Professional Internship - Fall 2011

Molly I work at DAK :) I'm still in GR as a PT CM, going to school for my MBA FT now.

It was my dream, too! and it was the best working experience I've had. I found out in late March I believe (which I know seems forever away now :-/)

I am not sure how they decide, to be totally honest. I think interview is the most important.... your resume is only as good as you sell it to be, and GR is all about people skills. Resume is definitely important too, though. Most of the interns that I know had some previous guest service experience and/or reservation or ticketing experience of some kind. BUT there are definitely interns that had neither of those things, so don't freak out if your resume is different. Just saying those are good things to highlight if you do have some relevant experience in those areas.

Did you already interview?

Hey there! I worked in DAK (Dinorama Attractions) this past fall for my CP! I might have seen you some day, and we didn't even know it!

I did have my interview- I think it went really well!

When they decide, do all the hiring managers get together and read resumes and listen to interviews then decide? I just wish I knew more about the decision process. I'm just stressing, because I really think this would be a great role for me, and I hate the waiting game :)

Thanks!
Magically,
Molly

Hey there! I worked in DAK (Dinorama Attractions) this past fall for my CP! I might have seen you some day, and we didn't even know it!

I did have my interview- I think it went really well!

When they decide, do all the hiring managers get together and read resumes and listen to interviews then decide? I just wish I knew more about the decision process. I'm just stressing, because I really think this would be a great role for me, and I hate the waiting game :)

Thanks!
Magically,
Molly

You worked in Dinoland? I've worked in Dinoland since May 2008! I've been seasonal since May 2009, but I only work Dinosaur now (I used to be trained everywhere). Small world!

Got an email today from the Fairy Tale Weddings. I'm no longer being considered for the wedding planner position....big blow.

I'm really sorry!! Did you apply for any other roles?

Thankfully, yes. It is just a bummer since it was my first choice and I have been waiting 6 years to apply for it. I understand how I wouldn't be best qualified for it, though. No event planning or catering experience at all.

Thankfully, yes. It is just a bummer since it was my first choice and I have been waiting 6 years to apply for it. I understand how I wouldn't be best qualified for it, though. No event planning or catering experience at all.

Well I am sorry...but good you still have roles you are up for :) What other roles are you up for? Have you done the CP already as well? Pixie Dust on the other roles!!!

Finally got an email this morning about scheduling my screening interview!!! I woke up to the email on my Blackberry and wasn't able to see the title, so I was scared for a bit thinking it might have been a rejection.

But I'm so excited! Interview in Sunday at 5:30pm... which gives me this afternoon, tomorrow and Saturday to practice!

If you don't mind me asking, what's your major and what prior experience do you have? Are you a junior or a senior? If you still have more opportunities to apply I'd love to suggest some ideas that would make you a better candidate for the wedding planning internship =D

Well I am sorry...but good you still have roles you are up for :) What other roles are you up for? Have you done the CP already as well? Pixie Dust on the other roles!!!

Thank you! I have done the CP in the fall of 2009. It was great : ) I applied for the Disney wedding Consultant, Fairy Tale weddings and honeymoons social media and marketing, and Disney Cruise Line Marketing! What did you?

If you don't mind me asking, what's your major and what prior experience do you have? Are you a junior or a senior? If you still have more opportunities to apply I'd love to suggest some ideas that would make you a better candidate for the wedding planning internship =D

I don't mind you asking at all! In fact, thank you for your interest in helping me. You are very kind. I am a senior, but am going to be in the college program this fall if no PIs accept me, so I should have at least one other chance to go for it. Also, It is my dream so I have no intention of giving up after one denial! My major is Journalism -Professional Strategic communication Track. The only prior experience I have is mainly in marketing. I have designed and implemented 2 campaigns for local companies, and have designed a product to assist companies in using social media. I am a volleyball coach at the University of MN and also manage the Varsity team. I have a bit of hospitality experience since in my CP I worked cabanas a bit. Thank you very much for your interest in helping me! Which ones are you applying for? Congrats on the interview! I am very Jealous.

I don't mind you asking at all! In fact, thank you for your interest in helping me. You are very kind. I am a senior, but am going to be in the college program this fall if no PIs accept me, so I should have at least one other chance to go for it. Also, It is my dream so I have no intention of giving up after one denial! My major is Journalism -Professional Strategic communication Track. The only prior experience I have is mainly in marketing. I have designed and implemented 2 campaigns for local companies, and have designed a product to assist companies in using social media. I am a volleyball coach at the University of MN and also manage the Varsity team. I have a bit of hospitality experience since in my CP I worked cabanas a bit. Thank you very much for your interest in helping me! Which ones are you applying for? Congrats on the interview! I am very Jealous.

I sent you a PM =D

I'm with you CorEeyore, just got the no longer being considered e-mail for Wedding Planner today too. But life goes on, and we're still in the running for other ones!

I'm still up for Magic Kingdom Project Support, Park Event Operations, Catering and Conventions, and DMS-Event Planning. Just had my interview tonight, so now it's time to play the waiting game...

And congrats on the interview Woodskeeper! I just checked out your blog really quickly and it definitely looks like you'd be great for any of the FTW roles! Good luck! (Also I love your sn/signature. Just finished re-reading DH the other day :) )

I have my interview for the weddings PI's on Saturday! Wish me luck! =)

Woodskeeper, good luck with yours and awesome blog! I started one of those but didn't keep it up. =/

I thought I would just add to the conversation.... I did my professional internship with Park Event Opperations. If you have any questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

Good Luck Mikelo! So exciting with all these interviews!!! Which DFTW roles did you apply for? Thanks for reading the blog! It's been really fun designing and writing it, so I'm going to try really hard to keep it going!

J-Rat, thank you too! Good luck with your other pursuits! I have a friend who did something similar to park events and she really enjoyed it! How'd your interview go?

I thought I would just add to the conversation.... I did my professional internship with Park Event Opperations. If you have any questions, let me know and I will try to answer them.

Hi! My DD applied for Park Event Operations...did you enjoy it? What type of experience did you have on your resume before applying that you think help give you the "edge" to be chosen over everyone else? And also what sorts of things did you do in this role?

Thanks! Also what are you doing now...are you still working for Disney? Thanks for being willing to share your experience!

:)

Good Luck Mikelo! So exciting with all these interviews!!! Which DFTW roles did you apply for? Thanks for reading the blog! It's been really fun designing and writing it, so I'm going to try really hard to keep it going!

Thank you! I'm try very hard not to freak out. I applied to the consultant and planner ones. =) If you want to check out my old website, it's kimberlybuhay.com. Haha

Hey everyone! I applied for the fall 11 program the first day that they were posted and did my phone interview just a day after that! so now i have nothing to do but wait and i'm getting more impatient and nervous by the day! I did one program jan '07 thru aug and i can't WAIT to be back! Just looked up to see if there is a message board for everyone out there like me, and HOPING that we all start hearing some news soon! i know it's still a little early but its so hard to sit still! haha! hope I'm not the only one feeling this way!

Ibaw, ditto flea1267's questions. I would love to hear about how you liked the role and what your typical day looked like, as well as what you ended up doing after! Also did you have a second interview or did they hire you based off of just the first?

Woodskeeper, I thought the interview went well, I felt like I had good responses to everything she asked, but I guess you never really know until the offers start coming back! And it definitely felt short, but I guess it is just a screening interview.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter