PTR for Noah's wish trip -MAW/GKTW- April 7th - 13th, 2010

I love the Minnie Mouse twirl dress. I think I really need to learn how to read patterns. The Sea World outfits are too cute! Your trip is coming up so soon! Good Luck with the packing! :cheer2:

Good luck with the packing! No freak outs allowed! And as for the 15 pounds...why bother it is Disney! ;) Although I like the idea of it being "baby fat"...may have to try that although my baby is now 16!:lmao:

Lynn

Whoo Hoo! It sounds like things are coming together. 2 weeks left. Im so glad everyone was so helpful for Noah's meals.

Just a quick heads up about the Walmart close to GKTW, since you are planning on buying some of your special food there. I went in a couple of weeks ago and found out they are doing a major renovenation. I shop there all the time and had trouble finding things. I asked and was told they expect it to take 3 months. So, if you go there and can't find what you want - don't panic. There is another Walmart not undergoing reconstruction and has everything and is not that far away. It is on the 535 near the Osceola Pkwy - or on the road to I-4. You will pass it if you go to Sea World or Downtown Disney. The one near GKTW is still fine for most things - just not everything.

Katie

One more note - you asked about a grocery store. Both Walmarts have full groceries. About half way between the two (actually right on the corner where you turn onto the 535 is a Publix, which is a very good grocery story with prices equivalent or slightly higher -like a penny or two. I think their fresh meats and produce are generally better. The service is very good.

Katie

Good luck with the packing! No freak outs allowed! And as for the 15 pounds...why bother it is Disney! ;) Although I like the idea of it being "baby fat"...may have to try that although my baby is now 16!:lmao:

Lynn

:rotfl: I just kind of like "deadlines" for these sort of things (the weight loss, that is) to motivate me. Of course, since Ella has been born, we've had 2 family weddings, and a trip to the Outer Banks that I used as motivation -- to none avail! This trip is just the latest "deadline"!! Oh,well! :confused3 I should probably just give up at this point!!

Just a quick heads up about the Walmart close to GKTW, since you are planning on buying some of your special food there. I went in a couple of weeks ago and found out they are doing a major renovenation. I shop there all the time and had trouble finding things. I asked and was told they expect it to take 3 months. So, if you go there and can't find what you want - don't panic. There is another Walmart not undergoing reconstruction and has everything and is not that far away. It is on the 535 near the Osceola Pkwy - or on the road to I-4. You will pass it if you go to Sea World or Downtown Disney. The one near GKTW is still fine for most things - just not everything.

Katie

KATIE! Thank you so much for telling me this! :lovestruc I'm going to look up that Walmart you mentioned and write down the address (for the GPS that I had better remember to pack!). It's GREAT to have a backup plan in case they don't have the foods I have to get!!!

One more note - you asked about a grocery store. Both Walmarts have full groceries. About half way between the two (actually right on the corner where you turn onto the 535 is a Publix, which is a very good grocery story with prices equivalent or slightly higher -like a penny or two. I think their fresh meats and produce are generally better. The service is very good.

Katie

Katie --- Either you're too fast or I'm too slow -- probably both! ;) I didn't get this message until after I responded to your other one! I'm going to find that Publix for the GPS too......thanks!

I know I must sound overly crazy about food, but once we're there, it won't be as easy to mess around with changing recipes and adding different brands to our ketocalculator computer program. I've really minimized my "shopping list" quite a bit since I'm packing all the non-perishables and anything critical!! I know most wish families have said that they come home with a lot more than they came with -- but due to all the food I'm bringing, we might be one of the few exceptions!!! ;)

I'm so glad to hear how well they are working with you on the food. I'm sure that is a big relief. I can't believe how close your trip is:banana: I can't wait to hear how it goes when you get your tickets!

You seem to have it under control! Good job! It will be nice to have an excuse to relax on Easter. :goodvibes I'm ready to pack NOW. I've never done this before.

Well we were soooo surprised and soooo excited to see our Mail Carrier pull into our driveway today and it was not Noah's vitamins! Yes it was.....

A BIG GIVE PACKAGE!!! :banana:

This one was from Crystal of IL (aka AlternateEgo)!!!

packagedogs.jpg

Not sure what was up with the stuffed animal dogs, but they were a part of the excitement!

Inside was an assortment of goodies......

For each kid there was a water bottle (great idea!), a fancy glow stick, and a puzzle!

In addition, for Abby there was a Tinkerbell dress in the most gorgeous color of blue!!

Crystal, the color of this dress looks so great with her eyes and I love the style of the pull-through bows! What a great idea!

So here's a pic of the goodies -- guess who couldn't wait and ripped open his sword! pirate: argh! Fortunately he didn't "crack" it, so now it's in a "safe" place so we can use it for one of the late nights on our trip!

Abby helped the little ones complete all of the puzzles and they made me take a picture to prove they did them! (And now safely tucked away in the cool storage tins they came in -- designed by a mom, I'm sure! ;))

Thank you, Crystal! What a fun box of goodies and a gorgeous dress! Thank you so much!!! :love::hug:

Sounds like things are coming together Beth!!!!

I am SOOO glad that the parks are working with you on the food. Sean has food allergies, and is starting to really get annoyed that he can't eat what everyone else is. I will tell you, that the happiest he has been with food is at WDW!! They went so far out of their way to be sure he could have as much as the rest of us. I think his desserts were better than the rest of ours!!!

Hang in there, girl!!! Less than 2 weeks!!!! :cool1:

I found your PTR a couple of days ago and just got it all read. I have to say I am in awe of those that do the Big give. WOW! Looks like you have pulled your plans together and they look great. It's going to be a magical trip adn I cna't wait to read all about it. Your kids are adorable. Let the packing begin.

Sounds like things are coming together Beth!!!!

I am SOOO glad that the parks are working with you on the food. Sean has food allergies, and is starting to really get annoyed that he can't eat what everyone else is. I will tell you, that the happiest he has been with food is at WDW!! They went so far out of their way to be sure he could have as much as the rest of us. I think his desserts were better than the rest of ours!!!

Hang in there, girl!!! Less than 2 weeks!!!! :cool1:

I know we haven't gone yet, but the strides they are taking to see if there's anything they can do to help me out is just amazing. The Chef from DHS has forwarded me lots of nutritional info about their foods, given me ideas, etc. The chef from Seaworld was soooo nice I wanted to hug him over the phone! Unfortunately it doesn't look like Noah can eat any of their food, but he gave me every piece of info I could possibly need to ensure he can eat his own food and have a good time doing it! :cheer2: These organizations are really going up and beyond!!!

I found your PTR a couple of days ago and just got it all read. I have to say I am in awe of those that do the Big give. WOW! Looks like you have pulled your plans together and they look great. It's going to be a magical trip adn I cna't wait to read all about it. Your kids are adorable. Let the packing begin.

Welcome luckylady! Thanks for coming along on the ride!! :banana:

Those are some pretty cool glow sticks! Her dress is so cute. The Disboards sure do have some talented people here. :lovestruc

TALENTED, LOVING, GIVING, GENEROUS.....We are wowed over here!! :love::love::hug::love::love:

Gotta run -- Hasbro hospital is having their annual radiothon today and they've asked us to come share Noah's story. I tend to open my mouth before thinking, so I'm really hoping I don't say anything too STUPID!!! :headache: If you are in RI/MA you might be able to catch it around 2pm. But you have to promise not to laugh at anything STUPID I might say!!!! ;)

I'm subbing!

I have a softspot for wish kids. Your story is great I love reading about the reations of your childern. My heart goes out to you as a mom I don't know what I would do if Mimi or Bebe ever got that sick. I've dealt with hospitals for RSV issue but nothing as scary as you.

Bless you and your family

Bless the Big Giver you guys are awesome, where do I sign up!

JamieSue

One problem with Orlando is roads have more than one name. The "other" Walmart on 535 address might be Apopka-Vineland Road.

Katie

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2: WOW .... What AMAZING BIG GIVE GOODIES :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

I am just in Awe of the work, time, Love and generosity goes into the big give.
Big Givers are AMAZING!!!!!!!!

I Love all of the dresses....Beautiful and the goodies and T-shirts.. WOW

I'm so glad Disney is working with you on the meals ;)

Wow your DH is 6'11? I thought mine was tall but he is only 6'7" LOL

Oh and I have gained a ton of weight since the girls were born :( I'm a stress eater :( WAAAA

Cute ribbons on the dress. It does look great with her eyes. :cutie:

My kids are going to be glowing all week long. I've rarely indulged in glow sticks so this trip is going to be a total treat. Looks like everyone will find you in the dark too.:rotfl:

Okay, making my way through your PTR, Beth! WOW...you have received some AMAZING generous gifts through the Big Give! All of the gifts and outfits are incredible. :thumbsup2

Two weeks...boy, you sound very organized...at least if I get my thoughts on paper, I am usually good to go. I'm feeling lucky that I get to see you do last minute things, and I am quietly here mirroring your thoughts and ideas and making my own little lists! You are doing a lot of the work for me, so thank you! :rotfl2:

Sounds like the parks are being really helpful on the food issues for you, which is wonderful. :)

I'm subbing in here!popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter