Professional Internship - Fall 2011

Aaagh I have nothing to do until my interview in 2 weeks, and I just wish I could keep updated on it or something. Boooo waiting!

this makes me sad that people STILL have to do there interviews... cause that means that i have to wait even longer to know if i'm accepted or not! boo!

this makes me sad that people STILL have to do there interviews... cause that means that i have to wait even longer to know if i'm accepted or not! boo!

I completely understand! But applications are open until March 11... so there's still plenty of waiting unfortunately =(

Thank you! I'm try very hard not to freak out. I applied to the consultant and planner ones. =) If you want to check out my old website, it's kimberlybuhay.com. Haha

Wow, your website is really awesome! I love the DIY section! I'm such a sucker for DIY anything really =P

Good luck with everything! I applied for the same 2, so maybe we'll be working together if we get lucky? Now that would be cool =D

Wow, your website is really awesome! I love the DIY section! I'm such a sucker for DIY anything really =P

Good luck with everything! I applied for the same 2, so maybe we'll be working together if we get lucky? Now that would be cool =D

That would be pretty amazing... I read somewhere that they hire more than 1 for the planner! (I heard 3) I love your inspiration boards by the way, I feel like my website could use more posts like that! They look like fun! The wedding you planned also looks very pretty :thumbsup2

If you haven't ever visited http://www.stylemepretty.com/ you should check it out! It's a really great wedding blog, maybe it'll make your "Blogs to Follow" list, or one of your featured posts! :goodvibes

By the way, you've totally inspired me to keep going with my own website, I have events that I haven't posted yet and lots of ideas for posts!

OMG I LOVE Style Me Pretty! I can't believe I forgot them. Yay, now I don't have to go searching on Friday. Thanks for the idea!

I'm so glad I was an inspiration for you! Events blogs are so fun!

I had my interview last night and I think it went pretty well. I had a lot of fun with it at least, and I know I made the interviewer laugh, so at least it wasn't a dry interview :cutie:

She said we'd know by the beginning of May, which is sad because it's SO much time to wait, and now I'm dreading checking my email, because I've heard they call with good news and email with bad news... My roommate got an engineering internship a couple months ago and I remember when she got her offer call... I'm looking forward to a similar moment :lovestruc

OMG I LOVE Style Me Pretty! I can't believe I forgot them. Yay, now I don't have to go searching on Friday. Thanks for the idea!

I'm so glad I was an inspiration for you! Events blogs are so fun!

I had my interview last night and I think it went pretty well. I had a lot of fun with it at least, and I know I made the interviewer laugh, so at least it wasn't a dry interview :cutie:

She said we'd know by the beginning of May, which is sad because it's SO much time to wait, and now I'm dreading checking my email, because I've heard they call with good news and email with bad news... My roommate got an engineering internship a couple months ago and I remember when she got her offer call... I'm looking forward to a similar moment :lovestruc

I hope we both get the moment!!!!! AH! =) I forgot to ask her if there was a second round for interview in the Weddings department... did she happen to mention anything to you? Who did you interview with by the way?

I interviewed with Tricia. She just said that we could hear anytime between now and the beginning of May... hmmmm.... I wish I knew more about it though! Patience isn't an easy virtue...

Hi everyone!

So I've been a long time...lurker (gee that sounds awful)-of the DISboards, even before my College Program in Spring 2008 (Merchandise-Tomorrowland) :lovestruc

I have my PI initial interview schedueled for Thursday, March 2nd @ 9pm-and even though I've been through the CP interview-I have no idea what to expect (nervous...oh yeah).

Here are my 5 roles that I've applied for (in the hopeful order of awesomeness lol)
1. Service for Guests with Disabilities Coordinator
2. Guest Correspondence (my former roommate works here as FT after completing her Guest Relations PI-its wishful thinking but its worth a shot)
3. Magic Kingdom Project Support
4. Park Event Operations Assistant
5. Casting Employment Coordinator

My degree is (will be as of March 7th) in Business and Communications, and every single job-up to my current one has revolved around customer service in one way or another. I'm currently an Administrative Assistant-trying to figure out how this crazy business world works. I live a quick 3-4 hour drive south of Orlando (Miami, FL).

Any words of wisdom or advice would be greeeeeaaattttllllyyy appreciated and welcomed.

Good luck to everyone! :thumbsup2

Hi everyone!

So I've been a long time...lurker (gee that sounds awful)-of the DISboards, even before my College Program in Spring 2008 (Merchandise-Tomorrowland) :lovestruc

I have my PI initial interview schedueled for Thursday, March 2nd @ 9pm-and even though I've been through the CP interview-I have no idea what to expect (nervous...oh yeah).

Here are my 5 roles that I've applied for (in the hopeful order of awesomeness lol)
2. Guest Correspondence (my former roommate works here as FT after completing her Guest Relations PI-its wishful thinking but its worth a shot)

My degree is (will be as of March 7th) in Business and Communications, and every single job-up to my current one has revolved around customer service in one way or another. I'm currently an Administrative Assistant-trying to figure out how this crazy business world works. I live a quick 3-4 hour drive south of Orlando (Miami, FL).

Any words of wisdom or advice would be greeeeeaaattttllllyyy appreciated and welcomed.

Pixie Dust coming your way AngiePants6 :) :wizard:

My DD did her CP in Fall of 2008 and Spring of 2009 she was a Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. She did her interview a couple of weeks ago....best advice is to research the roles you've applied for and be able to explain why you were be good for those roles and how the experience you have can quailify you for those roles. I can't remember are the roles you applied for all Alumni Roles?

Jennie, my DD also applied for - Park Event Operations Assistant
and -Casting Employment Coordinator.

Re: your friend who did a PI...how hard was it for her to get on Full Time after her PI was over with?

I wish you the best of luck..I hope all our "friends" on these boards get a PI...so many nice people on here!

Let us know know how it goes?!

oh and Angie..there is a Facebook group for PIs for Fall 2011 if you're interested....lots of great kids there too with lots of good advice...just search Disney Professional Internships Fall 2011

That's my dream job, right there. Where do I apply?

:) I will never forget when she got her assignment she was so upset!!! She was like my least favorite park and my least favorite attraction BUT man did that turn around!!! LOL She ended up LOVING her attraction!!!! She had the BEST fellow cast members, the best managers, the best coordinators - she misses DTR (Dinosaur The Ride) so much!!! She's still seasonal and goes back during Christmas break, Easter break and during the summer to see everyone...and now whenever she sees dinosaurs anywhere she's all like "Attention DTR!!!! Attention DTR!!!!" - I even bought her a dinosaur pillow for her bed at home :)

You should apply for attractions full time and request Dinosaur as your attraction. You would love Irene, Javi, John (he's from Scotland, Jennie loving calls him Tower John) and Tiffany! I saw an ad during Jennie's job search that Disney was hiring - let me see if I can find it and I'll PM you the link.

Pixie Dust coming your way AngiePants6 :) :wizard:

My DD did her CP in Fall of 2008 and Spring of 2009 she was a Dinosaur at Animal Kingdom. She did her interview a couple of weeks ago....best advice is to research the roles you've applied for and be able to explain why you were be good for those roles and how the experience you have can quailify you for those roles. I can't remember are the roles you applied for all Alumni Roles?

Jennie, my DD also applied for - Park Event Operations Assistant
and -Casting Employment Coordinator.

Re: your friend who did a PI...how hard was it for her to get on Full Time after her PI was over with?

I wish you the best of luck..I hope all our "friends" on these boards get a PI...so many nice people on here!

Let us know know how it goes?!

Thanks for the pixie dust...I brought lots of it back with me, but Miami just isn't the place for it.

My roommate is awesome (we have stayed very close friends since our program), she has a Master's Degree in Communications and did two back to back PIs (Guest Relations & Guest Correspondence) before landing this FT position (she's an CP alumni and was a Campus Rep)-she has Disney in her blood. She has dedicated herself immensly to trying to get a FT role, and thankfully things landed in her path. Networking and doing the best you can possibly be (and then some) were key elements in getting a FT role.

Thank you for the kind words Felicia.

Have a wonderful day!

Hi everyone!

Good luck!:cheer2:

The initial interview went by pretty fast! Make sure you know how you would rank your internships in the order of which ones you want more. I prepared a lot by thinking of lots of situationals and what each of my prior experiences has taught me. Just keep smiling :goodvibes because they can really hear whether you're smiling or not. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!

I'm really interested in the service for disabilities position... not that I applied for it, just that I'm interested in what that position does. For my program at school we had to take a Recreation for People with Disabilities class, and boy has that come into affect at my current internship! One of my fellow interns is visually impaired, and I LOVE working with him.

I wish you lots of luck, and keep us informed on how your interview goes! I'll be sending some pixie dust your way at 9PM tomorrow :tink:

Oh, and by the way:
:welcome:

mikela and woodskeeper...another DFTW PI hopeful here!! :goodvibes I just got the email to schedule my interview for social media...I'd love to hear any tips from you guys on how the interview went!

Also a general PI question for anybody: if you're a non-alumni applying for professional internships, there's no limit to how many you can apply for, is there?

Good luck!:cheer2:

The initial interview went by pretty fast! Make sure you know how you would rank your internships in the order of which ones you want more. I prepared a lot by thinking of lots of situationals and what each of my prior experiences has taught me. Just keep smiling :goodvibes because they can really hear whether you're smiling or not. I'm sure you'll do wonderfully!

I'm really interested in the service for disabilities position... not that I applied for it, just that I'm interested in what that position does. For my program at school we had to take a Recreation for People with Disabilities class, and boy has that come into affect at my current internship! One of my fellow interns is visually impaired, and I LOVE working with him.

I wish you lots of luck, and keep us informed on how your interview goes! I'll be sending some pixie dust your way at 9PM tomorrow :tink:

Oh, and by the way:
:welcome:

Aww thanks :hug:

I'm extremely interested in the service for disabilities position, in another life time-I was in Nursing school (and have a pretty stockpiled knowledge base) but above all that, my mother actually runs homes for the developmentally disabled, so I feed off all of her knowledge as well. I'm stoked...because it sounds like a fantastic (and fulfilling) role.

I remember my CP interview, I was giddy. My interviewer and I laughed together during my interview, and I was just being myself and giving the best me possible (especially when its through a phone call).

I've started to rank my PIs in order (because that's a reoccuring question that I've heard mentioned), and writing myself notes so I can reference back to them during the phone call.

I'll be sure to update everyone, I love everyone's excitement :thumbsup2

mikela and woodskeeper...another DFTW PI hopeful here!! I just got the email to schedule my interview for social media...I'd love to hear any tips from you guys on how the interview went!

Also a general PI question for anybody: if you're a non-alumni applying for professional internships, there's no limit to how many you can apply for, is there?

Good luck! Are you just applying for social media with DFTW or did you apply for planner or consultant as well? That's really awesome! It would be wonderful to have a DIS-staffed DFTW intern department :lovestruc

As far as advice, is it for your screening interview? If so, than just be yourself and smile the entire time! When they ask you why you want your particular choice then make sure you really emphasize past experience as well as your strong desire =D Make sure you remember the interviewer's name at the end as well so you can say "Thanks, so and so."

You can apply for as many internships as you want, but they'll only ask for your top 3... that's not to say you won't get any of the others, just that they'll ask for those. =D

Good luck!!!!

Greetings!

I just applied for a PI in the Creative Inc. department and I was wondering has anyone one else applied for this Internship before and what does the interview process entail. If anyone could give me some pointers... even general ones are great it would be appreciated.... Thanks

:) I will never forget when she got her assignment she was so upset!!! She was like my least favorite park and my least favorite attraction BUT man did that turn around!!! LOL She ended up LOVING her attraction!!!! She had the BEST fellow cast members, the best managers, the best coordinators - she misses DTR (Dinosaur The Ride) so much!!! She's still seasonal and goes back during Christmas break, Easter break and during the summer to see everyone...and now whenever she sees dinosaurs anywhere she's all like "Attention DTR!!!! Attention DTR!!!!" - I even bought her a dinosaur pillow for her bed at home :)

You should apply for attractions full time and request Dinosaur as your attraction. You would love Irene, Javi, John (he's from Scotland, Jennie loving calls him Tower John) and Tiffany! I saw an ad during Jennie's job search that Disney was hiring - let me see if I can find it and I'll PM you the link.

Ha, yeah, I know how to apply and stuff. I was just kind of making fun because you typoed and said she was "a dinosaur".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter