• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Private meeting with characters

J. Galt

<font color=peach>Singin' the thread-killin' <font
Where can I find information regarding setting up private meetings with characters? I understand that this probably costs big bucks, but my parents want to know exactly how many $'s it might entail. In addition, I understand that there is some place at DD you can get your picture taken with Mickey. Is Mickey really there, or do you just get super-imposed on an existing picture of Mickey?

Thanks for any help you can provide!

I don't know anything about private meetings with the characters, but in DTD, the pictures with Mickey really are. You go into a studio (just your family, photographer, and Mickey!!) and have it done. My 6-month-old at the time was complete taken by Mickey's nose. Between every picture, Mickey got down next to me (ds was on my lap) and entertained him - it was wonderful!!

I don't know for sure how you go about setting up private character meetings but I know general prices from what is quoted for Disney weddings. For a Disney wedding, you pay $550 for 30 minutes with 1 character. For each additional character, it is another $300 for that same 30 minutes. So, for example if you had Mickey and Minnie for a 30 minute meeting, it would cost $850.

Pretty steep for my pocketbook but maybe others would be fine with the cost.

Have a great trip!

Thanks for the responses everyone. When I mentioned the potential $850 price tag to my mom (because we would want Mickey and maybe Buzz), she became less interested in the idea (go figure;) ). Sounds like the picture with Mickey at DD is a much more economical choice. Do I need to make any sort of reservation or other arrangements for this, or can I just show up with my family and have the picture taken?

When I was there in July, we just showed up and waited in line.

SmilingMouse

Thanks everyone. Looking forward to meeting the big guy in person (even if it is only for a couple of minutes).

Have you checked into character meals at all? Just curious, we've always enjoyed them and the character interaction is great. They will spend at least a few minutes at your table and there are usually 4-5 characters at each meal. Plenty of time for autographs, pictures and goofing around with the kids....all for the price of a nice relaxing sit down meal.

Have fun!

I was gonna say go with a character meal, as well.

We went to WDW last august, just the 4 of us, and we went to a character meal, with pooh I believe. It was fun.

This January we're going again, but this time with 10 people! 4 of which are under 10 so we're doing 3 character meals.

Though my dad doesn't find it at all to exciting, he would rather do the princess one because 'at least he'd have some girls to look at'

*rolls eyes* Males.

Oh, we already have three character meals planned (Breakfastosaurus, CP and Cape May). My parents are taking the whole family on this trip and I think they want it to be extra special for my two nephews. The two year old is really into Mickey, so the picture at DD will be his highlight. The four year old is really into Buzz. Unless the rumors of a Toy Story breakfast come into being, we'll just have to try our luck for a meeting with Buzz at MGM.

Remember, too, that at the MK in Mickey's tent you will see him with your group alone--at least we did. You see most of the characters there semi-privately.

I was just going to say the same things as campingcorgi. Go to the tent in MK, I took my 3 year old 2 times this past Aug and had more than enough time for pics and hugs and stuff. We didn't really feel rushed plus they take your picture and you can just pick them up later.

The tents in toontown have most of the characters to meet. It takes a little time standing in line depending on the time you go but at least the kids get to meet their favorite character.

We enjoy the character meals also, but unfortunately I am trying to get the good pics and video and trying to eat at the same time. I have found that if you really enjoy chip and dale that the Cape May breakfast buffet has THE BEST interaction. Chip and Dale spent so much time at our table I was ready to ask them to leave, we couldn't even eat. I was just watching our vaction video and there is over 30 mins with Chip and Dale at our table. They just kept coming back and our table was tucked back way in the corner.

I didn't know about the tents in MK. Are they all in Toontown? Where are others located? What characters make appearances? Tell me more!

We love character meetings too! Our kids are young, so that's the main attraction right now. We seem to do about 6 character meals each trip. We have always had excellent character interaction. The characters make us feel like we do have them all to ourselves. They stay a long time for pictures, playing, autographs ~ even sometimes sitting with us! One of the best character meals was when ds was 15 months old. He always loved characters, but not right in his face. At Chef Mickeys Breakfast, ds was eating a muffin. Chip and Dale were around. Chip came over and stood behind ds and started stroking ds's hair. ds didn't really pay much attention. Chip stayed a really long time. Finally ds turned around and gave Chip the biggest hug! Same meal, Minnie came over and started flirting with ds, she got on her knees and he kept kissing her nose over and over. Our home video is amazing. I must have 100 stories like this. Ice Cream Social is another great character gathering. We got ALL the characters together at our table! The character tents in Toontown is great. We have always gotten Mickey Mouse to ourselves for 5 to 10 minutes. Great pix and video! Goofy always takes our camera and tries to take pix of us! Our character meetings were priceless. If you truly want 30 minutes @ $550 when you must do that. But it doesn't need to be done because the characters are awesome! OH YEAH! Pluto sat with us at Donalds Breakfastosaurus and fed ds while I ate. Dh doesn't do that LOL! S

The tent is in Toon Town right next to Micky's and Minnie's houses. Also, your child will be able to see Buzz, though not the real thing, in Buzz Lightyear's ride in Magic Kingdom. No; it is not a real Buzz, but it is a pretty "real looking" statue. That may do if you aren't able to catch the real guy somewhere in the park. Also, if you get to the parks before the gates open there are generally characters all out by the gates. On our trip last year, the last week of November, we saw more characters at the entrance of AK than at any other park!!!! My girls were thrilled!

Buzz, Woody, Jessie and Bullseye are are MGM! They are big hits with my kids! S

We went to Dowtown Disney last Sat (9-28) and had the Mickey and Me package done. For $29.95 you get an 8X10, 5X7, and 4 wallets. We got $5 off b/c we have AP's. The pictures are great :D We went first thing in the morning and there was no wait at all.

I love these boards... everyone is so full of knowledge. One more question about the Toon Town tents. Do I need to hit these first thing in the morning, or are there characters there all day?

They are there all day. Last couple times we've been, Toontown opens one hour after the park opens and I think it might close an hour early sometimes.

The characters are there all day. There are three rooms with three characters each plus Mickey is in a separate building. So that's 10 characters!

Last April, there were about 10-12 characters walking around doing the picture and autograph thing beside the train station in Toontown. So that's over 20 characters we saw at Toontown! The group that roamed around the train station included; Pinochino, Queen of Hearts, Baloo, Gideon, White Rabbit and way way more! S

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter