Professional Internship - Fall 2011

hold the phone... if you get rejected from all the PIs you applied for, you're eligible to apply for FT/PT positions on the website? i've been on the disney jobs site and the "apply now" button has never been up (because it's been less than 6 mo since applying for the PIs). so there's a chance i could apply to work at disney anyways?

I don't know really. Hahaha, I mean, I've applied for a bunch but for all I know they throw my application out. A friend of mine who works in cast recognition told me to apply for some since being rejected from all the internships. I have been able to apply though...

And I've now officially been rejected from every internship... DCP Merch here I come =P

So seeking some help from the fine folks on the board. I applied for 13 PI's and received rejection letters from all but 2. I had a general first interview about a month ago for one of the 2 remaining, but was told it might be used for multiple positions, and they would get back to me by May.

So my questions are....
1. Is this standard practice?
2. Am I still in the running until denied?
3. Is anyone else freaking out?

So seeking some help from the fine folks on the board. I applied for 13 PI's and received rejection letters from all but 2. I had a general first interview about a month ago for one of the 2 remaining, but was told it might be used for multiple positions, and they would get back to me by May.

So my questions are....

1. Yes, they should've asked you in your interview to rank your preference
2. No news is good news around here, so unless you hear from them saying "thanks, but no thanks" you are still in the running
3. I'm freaking out every second, I'm still waiting to hear back on 2 PIs and I jump every time my phone makes a noise.

Hopefully we all hear good news soon! Sending pixie dust to everyone!!:wizard:

So my questions are....

1. I would say yes this is general practice. Many of us still haven't heard anything about any of the alumni PI's. Did you apply for any alumni only? and Yes I am still freaking out too! I can't wait to hear back. Good luck!!!

Hello All!

Does anyone know how the mileage reimbursement for Management internships works?

I don't know really. Hahaha, I mean, I've applied for a bunch but for all I know they throw my application out. A friend of mine who works in cast recognition told me to apply for some since being rejected from all the internships. I have been able to apply though...

And I've now officially been rejected from every internship... DCP Merch here I come =P

So she was correct about only 1 Production Assistant, bummer. Have fun with the DCP - there's always next semester for the PI's!
;)

Hi KeeganOH,

I read your post about not hearing anything back since we sent in our transcript. I'm in the same position you're in. I applied for the fin/acc internship as well, had my first interview sent in my transcript, then after than nothing, nada back.
Did you already have your 2nd interview?
I'm so worry, it looks like everybody applied for this one already had their 2nd and some already got accepted.
I just called the office, and sadly, no help/answer. :( .

Hey guys, just wondering how everyone else's process went. I haven't been accept (or denied for that matter) yet. I applied for the position in the beginning of February and received an email soon after. I had a phone interview just before spring break, and although they said I would be notified of the next step by May 1st, I was contacted about a week later from a lady in the Orlando office asking for my transcript. I sent a follow up email about a week ago, only to find out that she is on vacation. Have any of you been through a similar process? If you have been accepted to the Orlando office, what other steps did they make you take.

I'm in the same position as you're in.

Hi everyone! Just found this board and wanted to say Congrats to everyone who's gotten job offers so far!

I applied to the Planner and Consultant PI with DFTW. I got rejected from the Consultant position (no surprise since I don't have a lot of experience with sales and they twice asked me which one I would prefer to get and I said planner). It seems like no one has really heard back from the weddings department though.

Reading these posts made me even more nervous - it seems like everyone applied for so many positions and I only applied for the two. With just one left to go I'm regretting not trying for more!! Can't wait to hear from DFTW either way so I can stop sitting on pins and needles.

Just got the phone call!!! I'll be doing the catering and convention services PI!!! Anybody else get an offer for this department?

1. I would say yes this is general practice. Many of us still haven't heard anything about any of the alumni PI's. Did you apply for any alumni only? and Yes I am still freaking out too! I can't wait to hear back. Good luck!!!

How can I tell if a position I applied for is Alumni only?

I hate to say I am losing hope but I have not heard anything back on the alumni event planning positions. Has anyone else?

hey savannah! don't worry- most of the alum spots haven't gone out yet. it appears from past years that people don't hear anything for a month or more after their interview and then one day get a magical phone call :)

if you haven't already, join the facebook group! It's called Disney Professional Internships - Fall 2011. (original name, of course)

I'm totally in the same boat as you- but with Guest Relations :)

I know they are done with the interviews for the Disney Institute Facilitator Assistant PI, now I am just waiting. I know that I don't feel any differently from anyone else, but when I think about the possibility of rejection it makes me sick to my stomach. I am jumping every time the phone rings and dreading opening my e-mail. This is without a doubt my dream job for this point in my career. No matter what I will be living near Orlando and (hopefully) finding a position with Disney, but I know this one is perfect for me!

I know they are done with the interviews for the Disney Institute Facilitator Assistant PI, now I am just waiting. I know that I don't feel any differently from anyone else, but when I think about the possibility of rejection it makes me sick to my stomach. I am jumping every time the phone rings and dreading opening my e-mail. This is without a doubt my dream job for this point in my career. No matter what I will be living near Orlando and (hopefully) finding a position with Disney, but I know this one is perfect for me!

Thankfully, we will soon know and the waiting will be over! Regardless of who gets the position, it was great chatting with you through Facebook and the Discussion Board.

:grouphug:

Thankfully, we will soon know and the waiting will be over! Regardless of who gets the position, it was great chatting with you through Facebook and the Discussion Board.

:grouphug:

You too!

I am just ready for the wait to be over, one way or another!

i've been lurking on here for a while but didn't want to jinx it by posting something. :thumbsup2

anyway, today, i was offered one of two intern positions in the Disney Youth Sales department!!!! :yay::cool1::lmao::goodvibes:rotfl::worship: it is an API and i had a second interview exactly a week ago today. i am SUPER excited and can't wait to start June 23rd!!! lots of pixie dust to everyone who is still waiting to hear back!!:wizard: good luck and stay positive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter