PTR - Disneyworld, The Dream, Disneyland and some Las Vegas Glitter

Tashinwdw

WDW - closest I will ever get to being a princess
I really am enjoying the PTRs on the page and think its a great idea to write it down and also get feedback so I thought I would give it a go to help in assisting myself to get organised.

We are basically doing the exact trip we did 2 years ago but for longer as we just didn't get to see or do enough. Also adding a few extra bonuses.

Back story, DH has severe anxiety, hates flying and cannot stand waiting, also the pressure of knowing he has to be well enough to do a particular thing can sometimes bring on the anxiety so that he gets sick and ends up not being able to attend. So ADR have to be at a minumum, Very frustrating!

There are six of us going, it will be Me, DH, DD 15, DD14, DS 13 and DS 10.

These are the plans so far

23rd August fly to LA and drive to Las Vegas until 29th August.

There will be no set days to do things while here, but this is the list of things we would like to do:
Helicopter trip to Grand Canyon
Red Rock Canyon
Death Valley
Zion National Park
and a few shows at night

29th August fly to Orlando staying at Cabana Bay
still have not booked flights - cant get a direct flight from Las Vegas so not sure who to fly with. Want to do a direct flight back with Virgin America. - on my to do list

This was going to be the part of the trip that we were gonna relax do some shopping and fit in 2 days at Universal. That was until I researched Discovery Cove - Really want to do it and that comes with Sea World and Aquatica. So our quiet time is now going to be jam packed.

still trying to work out days to do what because of discovering that Labour day (i think its that holiday) is on this weekend so everywhere will be busy.

day 1 Friday arrive
day 2 Saturday Sea World
day 3 Sunday Discovery Cove
day 4 Monday Universal
Day 5 Tuesday Universal
Day 6 Wednesday relax by the pool and transfer to Wilderness Lodge or go to aquatica?????? Any suggestions on changing the days around let me know.

4th September staying at wilderness Lodge*
7th September Fathers Day - not sure where to go for breakfast/lunch that day ?? any ideas please???
10th September Transfering to Bay Lake towers
1th September Breakfast Cinderella s Table
12 September MNSSHP
*Have been trying to get a booking at Dessert Fireworks with no luck but I will keep trying for any of the dates while there.

14th September The Dream Bahamas
Will try and get a Brunch Booking at the 90 day mark if not will try as soon as we board. A few of the excursions we looked at probably wont do now as we will do the dolphin swim etc at Discovery cove. Looking at doing a walking tour or just the markets. What do you guys suggest? Thinking of spending more time on the ship instead of on land.

18th September Staying at The Boardwalk
Looking at doing 50s Diner on the 21st
SciFi on a different night depending when I can get a fast pass to Fantasmic.

25th September fly to LA and on to Aneheim
3 days at Disneyland and that night fly home to Australia :sad2:

Thats so far, still a lot to do and pay for. Waiting on payment at end of financial year so alot is on hold, starting to get a bit stressed, hopefully it will be enough payment to pay for this holiday;) otherwise we wont be eating :)

While at WDW we will be doing the parks including water parks (love them) and Downtown Disney, also the girls and I will be resort hopping, checking them all out while the boys veg by the pool or play, fish, ride etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Another PTR. YAY!

Your plans look great.

Father's Day in the US is a different day to Father's Day in Australia/UK. Are you after something distinctively male or fine dining or are you after something else?

As it is a Sunday.......What about a Gospel brunch at House of Blues? Is this something that might appeal? You might have to check the schedule to see if it is 'on' for that Sunday.

Sounds great.
I don't know if I would bother with a fastpass for fantasmic, we were there last Sept and walked up there half a hour before it started, got a seat fine. Though it was the only day we didn't have our ponchos and it started pouring rain about 5 mins from the end.
IMHO Disneylands Fantasmic is way better.
If you are stressing re dollars, is there a need to also visit Disneyland, have you stayed in Hollywood?
We have stayed twice in a hotel called Hollywood Orchid Suites, just behind Hollywood Blvde, one stop on the train to Universal Studios.
It is right at the Hollywood & highland shopping mall, excellent spot, Hollywood sign right there. U cant book with aussie travel agents though.

Oooh, that all sounds fantastic!!! I'd love to do Disneyland as well but we opted for NY instead. Oh for unlimited time and funds!!

Speaking of funds, I hear you on the worries about paying for everything. I'm starting to get nervous!! I desperately want to book Disney and Universal but I'm worried I won't have the money to pay for it!!

Anyway, look forward to reading more of your plans :)

Another PTR. YAY!

As it is a Sunday.......What about a Gospel brunch at House of Blues? Is this something that might appeal? You might have to check the schedule to see if it is 'on' for that Sunday.

I looked into that but it really would not be DH's thing.

Sounds great.
I don't know if I would bother with a fastpass for fantasmic, we were there last Sept and walked up there half a hour before it started, got a seat fine. Though it was the only day we didn't have our ponchos and it started pouring rain about 5 mins from the end.
IMHO Disneylands Fantasmic is way better.
If you are stressing re dollars, is there a need to also visit Disneyland, have you stayed in Hollywood?
We have stayed twice in a hotel called Hollywood Orchid Suites, just behind Hollywood Blvde, one stop on the train to Universal Studios.
It is right at the Hollywood & highland shopping mall, excellent spot, Hollywood sign right there. U cant book with aussie travel agents though.

I did LA etc years ago and didnt like it at all, there may have been other factors that made it the worst part of my trip but since then have not wanted to spend any time there. We did do Universal LA on our last day last time but again had problems and it just soured the day, DH suggested doing Disneyland, and as he is leaving most everything up to me I thought I would jump at doing the few things he has suggested.

Oooh, that all sounds fantastic!!! I'd love to do Disneyland as well but we opted for NY instead. Oh for unlimited time and funds!!

I loved NY and would love to go there again, if we had the funds we would definitely go there as well as New Orleans again, The girls and I want to do Europe in a few years so hoping to tag that on the end of that trip. As it will just be 3 instead of 6 we will have more funds to play with.

I have purchased Disneyworld annual passes as it worked out cheaper, just got to take note of discounts to utilise them, as well as the DVC discounts it should bring the eating costs down. As we have villas in each resort we will be eating in for at least one meal.

Another wonderful sounding trip! I'll be at DLR for Labor Day weekend, and am wondering how it will be in terms of crowds etc.

Hi Tash, When i read you PTR, it was like reading mine...right down to having four children all the same ages! We are doing DL, Vegas, Universal, Dream Bahamas (18-21 Sept) and OKW, Discovery cove and start our trip on September 6th. I am the only one in our family with an annual pass, mainly to get the 'tables in wonderland' card. Have a look at it, but i've done the sums and it will save us a lot of money.
I have booked an ADR for everyday we are in the parks, but my hubby isn't thrilled that our month holiday has ended up as a spreadsheet on my Mac with every morning/afternoon/ evening accounted for!
We are doing Mnsshp as well (23/9) but i am not sure all the teenagers/hubby are thrilled about dressing up - what does your family think?
I have also pre-purchased memory maker for WDW and Photopass Plus for DL. There is also one for Universal (universal photo connect) that seems like good value. We have taken the kids to Vegas before and will try and do a few different things, but we will be dealing with extreme temps. An activity the kids will love is the 'boot canyon' zip lines just near Hoover dam. A lot of fun, just make sure you go early. Where are you staying in Vegas? Anyways, i should be cleaning the house but i find myself lurking on dis sites again!

Hi Tash, When i read you PTR, it was like reading mine...right down to having four children all the same ages! We are doing DL, Vegas, Universal, Dream Bahamas (18-21 Sept) and OKW, Discovery cove and start our trip on September 6th. I am the only one in our family with an annual pass, mainly to get the 'tables in wonderland' card. Have a look at it, but i've done the sums and it will save us a lot of money.
I have booked an ADR for everyday we are in the parks, but my hubby isn't thrilled that our month holiday has ended up as a spreadsheet on my Mac with every morning/afternoon/ evening accounted for!
We are doing Mnsshp as well (23/9) but i am not sure all the teenagers/hubby are thrilled about dressing up - what does your family think?
I have also pre-purchased memory maker for WDW and Photopass Plus for DL. There is also one for Universal (universal photo connect) that seems like good value. We have taken the kids to Vegas before and will try and do a few different things, but we will be dealing with extreme temps. An activity the kids will love is the 'boot canyon' zip lines just near Hoover dam. A lot of fun, just make sure you go early. Where are you staying in Vegas? Anyways, i should be cleaning the house but i find myself lurking on dis sites again!

Tables in Wonderland is on my to buy list (very long list)
the kids and I did MNSSHP last time but they were so tired from jet lag and the heat that they didn't want to stay long, we did some rides, the parade and a few tick and treats but that was it, they all did dress up though and liked it. DD 13 at the time even fell asleep on the bus ride over, it was very cute she was in a Belle costume. The girls cant wait to do it again and DD14 already has her costume - she is Bo Peep from Toy Story. The boys want to go but they are worried they will be to tired again, I think this time they will be fine as we would have been over there for more than 2 weeks by then. DH will not dress up. Convince them to dress up, they will really enjoy it if they do.
Loved photo pass + and will definitely be doing it again, so that is on the list with Disney and Universal - so many things still to order and book

Am going to check out the hoover zip line as it sounds like something I would want to do, thanks for letting me know about it.

It sounds like a fabulous trip you have planned.

As someone who also suffers from anxiety (albeit not severely), I really feel for your DH. It must be challenging for all of you.
Unlike your DH, I would become anxious going to WDW without bookings. Being uber-organised on trips helps me feel in control and provides me with a sense of calm.

I hope the whole trip is carefree and doesn't stress your DH too much. Anxiety is certainly not a nice illness to live with.

Sounds like an amazing trip! I love the costume your DD has picked, sounds very cute :) does she have a three headed sheep to carry around with her?

Sounds like an amazing trip! I love the costume your DD has picked, sounds very cute :) does she have a three headed sheep to carry around with her?

I dont so might have to look into getting her one:)

After many weeks of trying I finally scored a booking for Tomorrow Lands terrace Fireworks Dessert Party YAY!:cheer2: I hope it is worth it. Also booked Spirit of Oloha - though the kids do not seem to excited about this one. Anyone have any feedback on that show - is it worth it? Its costing over $400 so I really hope it is, if not I can cancel it.

Congrats on scoring the ADRs. Enjoy the Dessert Party. :goodvibes

I haven't done the Spirit of Aloha so no feedback from me.

I cant believe it is finally under 3 months, YAY! My phone countdown has been counting down since 320 days and it is so good to see its finally reached double digits. 87 days to go:banana:

I cant believe it is finally under 3 months, YAY! My phone countdown has been counting down since 320 days and it is so good to see its finally reached double digits. 87 days to go:banana:

A solid Aussie Cricketing number!

Yay! You are so close now!
In saying that, I think I'm more of a months and weeks kind of girl. Somehow '2 months 3 1/2 weeks' sounds shorter in my head than '87 days'. :rotfl2

Hey Blonkage - I noticed in your post that you got an annual pass for WDW. I am also an Aussie planning a trip for next year, looking at spending 10-12 days at WDW and getting 9 or 10 day passes.

I looked into annual passes (or at least one annual pass for the group) and just couldn't get it to make financial sense, even counting discounts on meals... If it's ok would you mind sharing a bit of insight into why you decided to go with an annual pass?

We are 2 adults, 2 kids (2 and 7) so maybe the group size makes a difference when calculating discounts etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter