Proof of Time Request

sammykster

Mouseketeer
I have submitted a couple proof of time updates and I'm wondering if I'm even doing it right. I'm concerned about it getting rejected for stupid mistakes lol. Where it asks for race website - does everyone usually put the link to the full website or the race or just the results? Also - are they really picky about the name of the race? I see that on my recent one the results say a different race name (the more broad name) while the race was called something different. I would hate to do these races specifically for POT and have it get rejected and be in the back anyways! Thanks in advance.

I put the link that goes directly to my name and result, however I know some people put the link to the whole result list of people as their name is not clickable to it's own page. So, I would put the most direct link they have to where it says your name and result. I would put whatever the results say for the name of the race. You could always put in () the more specific name too I suppose.

I put the link that goes directly to my name and result, however I know some people put the link to the whole result list of people as their name is not clickable to it's own page. So, I would put the most direct link they have to where it says your name and result. I would put whatever the results say for the name of the race. You could always put in () the more specific name too I suppose.

Sounds perfect! That's exactly what I did so I will just leave as is. Thank you for your response. I think I'm over thinking everything now and worrying unnecessarily lol

I think you did it right...i just looked and just above the box it says "Race Results URL (web link) ".

The only problem is tha sometimes the actual result link is so long it may not fit in the disney field....i had that happen. Luckily i only needed a few characters and was able to fit it in without the 'http://' part

I have submitted a couple proof of time updates and I'm wondering if I'm even doing it right. I'm concerned about it getting rejected for stupid mistakes lol. Where it asks for race website - does everyone usually put the link to the full website or the race or just the results? Also - are they really picky about the name of the race? I see that on my recent one the results say a different race name (the more broad name) while the race was called something different. I would hate to do these races specifically for POT and have it get rejected and be in the back anyways! Thanks in advance.

I asked this to Rundisney and this is what they emailed back.

Thank you for contacting us. For race results, the verification team is requesting the link to the race results, such as www.hothchocolate.com/denver/results/ This is a sample link, but what the verification is seeking is the race management's website where they post the results for that race where your results are located.

Thank you,
runDisney

So for Disneyland half I put in the event website link to where you would find a link to results... It did not go to the timing company site where my results were. I was placed in the correct corral for what it's worth.

I asked this to Rundisney and this is what they emailed back.

Thank you for contacting us. For race results, the verification team is requesting the link to the race results, such as www.hothchocolate.com/denver/results/ This is a sample link, but what the verification is seeking is the race management's website where they post the results for that race where your results are located.

Thank you,
runDisney

So for Disneyland half I put in the event website link to where you would find a link to results... It did not go to the timing company site where my results were. I was placed in the correct corral for what it's worth.

Thank you so much for this!!! I asked a similar question on another thread but your comments exactly speak to my concern. I could not find a way to offer a url that went directly to my results from my POT race, so I put the url for the race website and results tab. This left me very anxious but seeing how Run Disnet responded to you makes me feel better. Thank you! :)

Yeah I had wondered this too! I submitted my time for the first time and could only get the results page and it wouldn't link my specific results. I think were good! Knock on wood, ha ha.

Uh-oh. I don't remember being asked for results, only the race website. I hope I did this right, cause it will really suck to be in the general corral. Anybody know if there's a way to check if you're proof of time was accepted?

Uh-oh. I don't remember being asked for results, only the race website. I hope I did this right, cause it will really suck to be in the general corral. Anybody know if there's a way to check if you're proof of time was accepted?

From my experience, once you submit a POT a page comes up asking your to print it for your records. I find that part interesting being that RD has several statements saying corral changes will not be made at the expo. My understanding is that you will only find out your corral placement a few weeks in advance, at best, of which corral you will be in. So, you will only find out if your time has been accepted, when it is to late to do anything about it anyway. So, to answer your question, I do not think you will find out to much later. If your submitted time is not accepted and you have proof you submitted a race time that meets the criteria maybe you could challenge them at some point to make a correction. I think they would be more willing to do that if you happened to be placed in the last corral and have proof of running a sub 4 hour marathon time or better. Being in the last corral would be a nightmare in that scenario. Anyone else has any information on this, because I am curious as well.

Actually, got my bib number and corral assignment is correct. While I don't remember doing the proof of time correctly, I must have. I know for certain that I was never instructed to print the POT entry or confirmation. Just glad I won't be weaving my way to the front. Whew!

Actually, got my bib number and corral assignment is correct. While I don't remember doing the proof of time correctly, I must have. I know for certain that I was never instructed to print the POT entry or confirmation. Just glad I won't be weaving my way to the front. Whew!

Wait, are you saying you already know which corral and bib number you have for the 2016 marathon, or other races that weekend?

From my experience, once you submit a POT a page comes up asking your to print it for your records. I find that part interesting being that RD has several statements saying corral changes will not be made at the expo. My understanding is that you will only find out your corral placement a few weeks in advance, at best, of which corral you will be in. So, you will only find out if your time has been accepted, when it is to late to do anything about it anyway. So, to answer your question, I do not think you will find out to much later. If your submitted time is not accepted and you have proof you submitted a race time that meets the criteria maybe you could challenge them at some point to make a correction. I think they would be more willing to do that if you happened to be placed in the last corral and have proof of running a sub 4 hour marathon time or better. Being in the last corral would be a nightmare in that scenario. Anyone else has any information on this, because I am curious as well.
They were having problems with people claiming that their corrals were grossly off the mark from what their proof-of-time showed (as in...they thought someone went in at a later time and changed their proof of time - easy to do if you know someone's name and DOB). So people that should have been in Corrals A/B were way at the back. I think that is why they starting having the recommendation for people to print the pages out.

Now with the system they are using for the newer races, you have to log back into Active.com and change the proof there - meaning that any change you make is now password-protected. Great move on runDisney's part.

They were having problems with people claiming that their corrals were grossly off the mark from what their proof-of-time showed (as in...they thought someone went in at a later time and changed their proof of time - easy to do if you know someone's name and DOB). So people that should have been in Corrals A/B were way at the back. I think that is why they starting having the recommendation for people to print the pages out.

Now with the system they are using for the newer races, you have to log back into Active.com and change the proof there - meaning that any change you make is now password-protected. Great move on runDisney's part.

Now I am more confused than ever.. I just used the link on the RD site to update my POT before October 6. Is that the link to active? I did not have to use a PW to access it. When you say newer races, does that include the marathon weekend? I am very nervous now. Also, do you already know which corral you are in?

...RD has several statements saying corral changes will not be made at the expo. My understanding is that you will only find out your corral placement a few weeks in advance, at best, of which corral you will be in. So, you will only find out if your time has been accepted, when it is to late to do anything about it anyway.
No longer changing corrals at the expo I think speaks more to the issue of people who tried submitting a new proof -- real or not -- beyond the verification period. For those who do follow the correct process and an error is made by the runDisney team, I've heard anecdotes of them being more willing to make corrections between the time of corral announcements and the expo provided runners can show some evidence that the error was on runDisney's end.

You're correct about not knowing your bib number or corral placement until the few weeks ahead of the event; they don't even start building numbers and corrals until after the POT submission deadline, which then takes some time to verify and make assignments.

As far as your questions about numbers and corrals for Marathon Weekend, that shouldn't yet be available; I think the other posters are possibly talking about other upcoming races like Wine & Dine and Avengers. Both of those recently released the bib and corral information last week and this week.

Now I am more confused than ever.. I just used the link on the RD site to update my POT before October 6. Is that the link to active? I did not have to use a PW to access it. When you say newer races, does that include the marathon weekend? I am very nervous now. Also, do you already know which corral you are in?
No, that link that you're talking about is a TrackShack link.

By "newer" I guess I mean "more recent" races. So for Princess and Tink I'm still using the link as normal and putting in my name and DOB. But for people who have signed up for the Star Wars Dark Side races, for example, they don't have a link like that - now in the PoT section there's a link that takes them right to Active.com and they have to log into their account to update it that way. I think the Dark Side races may be the first race where they have had this new process.

I'm not sure which race weekend you are asking about with corrals. They just released them for Wine & Dine and Avengers but none of the other race weekends yet (as far as I know).

What's up with the active.com link? I used the Track Shack link for my POT for Marathon Weekend 2016. Hopefully I used the correct one!

Haha Update - Thanks @Ariel484

No, that link that you're talking about is a TrackShack link.

By "newer" I guess I mean "more recent" races. So for Princess and Tink I'm still using the link as normal and putting in my name and DOB. But for people who have signed up for the Star Wars Dark Side races, for example, they don't have a link like that - now in the PoT section there's a link that takes them right to Active.com and they have to log into their account to update it that way. I think the Dark Side races may be the first race where they have had this new process.

I'm not sure which race weekend you are asking about with corrals. They just released them for Wine & Dine and Avengers but none of the other race weekends yet (as far as I know).

I feel much better now. I am running the Marathon this January and based on what you are saying I did the correct things. I did not realize the other races just got their corral/bib info. Thanks for clearing things up!

Does anyone know if they actually verify every POT submission? I would guess they don't, but it's just a guess. It's hard to believe they'd want to pay people to sit around and click through tens of thousands of links to find the occasional cheater. I suspect they just spot check here and there, enough to discourage people from putting in bogus links. If that's so, then even if something went wrong in your POT link, you'd likely be OK anyway.

Anyway, if I was in charge of rundisney, I wouldn't pay people to click through every POT submission!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter