Pretty sad, Yachtsman. No, actually deceptive.

Here’s a copy of a post-COVID menu. Note that you could choose one accompaniment such as fries, potatoes, etc.
P.s. this is actually the menu from when yachtsman first reopened post-COVID.

Attachments

• 476DEA93-937D-4DC4-B0ED-ACD6E242C44A.jpeg
    476DEA93-937D-4DC4-B0ED-ACD6E242C44A.jpeg
    65.1 KB · Views: 33
Nope. Just included a picture of the menu from reopening.
IMG_4020.jpeg

And here’s a picture of my actual dinner from last September, including one very lonely ribeye sitting on an otherwise empty plate (mashed potatoes purchased separately, as were the truffle mac and cheese and roasted mushrooms).

Last edited:

IMG_7047.jpeg

Again, but with the metadata in case there’s some doubt as to when the picture was taken. Clearly in September, and clearly without a side or garnish or accompaniment of any kind. I don't know where that info on "mouse for Less" came from, but it sure isn't what was actually on the menu in September of last year.

Last edited:
Don’t know what happened with your dinner but you can read reviews or watch video after video of the post-COVID time period and while they usually served the potatoes or gratin a separate dish, they did not charge for the potatoes. It was included in the 50ish price of each steak along with a butter or sauce. The menu picture is not from the mouse or less

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...ning-of-yachtsman-steakhouse-in-disney-world/

Don’t know what happened with your dinner but you can read reviews or watch video after video of the post-COVID time period and while they usually served the potatoes or gratin a separate dish, they did not charge for the potatoes. It was included in the 50ish price of each steak along with a butter or sauce. The menu picture is not from the mouse or less

https://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2021...ning-of-yachtsman-steakhouse-in-disney-world/
I don't know what to tell you. You keep referencing web sites and third party reviews from 2021. It's 2023 now, and the menu's list of accompaniments does not include mashed potatoes, mac and cheese, or anything else that is listed separately under "sides", and that is the point. I was there and had to pay for sides last year, just like the OP, who was there this year. Nothing "happened" to my dinner, just like nothing "happened" to the OP's. That's not to say they may have misunderstood and there's nothing wrong with that, but the restaurant isn't being "pretty sad" or "deceptive".

I however, didn't find it surprising as literally every decent steakhouse has a fully a la carte menu and sides are always purchased separately (and a $50 steak is not exactly pushing the upper limits either, so it's not a matter of price).

Well maybe it wasn’t you, but there was a previous post that stated that Yachtsman never included anything on the side which wasn’t accurate and perhaps lead to OP confusion or disappointment.

I agree that it is pretty common for high-end steakhouses not to include anything and sides are a la carte. That’s why I always found Disney’s “high-end” steakhouses such as Yachtsman or Le Ceiler unique or a “bargain” compared to other ones.

I was disagreeing with a previous poster who said sides there had never been included. You also stated that it had been that way since 2021 when they reopened. So that’s why I was pointing out those articles. Those two statements were not 100% accurate. Since then there have obviously been menu changes.

Another review, pic of menu and description of their entree with one accompaniment included
We ate there Labor Day Weekend of 2021 and I can confirm it came with one accompaniment. I know this because I ordered fries with mine but we also ordered way too many other sides.....

IMG_2178.jpg Screenshot 2023-05-10 at 7.36.02 PM.png

I was disagreeing with a previous poster who said sides there had never been included. You also stated that it had been that way since 2021 when they reopened. So that’s why I was pointing out those articles. Those two statements were not 100% accurate. Since then there have obviously been menu changes.
Ok, you got me there. I said since reopening because it reopened in August or September of 2021, and we ate there in March 2022 with no sides, so I was a few months off.

According to “third-party” websites that track these changes with Disney menus, food, etc. This recent menu change where they took off all the potato “accompaniments” and put them as a la carte sides along with the previously available sides occurred in February of 2023.

It’s silly to argue. I just like to litigate. We’ll just break bread over pull-apart onion rolls to end things. ;)
Litigation is fine, as long as one doesn't rely upon post hoc ergo propter hoc arguments ;) . As I was, myself, guilty of a hasty generalization, breaking bread seems a reasonable resolution (I hate onion rolls).

Litigation is fine, as long as one doesn't rely upon post hoc ergo propter hoc arguments ;) . As I was, myself, guilty of a hasty generalization, breaking bread seems a reasonable resolution (I hate onion rolls).
My arguments are sound. I’m a good researcher.
Can we settle on sourdough? 😀

But more recently than that they were included. There were 3 or 4 (mostly) potato-type sides. Just watch recent videos. Some of the things listed now in steakhouse sides such as the fries or mashed potatoes were listed as one of the accompaniments you could choose and then there were additional sides such as the truffle Mac n cheese, jumbo asparagus that were extra.
Correct. My husband and I ate there in 3/22 and he got au gratin potatoes with his steak and I got mashed with mine. We ordered a vegetable (creamed spinach?) to accompany our meals. I agree with the OP, if I saw "fingerling potatoes" I would of thought that was a side, not one or two little potatoes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter