PTR: A Spring Fling on the Dark Side ...2 Muggles Celebrate in Diagon Alley!

Gina, if you get chance check out Peach Valley Café for breakfast.....it`s on Dr Phillips Blvd..........full of locals and the food is so fresh. Highly recommend it.

Glad you`re having such a lovely time and weather is playing nice too........Universal is fantastic for character meets aren't they :thumbsup2

Peach Valley is good. I also HIGHLY recommend First Watch. There's one on Sand Lake Road near Doctor Phillips Boulevard.

Sounds like you are having a blast Gina. We went late April/early May one year after a bunch of August trips too! And boy the weather difference was nice::yes::!
We're actually just starting to talk about going this time next year. We just bought a new vehicle so I don't think we'll be going any sooner than that.

I'm so glad (and just a little jealous;)) that you are having such a great time!

I really think we might be sold on coming around this time every year. Its just so pleasant. Nice and warm without being sticky hot. Steve has been heard on more than one occasion this week stating vehemently "after being here at this time of year, I vow never to return in August ever again!".

Famous last words :laughing: .

Ah isn't the weather fabulous when it's not the hot hot hot season.

Glad you're doing a full trip report too, I love your reports!

Thanks, ArwenMarie :goodvibes . Doing a trip report when I get home is a fun way to relive all the memories. I am always so grateful when a few Disfriends join in to read along!

Gina, if you get chance check out Peach Valley Café for breakfast.....it`s on Dr Phillips Blvd..........full of locals and the food is so fresh. Highly recommend it.

Glad you`re having such a lovely time and weather is playing nice too........Universal is fantastic for character meets aren't they :thumbsup2

Thanks for the recommendation....off to check it out now! If it doesn't work out for this particular vacation, then perhaps we can add it to the October itinerary.

Peach Valley is good. I also HIGHLY recommend First Watch. There's one on Sand Lake Road near Doctor Phillips Boulevard.

Thanks, nancipants ... that area is easy to get to from the Vistana ::yes:: . Definitely worth a look!

-------------

Today was super fun at Islands of Adventure. It seemed like there were lots of people milling about, but wait times were short. I dont think we waited more than 5-10 minutes for any ride.

Character-wise, we met Dr. Doom, Spiderman, the Green Goblin, Cat in the Hat, the Grinch, and another character (yellow body, white cat head....in Seuss Landing). We ate at 3 Broomsticks for lunch (really, really good!) and Red Robin for dinner.

Tomorrow we are doing Hash House a Go Go for breakfast, then riding the Orlando Eye and visiting the new Skeletons: Animals Unveiled attraction at the IDrive 360 complex. After two days of mogging around the park, it will be nice to have a break before returning to Universal Studios on Wednesday. We might try to do some shopping tomorrow too....hit up the outlets and see if we can pick up some good deals.

A little sad that its more than half over already!! :sad1:

ooh can't wait to hear about the Eye! We did the High Roller in Vegas last fall (they were running a rare deal of private capsule with own bar and bartender for a few dollars more-think it was $5 more? Usually much more). Was a lot of fun!

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the Eye too.......we are looking forward to going on this in September.........

Hope you had a great day......:)

Looking forward to hearing what you think of the Eye too.......we are looking forward to going on this in September.........

Hope you had a great day......:)

ooh can't wait to hear about the Eye! We did the High Roller in Vegas last fall (they were running a rare deal of private capsule with own bar and bartender for a few dollars more-think it was $5 more? Usually much more). Was a lot of fun!

Our ride on the Eye was fantastic! Great views, super smooth (no rocking at all....and it was a windy day), and despite the fact that I have a super terror of heights, I didn't feel uncomfortable or nervous even a little. I can't wait to take Jake and Sweetie back there in December!

Here's a little preview :) :

Last edited:
Wow! I am loving the TR preview -- so nice to hear about a trip going right! You are spoiling us -- PTR, DTR and TR!

Maria :upsidedow

Cool picture Gina........not a fan of heights either.....but will go on it in September. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and it didn't rock about in the wind........

Just thinking about the Eye makes me break out into a cold sweat! I'm SO scared of heights.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Gina...thank you for letting us know about the EYE. It will be on my list to do in December.

Wow! I am loving the TR preview -- so nice to hear about a trip going right! You are spoiling us -- PTR, DTR and TR!

Maria :upsidedow

:goodvibes

I can't wait to start my trip report....I have so many photos and experiences to share! Hopefully, I won't keep you waiting too long.

Cool picture Gina........not a fan of heights either.....but will go on it in September. Glad to hear you enjoyed it and it didn't rock about in the wind........

I am glad to hear that you are going to give it a whirl (pardon the pun! :laughing:). I really think you'll enjoy it.

Just thinking about the Eye makes me break out into a cold sweat! I'm SO scared of heights.

Glad you enjoyed it!

I'm the same way.....the Trolley Train at IOA makes me white-knuckled :rotfl:.... but the Eye was so wonderful! I am shocked that they have found a way to get you up that high without it being fearful.

Gina...thank you for letting us know about the EYE. It will be on my list to do in December.

That's awesome! I really think you'll enjoy it :) . Are you planning on taking in the Sea Life Aquarium or Madame Tussauds while you are there?

----------------------------------

Well, we are here at the final night. I always hate the overpowering sadness of the last night. I am terrible at endings.

That said, I have nothing to be down about......just the opposite. We have had a simply amazing vacation: the weather has been perfect, the crowds have been low, the parks have been soooo much fun, and we have made so many incredible memories.

We have most of the day tomorrow to enjoy before heading to the airport to drop off the rental car by 5 pm....other than a stop at Downtown Disney, Friday's plans are still up in the air (one final stop at Universal for a few hours is not out of the question :)). We fly out at 7 pm, back to Syracuse...with the drive home from there, we hope to be in the driveway by about 1:30 am on Saturday morning.

So, I guess this officially brings an end to my pre- (and during) trip report. Watch for my full trip report........in a separate thread.......coming soon. To all of you who joined me on the journey-before-the-journey, thank you so much!! Its been so much fun :teeth: .

Last edited:
What? the end already? Well that flew by for me :rotfl:
Have a fun last day and safe travels home! At least we have a trip report to look forward to!!

I'm scared on that silly trolley train too!

Hope you have a good travel day back. Don't be too sad you will be back before you know it :)

PS Can you post a link to your trip report here when you start it?

Safe trip back! What a great time you've had.

I am not a fan of heights either, but I may try the Eye if down in Orlando again. DS will be graduating from high school next year, and he gets to choose vacation place. I don't think Orlando is on the radar. But ya never know. We're westbound this year.

We are home.....dog-tired, but here safely. Our plane was delayed almost 2 hours (will explain more in my trip report) so we didn't pull into the driveway until 2:30 this morning :faint: . We just left all the luggage and stuff in the truck and will unpack it after we breakfast and shower this morning. By the time we finally arrived, all we wanted to do was sleep.

Jake was in bed when we got home (and is still there....its his day off), so I haven't had a chance to give him a big ol' bear hug yet. I can't wait until he's up. I have missed my boy in the fiercest way.

I am sitting here, enjoying a fresh cup of Tim Hortons coffee, and just wanted to pop in and say we're back before we embark on a day of unpacking and getting settled back in. I hope to get my trip report started within the next week, so stay tuned. I will definitely post a link to the report here when its finally underway!

Aww, so glad you made it safe and sound, even though in the wee hours.

Happy Mother's Day!

And I am sure Jake missed ya too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter