Preopening program at AKV....clarification please?

So once the pre-construction phase is over it will be okay to do all of these things?!?:lmao:
Yes, other than as prevented originally in the POS. As I read it to take away these rights bestowed by the original POS would require a vote of the members themselves.

This only applies to the pre-construction program and nothing else.

So, are we in the preconstruction program now? That is what I am wondering. Is the person trying to rent the AKV points on the rent/trade board going against regulations?

How long is the preconstruction program, and when do we know when it is over? From the MBG, SSR, or at least a portion of it, is still in the preconstruction program.

Well, I found the most current Member guide on the website. Reading this on page 14 leads me to believe even more that this isn't just different rules until the resort is fully open in spring 2009. Does anyone think they'll be competing with the general public with reserving accommodations? And they're going to be collecting dues, but can legally blockout the holidays in 2008 at AKV so no one can book there?

"DVD reserves the right, in its sole discretion and without the consent of any DVC Member or Guest, to impose blockout periods for any time period(s) at any or all Preconstruction Resort(s). Reservations may not be made for the dates included in the blockout period(s). DVC Members will compete with the general public in seeking and reserving accommodations in the Preconstruction Resort(s). DVC Members may reserve accommodations on a first-come, firstserved basis and subject to availability. Please refer to the applicable PreOpening Points chart above."

Then if you look at the Preopening Program points chart, they blockout most of the Magic Season with most of the major holidays.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter