerous, inquire about treatments. Our dog, Doc (in signature below) was diagnosed at age 4 also. With treatments, he was our companion for another 3 years, almost doubling his lifetime.

Again, my best. :hug:'s

My crazy big ol' dog has had 2 cancerous tumors - both mast cell. One was 2 years ago and looked pretty bad - she was probably 5 at the time (she's a rescue lab, so I don't have her exact age). The second was about a year ago and looked really bad. We had surgeries to remove each. After the first, they went back to remove more to get a clean margin. After the second, the vet fully expected her not to live much longer - the second tumor grew extremely quickly and we thought for sure it had spread. With every month that went by without another tumor, the vet said our chances improved, but he didn't think it would be long. Well, she's proved him wrong again! No signs of a new one.

I'm going to guess yours is probably mast cell, too, if it is cancerous. It's more common than I realized - and it doesn't have to mean the worst news. You'd never know that Maisy had even had surgery - she's exactly the same - crazy.

Hang in there!

Reese is growing at an alarming rate it is more than 4 times the size it was on Tuesday already. The vet is supposed to see her on Sunday to decided whether or not a biopsy is even feasible. This is all just happening too fast, and I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but it's failing me today, she couldn't sleep last night as the tumor is on her neck, so it makes breathing pretty hard because of the size. You at least have given me a glimmer of hope, thank you.

Reese is growing at an alarming rate it is more than 4 times the size it was on Tuesday already. The vet is supposed to see her on Sunday to decided whether or not a biopsy is even feasible. This is all just happening too fast, and I'm trying to keep a positive attitude, but it's failing me today, she couldn't sleep last night as the tumor is on her neck, so it makes breathing pretty hard because of the size. You at least have given me a glimmer of hope, thank you.
I went through this earlier this year. On Memorial Day I was gushing about one of my little guys at a family picnic. The next morning I woke up to find my fur baby sick. It truly seemed out of nowhere! It all happened so fast and yet felt like the longest week of my life. I know exactly how you feel. Hang in there!

We lost our wonderful Golden Retriever to lymphoma before his 6th birthday. I am sorry you are going through this, I hope you find the strength to do what's right for your pet. Either way you go, it's tough.:grouphug:

We lost our wonderful Golden Retriever to lymphoma before his 6th birthday. I am sorry you are going through this, I hope you find the strength to do what's right for your pet. Either way you go, it's tough.:grouphug:

Thank you, I've been struggling to figure out exactly what's right, my heart tells me one thing, my brain tells me another. I don't want my dog to suffer needlessly, whatever decision I make.

Thank you, I've been struggling to figure out exactly what's right, my heart tells me one thing, my brain tells me another. I don't want my dog to suffer needlessly, whatever decision I make.

That's exactly how we felt. We could afford chemo, and the dog did great for a year. At the end, the vet said "you'll know, your animal will tell you when they are done fighting". We knew when he gave up by the look in his eyes and his actions.

I know this may not be the appropriate forum for this, but I just took my dog to the vet the other day because I found a tumor on her neck. The vet believes it is cancerous, we are completely devestated. She is only 4 years old. Please do me a favor and send a little prayer up for my girl Reese.

I will send up prayers. In November 2008 our Rottweiler Blitz was diagnosed with bone cancer in front right leg. We were also devestated, he was 7 yrs old. I do not know where you live , if you are in the DC metro area we know a great pet cancer center. I would go and get a second opinion from an vet specializing in canine cancer. We had to amputate Blitzs front right leg and he has done wonderful as Tripawd. If you go to the website Tripawds.com there is a lot of info and support on canine cancer issues of all kinds . PM me if you need anything , what kind of dog is she?

Looking back, both times we skipped the biopsy and went straight for the surgical removal. They did send it off after that for grading and all of that good stuff.

Keep us posted.
:grouphug:

I will send up prayers. In November 2008 our Rottweiler Blitz was diagnosed with bone cancer in front right leg. We were also devestated, he was 7 yrs old. I do not know where you live , if you are in the DC metro area we know a great pet cancer center. I would go and get a second opinion from an vet specializing in canine cancer. We had to amputate Blitzs front right leg and he has done wonderful as Tripawd. If you go to the website Tripawds.com there is a lot of info and support on canine cancer issues of all kinds . PM me if you need anything , what kind of dog is she?

My little fur baby is a big ole roly poly Mastiff. She is true to her breed, the gentle giant, in no way graceful, but she is gentle. I do plan on seeing an oncologist, but I need a diagnosis first, and even though I won't want to, I will probably trust whatever my vet says, as he is my boss, as well as a friend, I don't think he will steer me wrong.

Looking back, both times we skipped the biopsy and went straight for the surgical removal. They did send it off after that for grading and all of that good stuff.

Keep us posted.
:grouphug:

Well I'm sure he will actually debulk it, as he has told me that complete removal wasn't happening. The location is very close to her skull, which would mean that the needed margins of healthy cell growth around it could not be met.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter