Premier Vacation Homes

Kayanee

Earning My Ears
I hope this is the right forum to post this is. And I want to say is that when I booked a Premier Vacation Home this past July I couldn't have been happier with the accomodations. Very nice, very spacious, very clean. But a word of warning about the phone service. When you arrive at your vacation home, there is a note by the phone that you must sign up with the phone service and use a credit card, if you wish to have a working phone line. I did, since we had brought along our laptop with internet access. I activated the phone service and dialed into a free internet provider with a LOCAL Orlando access number......Imagine my SHOCK and DISBELIEF when I received a $79.89 charge on my credit card for making local calls. They charge you almost $1.33 PER MINUTE for every call you make...The company that Premier Vacation Homes used is called "LIKE HOME DIAL". Nowhere on the sign up sheet, or in the instructions from Premier, does it tell you they are going to rip you off at $1.33 per minute for local calls. I guess it was my stupidity to have thought otherwise. Just a friendly word of warning to anyone thinking of using this service, I learned the lesson the hard way.

Wow, Kayanee, great warning.

It's worse than the 75 cents some hotels charge!

I think you should write a letter to Premier Home and explain that no info was left regarding the phone rates. Thanks for the warning.

I am a rental home-owner and I'm appalled at this. Our friends who own a rental home used Premier as their management company until recently and I can assure you they weren't aware of such charges being made, nor did they profit in any way from phone calls made from the house. In fact we home-owners pay for the phone line, then the management company makes a profit off it!

Our phone is always activated for local calls (free), and long distance calls may be made with a credit card. I usually advise guests to buy a calling card before arriving though to save money.

BTW I just noticed you Robin! Rest assured this doesn't happen at our house!!

I agree you should write to Premier asap.

Joy

Never thought it for a second, Joy! Besides, since paying $21 for a 3 minute call to my parents on my first trip to Orlando, I've always come bearing calling cards! :D

You're correct guys! I will write to Premier....I don't want this to reflect badly upon Premier themselves, as everything else was totally satisfactory. I don't know if the houses vary from one to another as far as phone charges are concerned, but I think whomever profited by charging that kind of money per minute for local calls, should be really ashamed of themselves.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter