Pregnant Prime Minister

Actually, it would be congressperson, not Congressperson. You only capitalize when you are referring to a specific person and their title, i.e. Congressman John Doe. And, while a Senator is a member of Congress and technically a congressman/person, you NEVER refer to them as such.

I interned for my congressman for a year and a half and spent 10 years lobbying members of Congress.

I'm actually shocked your "congressman's" office had you refer to him as such. I interned in a members office and am friends with lobbyists and we are all very cognizant of using "member of Congress" or "Representative", but never congressman (and I have literally never heard anyone use the term Congressperson). Representatives don't have an honorific, so they are just Mr or Mrs So-and-so, not Congressmen So-and-so or Congresswoman So-and-so when addressing them directly. (Unlike Senators, who you would call Senator So-and-so)

I'm actually shocked your "congressman's" office had you refer to him as such. I interned in a members office and am friends with lobbyists and we are all very cognizant of using "member of Congress" or "Representative", but never congressman (and I have literally never heard anyone use the term Congressperson). Representatives don't have an honorific, so they are just Mr or Mrs So-and-so, not Congressmen So-and-so or Congresswoman So-and-so when addressing them directly. (Unlike Senators, who you would call Senator So-and-so)

I never said I referred to him as such. I referred to him as Mr. Dwyer, actually. Congressman is not an honorific, but you will see it used in print as Congressman XXX (hence my reference to capitalization).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter