Pregnant Prime Minister

You think someone has no integrity if they do not immediately announce to an employer, or future employer, their pregnancy? And this osmeone plans to take only a 6 week leave and even then work from home in many capacities?

Wow. Just....wow

I do think anyone pregnant or having treatment for an illness should be upfront.

Just because someone wants to “have it all” doesn’t mean it should impact others.

A previous poster stated that she had been campaigning for over a year, I corrected them.

So she went from not being in politics to leader of the party to prime minister in 3 months? That's impressive.

She went from a no one to leader of her party to PM in 3 months yes.

If the newly elected PM was a male whose wife was 3 weeks pregnant when he was elected would we be upset that he had not notified the country about the pregnancy immediately?

Again-men don’t carry babies. His wife is not elected or have any responsibilities to the role.

Who are you trying to kid? She has been involved in politics since 2001 and was elected as a MP in 2008. Hardly an unknown politician.

Not kidding anyone. Unless you followed her parties politics closely you would have never heard of her Until August. She was not a household name at all.

I just want to point out that a pregnancy is neither an illness or disease, in and of itself.

We are all entitled to our opinions but I am glad that for generations my family encouraged all the members of their offspring to be their best and not feel they should be hindered by their sex.

I do think anyone pregnant or having treatment for an illness should be upfront.

Just because someone wants to “have it all” doesn’t mean it should impact others.

A previous poster stated that she had been campaigning for over a year, I corrected them.

She went from a no one to leader of her party to PM in 3 months yes.

Again-men don’t carry babies. His wife is not elected or have any responsibilities to the role.

How exactly is her pregnancy affecting anyone but herself and her partner?

I love this quote by Jacinda Ardern.

“It is totally unacceptable in 2017 to say that women should have to answer that question in the workplace. It is unacceptable, it is unacceptable. It is a women’s decision about when they choose to have children, and it should not predetermine whether or not they are given a job or have job opportunities.”

I think it's really cool that her partner is going to be a stay at home dad. I was a senior employee at my company when I became pregnant (quite deliberately) with twins (that part not so deliberate). I ended up taking nearly a year off in total, and resumed my duties. Even while out, I was actively involved in the major decisions affecting my department because (gasp) my brain didn't cease to work while my uterus was busy. Women do this ALL.THE.TIME with no problems at all. Fortunately, my company was not archaic in it's thought process. Looks like most people in New Zealand aren't either. No surprise at all.

Would you please give us some links to articles that detail how her pregnancy is impacting others?

Thanks

Not kidding anyone. Unless you followed her parties politics closely you would have never heard of her Until August. She was not a household name at all.

Really? You must have been quite oblivious to any news or media! She was definitely a household name prior to Andrew Little stepping down, she’s been working her way through politics for many years now.

I do think anyone pregnant or having treatment for an illness should be upfront
Pregnancy, in and of itself, is. not. an. illness. and should not be equated with illness

According to The Guardian, "Ardern said her pregnancy had been confirmed on 13 October". So, after the election and after the coaltion talks.
when I became pregnant (quite deliberately) with twins (that part not so deliberate).
I

Oh, admit it. You figured out a way to 'force' twins ;)

According to The Guardian, "Ardern said her pregnancy had been confirmed on 13 October". So, after the election and after the coaltion talks.

Actually, just to nitpick, the coalition talks weren’t finished until 19 October, when the decision was made to form a Labour govt. It was quite a lengthy process!

Regardless, still makes no difference to Jacinda keeping the news private at that stage, which she had every right to do. :)

Her supposed obligation to notify everyone at the moment of conception has me laughing. I didn't notify family members until I was 4+ months, and by the time I made the Facebook announcement my DS was 3 months old. :laughing: I'm guessing I'd get around to telling my constituents about the same time he was graduating high school.

I see no problem with the Prime Minister being pregnant, don't see it interfering with her duties. She could have been a better role model to young girls of her country but being un-wed takes away from that. If indeed she is.
Yes, our young girls should know they can grow up to be strong women, they can be mothers, and they can lead countries..... so long as they're legally bound to a man. :rolleyes:

October 13 was six days before NZ First leader, now the Deputy Prime Minister, Winston Peters announced he would choose Labour to lead the country for the next three years.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter