PTR for Noah's wish trip -MAW/GKTW- April 7th - 13th, 2010

We have some tall hubbies here! Mine is 6'4" (and I'm only 5'1"). That's awesome that they're working with you on all the food stuff. It must make it easier knowing that you'll have at least some options in the parks.

Well we were soooo surprised and soooo excited to see our Mail Carrier pull into our driveway today and it was not Noah's vitamins! Yes it was.....

A BIG GIVE PACKAGE!!! :banana:

This one was from Crystal of IL (aka AlternateEgo)!!!

packagedogs.jpg

Not sure what was up with the stuffed animal dogs, but they were a part of the excitement!

Inside was an assortment of goodies......

For each kid there was a water bottle (great idea!), a fancy glow stick, and a puzzle!

In addition, for Abby there was a Tinkerbell dress in the most gorgeous color of blue!!

Crystal, the color of this dress looks so great with her eyes and I love the style of the pull-through bows! What a great idea!

So here's a pic of the goodies -- guess who couldn't wait and ripped open his sword! pirate: argh! Fortunately he didn't "crack" it, so now it's in a "safe" place so we can use it for one of the late nights on our trip!

Abby helped the little ones complete all of the puzzles and they made me take a picture to prove they did them! (And now safely tucked away in the cool storage tins they came in -- designed by a mom, I'm sure! ;))

Thank you, Crystal! What a fun box of goodies and a gorgeous dress! Thank you so much!!! :love::hug:

Great Big Give! The dress really does bring out Abby's eyes - beautiful!

I'm subbing!

I have a softspot for wish kids. Your story is great I love reading about the reations of your childern. My heart goes out to you as a mom I don't know what I would do if Mimi or Bebe ever got that sick. I've dealt with hospitals for RSV issue but nothing as scary as you.

Bless you and your family

Bless the Big Giver you guys are awesome, where do I sign up!

JamieSue

Welcome, JamieSue!! :banana: Blessings to you and yours as well! Thanks for following along!

One problem with Orlando is roads have more than one name. The "other" Walmart on 535 address might be Apopka-Vineland Road.

Katie

Katie -- I found one at 3250 Vineland Road --- sounds right???

Wow your DH is 6'11? I thought mine was tall but he is only 6'7" LOL

Oh and I have gained a ton of weight since the girls were born :( I'm a stress eater :( WAAAA

Stress eater here too! :headache: And it doesn't help that my 6'11" hubby can eat ANYTHING and not gain a pound! Hope the kids get his metabolism!!

Cute ribbons on the dress. It does look great with her eyes. :cutie:

My kids are going to be glowing all week long. I've rarely indulged in glow sticks so this trip is going to be a total treat. Looks like everyone will find you in the dark too.:rotfl:

I just love that color on Abby!! I know about the glowsticks-- I hardly ever buy them for the kids (we're usually not out at night, either) so they are super excited about using them on our trip!!!

Okay, making my way through your PTR, Beth! WOW...you have received some AMAZING generous gifts through the Big Give! All of the gifts and outfits are incredible. :thumbsup2

Two weeks...boy, you sound very organized...at least if I get my thoughts on paper, I am usually good to go. I'm feeling lucky that I get to see you do last minute things, and I am quietly here mirroring your thoughts and ideas and making my own little lists! You are doing a lot of the work for me, so thank you! :rotfl2:

Sounds like the parks are being really helpful on the food issues for you, which is wonderful. :)

I'm subbing in here!popcorn::

Welcome!! I learned long ago that if I wasn't organized, our house would fall apart!! :scared1: I'm not inherently organized, but I LOVE LISTS!!! Even if I never finish crossing them off, I'm lost without a list! :rotfl: I've got notebooks for this trip, believe me!! :laughing:

So are you getting packed yet!?:rotfl:

I'm REALLY close, actually! Good news is that the weather has turned back cold, so there is no need for anything "warm". So it's all getting put into suitcases! We've found one of my mom's and so hopefully we'll find the other one this weekend. I might even try to pack the "airplane bags" this weekend? Maybe? I really want to leave next weekend for cooking Noah's meals and enjoying Easter. At least that's the plan!

The kids have only one week of school :teacher: before we leave -- I figured making them do school the two days between Easter and our trip was just an exercise in futility! That said, I have great plans for this upcoming week, so there might be some groaning around here!!! :rolleyes1

I know I'm packing WAY too much, that's for sure. We'll probably end up with 5 bags -- one for the girls, one for the boys, two for me and DH, and one for STUFF (mostly food items, but extras - goodies, and such, as well). I will probably end up with too much of Noah's food but better that than not enough, for sure. Good news is that we're flying southwest, so each one of us can bring 2 bags at no charge--- that's TWELVE (12) bags! If I end up with 12 bags, we've got problems here!! :laughing::laughing:

I FREAK out if I'm feeling rushed, so that's why I'm packing so early. I'm just happy that weather wise I can do that!! ;)

Here's to a productive weekend! ;)

Hi Kelly -- I missed your post before mine ---you're getting close too!!!

Miranda was sooo great and sent us a postcard from Disney when she went on her trip and I'd love to do the same for anybody that might want one. Just PM me your address, names and any fav character if you have one -- (IF I can find them!) I just know my kids were excited to get a postcard from "Disney" and wanted to offer that to anybody else who would want it!!

Blessings,

Oh my goodness.............you ARE getting close:eek:

Time flies doesn't it?

The Big Give goodies keep on coming I see! The kids must be beside themselves with excitement.

I wish I had followed more closely and known when you were going to do your interview. "I" am the queen of "speaking first, thinking after" so I certainly wouldn't have laughed at anything you may have said:) Hope it went well!!

Enjoy the final countdown:)

Noah's wish granters came today and gave us our final packet!

I'd say it's feeling quite REAL now!!! :yay:

The kids were so happy and the wish granters brought Noah a backpack with goodies that were intended for the airplane and trip - but as soon as he saw the Lego set, we all knew there would be no waiting! :laughing: Probably better now than on the plane anyhow --- could you imagine searching around for a dropped piece??

I was also shocked by the expense check too -- I knew they'd be giving us a little, but I didn't realize it was supposed to cover the meals in the park - wow.

So it's all confirmed -- YOWSERS! 4:45am next Wednesday am we'll be on our way! :woohoo:

I have to say, I was freaking out a bit a few days ago. I just was stressed out over everything, forgetting something, nervous about Noah, etc. ,etc., etc. It probably had to do with finally getting his medical records from the "long" admission in July/Aug last year. Reading through it all just brought back some scary thoughts. Why I chose to put myself through it, I don't know. :confused3 I was just happy to finally have the records -- but I should've just put them away for a few weeks. Just bad timing, I suppose.

ANYHOW, my point of all this rambling, is that I'm really trying to just let a lot of the little planning details go! I've been way to "control freakish" about things (hmmm....things like ...Noah's food, perhaps??) and I'm just going to try to make wise decisions, but not make myself crazy! We're probably going to just play it by ear most days and ENJOY this trip -- a celebration of where we've been, where we are now, and where we might be in the future.

Is any of this making any sense? Gosh, I'm babbling. Sorry, guys!!! :sad2:

Another reason I've been thinking back a bit is that we had to write out "Noah's story" for the radiothon the other day.... To answer Pamela.....

I wish I had followed more closely and known when you were going to do your interview. "I" am the queen of "speaking first, thinking after" so I certainly wouldn't have laughed at anything you may have said:) Hope it went well!!

It did go well -- that is I didn't say anything too stupid -- but they ran out of time for much of our story. Probably a good thing, considering how emotional I am these day! :rotfl: Though we did get to meet Buddy Cianci, the infamous and always entertaining ex-mayor of providence, who was convicted of racketeering and now has his own radio show!! Gosh I love this state!

We also got to visit with Noah's nurse in the neuro clinic, who submitted him for the wish. It was great to see her and be able to share our excitement -- and of course to thank her!!

I also want to thank all of you :love: for "planning" -- and now "unplanning" with me! ;) It won't be long now!!!! :cool1:

Definitely don't stress over anything Beth!

Go and have a great time! It is going to be so much fun with your family!

Lynn

Okay...next week?!!! :eek: oh my goodness, you are coming up quick. I love your new attitude.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the whole process at the moment, and really want to appreciate the moments more than anything. Seriously, I think you sound like you've got it all together, and all of your preparation will make for a smooth trip!!

I'm going to PM you. We would love a postcard! :)

don't know how I missed your report :confused3
I just want to remind you to stop and smell the roses ;)
that was the best advice I can give you

Definitely don't stress over anything Beth!

Go and have a great time! It is going to be so much fun with your family!

Lynn

Good morning, Lynn! I'm going to try not to stress!!! ;)

Okay...next week?!!! :eek: oh my goodness, you are coming up quick. I love your new attitude.

I am feeling a little overwhelmed with the whole process at the moment, and really want to appreciate the moments more than anything. Seriously, I think you sound like you've got it all together, and all of your preparation will make for a smooth trip!!

I'm going to PM you. We would love a postcard! :)

:yay: Would love to spread the excitement -- my kids loved getting theirs -- thank you, Miranda!! :lovestruc

don't know how I missed your report :confused3
I just want to remind you to stop and smell the roses ;)
that was the best advice I can give you

Glad you found it, though!! I think it had to do with some space cadet putting 2009 instead of 2010 on it for the longest time! :confused3 (Yup, that's me!)

And thanks for the reminder to stop and smell the roses! We are definitely switching over to that mode!! :flower3: And I'm so grateful for it!

I'm feeling better about all the packing and whatnot as well! I've got most of the clothes packed, minus underwear! :laughing: My kids think that's funny and keep saying "Mom don't forget our underwear! That would be BAD!"

Haven't started working on the "airplane bags", but that'll be last minute probably. I've also started printing out Noah's recipes -- something I've been putting off FOREVER, and it's going pretty smoothly. I have a list of foods that I'm making ahead of time and I've started making some of them. I'm hoping to have "Betty Crocker" day later this week when I can do the baking -- muffins, pancakes, waffles, etc.

The funny thing is that these are things I should do every week -- most keto moms end up cooking one day for the whole week, generally. I have never subscribed to this -- mainly because I am a diehard PROCRASTINATOR!!! :sad2: So I'm happy to be having a reason to actually do this! Maybe it'll rub off in the future? :confused3 Here's hoping at least!!

I'm so excited to hear about all the new families heading down in the next few months! :cheer2: If any of you are reading this, I want you to know how AWESOME this community is! It's so great to have folks to share in all the excitement! :yay:

As far as the ADRs, I think we're just sticking with Chef Mickey's and the 50s prime time diner at DHS.

The next thing I'm excited about is seeing what the weather shows for next week! After the past weeks up here, I'll be happy to see the SUN!!! If it keeps raining, they're going to have to send a BOAT to pick us up for the airport!! :scared1:

Hope you guys are all having a good week!!!:love:

:woohoo::woohoo: So close:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yeah that your packing and cooking :-) I'm so excited for you.. I can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

I was just thinking about you all Beth! I hope your family is safe and sound in all the rain R.I. is getting!

Remeber to just have fun and enjoy the time down there...I know, easier said than done with four kiddos!:rotfl2:

Lynn

:woohoo::woohoo: So close:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

Yeah that your packing and cooking :-) I'm so excited for you.. I can't wait to hear all about it :goodvibes

I can't wait to tell you all about it too -- reading the TRs has made me crazy excited !!! :yay:

I hope you all have nice sunny warm weather while your there. No raining allowed;)

I was just thinking about you all Beth! I hope your family is safe and sound in all the rain R.I. is getting!

Remeber to just have fun and enjoy the time down there...I know, easier said than done with four kiddos!:rotfl2:

Lynn

Gosh it's so close now. I know ya'll can't wait. Found the weather for the 7th and 8th and it's high 70s and sunny!!! Linking so you can keep track of the 10 day report.
http://www.weather.com/outlook/recreation/golf/tenday/USFL0372

luckylady - thanks for the link -- I just bookmarked it!! :thumbsup2 70s and SUNNY works for me!

Of course anything other than this horrid rain works for me right now! Thanks for your thoughts, Lynn!

We've got some water in our basement, but THANKFULLY we have yet to put carpet down there (still on the infamous "to do" list! :laughing:) For once I think our procrastination worked in our favor! :thumbsup2

And it's nothing like the rest of the area -- roads closed, "no flushing toilet" bans :eek:, flooded basements, schools closed --- and it's STILL RAINING!! Forecast says it will stop soon though ... thankfully!! :worship:

So the "SUNSHINE" State sounds great about now!! ;)

70's and sun sounds awesome! I can't even imagine all the rain. I'm SO glad you don't have carpet in your basement...can you imagine dealing with that while you are trying to get packed and organized?!! :eek: I hope the rain stops soon...and you truly experience a "welcome to the sunshine state" moment when you get to Orlando!!!:cool1:

About the Wal-marts. After I posted, I drove down to GKTW and stopped at the "other" Wal-mart. As I drove out, I noticed the street here was named "Vineland", although where I turned to get on it it was "Apopka-Vineland" and at the other end it is 535. The 3250 Vineland address is correct. However, I can't figure out the address of the Publix. All I can tell you is that after you leave Wal-mart and head to GKTW, Vineland, Apopka-Vineland, 535 or whatever you want to call the road dead ends at 192 - which is where you make a left turn to go to the Village. The Publix is on the Left on that corner. I meant to post a correction, but forgot. Anyway, if you are going from I-4 towards GKTW the Walmart will be on the right just before the Osceola Parkway which is a big overpass - easy to spot. I hope this makes sense.

Oh - one other thing - our weather has actually improved. May be I am jinxing it by posting this, but we have actually seen the sun and have had highs in the upper 70's with 80's predicted for this weekend. The mornings and evenings remain cool - sweater weather.

Katie

70's and sun sounds awesome! I can't even imagine all the rain. I'm SO glad you don't have carpet in your basement...can you imagine dealing with that while you are trying to get packed and organized?!! :eek: I hope the rain stops soon...and you truly experience a "welcome to the sunshine state" moment when you get to Orlando!!!:cool1:

Thanks, Laura! The rain has stopped but our state is a MESS, as you guys might have heard on the news. FORTUNATELY our area wasn't hit as bad as the areas around the rivers. A lot of my friends are dealing with some real problems with their houses, but nothing too major.

About the Wal-marts. After I posted, I drove down to GKTW and stopped at the "other" Wal-mart. As I drove out, I noticed the street here was named "Vineland", although where I turned to get on it it was "Apopka-Vineland" and at the other end it is 535. The 3250 Vineland address is correct. However, I can't figure out the address of the Publix. All I can tell you is that after you leave Wal-mart and head to GKTW, Vineland, Apopka-Vineland, 535 or whatever you want to call the road dead ends at 192 - which is where you make a left turn to go to the Village. The Publix is on the Left on that corner. I meant to post a correction, but forgot. Anyway, if you are going from I-4 towards GKTW the Walmart will be on the right just before the Osceola Parkway which is a big overpass - easy to spot. I hope this makes sense.

Oh - one other thing - our weather has actually improved. May be I am jinxing it by posting this, but we have actually seen the sun and have had highs in the upper 70's with 80's predicted for this weekend. The mornings and evenings remain cool - sweater weather.

Katie

Thank you again, Katie! I should have no problem finding them. I pulled up google maps and it looks straightforward -- and I'm packing the Tom Tom! ;)
Will you be at GKTW next week? It would be great to meet you in person!!!

Thanks for the update on the weather too-- let's knock on wood for that one! ;) Does everybody think that a sweatshirt and shorts will be okay at night for the kids? Or should I bring sweatpants or a blanket to cuddle up in the stroller with?

Because we haven't even hit SPRING yet here, I'm way out of what warm weather gear would be! :laughing: The forecast says warm here for the weekend, but i'm not holding my breath! My memories of Easter mornings usually include us FREEZING in little white sweaters!!! I think it even snowed one time!

Beth, thank you for posting!

I knew one of our families was from RI, but I could not remember which one...

I was going to go searching today to make sure you guys were ok. I am glad you guys did not have any damage. That flooding STINKS! Literally and figuratively.

:sad2:

Glad to hear you aren't underwater over there!!! I saw a picture of the Warwick Mall yesterday on the news YIKES :eek: My college roommate lives in Barrington. I wonder if I should dig up her phone number and see if they are ok. Crazy isn't it? Did you happen to see news footage of the street in Fall River that looked like it had been victim to an earthquake!? It was all buckled and split and.........................honestly, it looked like a major earthquake had hit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter