Problematic Airlines

Humpbacks1962

Humpbacks1962 on Pinpics
Have you noticed a trend in any particular airline when it comes to changing schedules on you?

On several occasions, booking through USAirways has been unpredictable. I buy the nicest flight, leaving early in the morning, the way I like it. But as the day of the flight approaches, the time difference is dramatic! They even break up non stop flights, extending your travel time even more. I notice that many travel packages fly you with USAir.

I have not seen such problems as frequently with Delta Express.

What has been your experience when it comes to this? What airlines are more reliable and keep their original schedules?

Wanda

And I thought that NorthWorst was bad, I mean NorthWest...That's what we call them in Michigan..Don't know why. Maybe something to due to the fact that they go on strike every other month or so.
Chatty

Saved money but I don't know if it was worth the hour and a half delay on our flight down or the two and a half hour delay in Atlanta. The limo driver kept calling AirTran only to be told each time that the flight was just out of Orlando. With 4 kids ranging in age from 6 to 13 it was really rough. They did not have enough seating in the airport either. Southwest has been having great anniversary rates for everywhere but Orlando. Keeping our fingers crossed that something may come along.

We flew Continental out of Boston in Feb., and they were great. We had to make a connection in Newark, and I worried like a son of a gun that we'd have bad weather or just airline delays, but we left BOS a little early and had plenty of time to make our connection. The same was true on the trip home.

At the beginning of this month, we sent two of our boys and a friend to FL for H.S. grad., and got round trip from BOS to MCO for $93.50 with USAir. I had some concerns because of negative comments I'd seen here, but the boys left BOS a few minutes early, had a smooth flight, etc. Coming home, there was an hour and a half delay 'due to mechanical problems', and because the boys had already checked out of the VWL, USAir wasn't able to notify them until they arrived for check-in. However, for some reason, the counter person gave them vouchers to pay for their dinner, so they ate at Chili's on USAir and by the time they had finished their meal it was time to leave.

I think you'll hear good and bad about every airline. We're flying American in July, and I'm holding my breath. They're dealing with the possibility of a strike (again), so you never know......

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter