PTR - NYC and Orlando

If you ever see another Cirque show, where the Category 1 seats are for La Nouba....they are pretty decent seats. Most of the other shows I've been to don't necessarily differentiate the seating plan the way La Nouba does; so I tend to aim for the ones that are front centre; one section up.

I used to sit in the F&C in the lower section but I always ended up with a crick in the neck after a show.

Have fun!

I bought cheap seats for La Nouba and they were fine. I'm pretty confident that you could enjoy that show from pretty much any seat.

I'm so in love with my TA, lol. 180+10 day arrives and ADRs are made without me having to lift a finger!!

Very happy, we got;
* T-Rex (dinner)
* Rainforest Cafe (AK Lunch)
* 1900 Park Fare (hopefully with a BBB booking to coincide)
* Sci Fi (dinner)
* BOG (dinner) YAY!
* Chef Mickey's (dinner)
* Mama Melrose Fantasmic dinner package

Hoping to add Hoop de Doo after the packages are released. It's all coming together, just waiting for Disney to release the packages. HOPING IT'S SOON!!!

Thanks guys. I'm even happier now I know that the packages will be released on 30 July.

I'm having surgery next week so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to surf the web researching for our trip :)

Thanks guys. I'm even happier now I know that the packages will be released on 30 July.

I'm having surgery next week so I'm sure I'll have plenty of time to surf the web researching for our trip :)

I hope it is nothing serious and good luck with it all.

Thanks guys, just my gall bladder so nothing too scary. Looking forward to the forced rest actually!

Thanks guys, just my gall bladder so nothing too scary. Looking forward to the forced rest actually!

Wow it really is the year of the gall bladder! I had mine out in May, and know of so many others who have had theirs out this year.

My surgeon had told me I wouldn't need any rest and I'd be back doing things right after the surgery. It wasn't quite like that :rotfl: But after that first week I improved dramatically in a short time and was pretty much back to normal after 2 (that's when I started my running program again anyway).

A couple of weeks ago I did overdo it bringing heavy shopping bags inside. I started feeling that scar around my belly button again. I just took it easy for a couple of days and it got better on its own. It's hard to remember about the lifting when you feel fine!

Wow it really is the year of the gall bladder! I had mine out in May, and know of so many others who have had theirs out this year. My surgeon had told me I wouldn't need any rest and I'd be back doing things right after the surgery. It wasn't quite like that :rotfl: But after that first week I improved dramatically in a short time and was pretty much back to normal after 2 (that's when I started my running program again anyway). A couple of weeks ago I did overdo it bringing heavy shopping bags inside. I started feeling that scar around my belly button again. I just took it easy for a couple of days and it got better on its own. It's hard to remember about the lifting when you feel fine!

Isn't that strange! My surgeon told me I'd only need a couple of days off and I could go back to work! I told my boss and she snorted and told me to take a week off and see how we go from there. I'm a teacher so not a terribly physical job but not one that can be done sitting down either!

Glad to hear it only took you a couple of weeks, here's hoping my recovery is just as quick!

Good luck with the gall bladder surgery ! I had mine out when I was 19 or 20 and had a week off work. I took it easy the following week but was feeling a hell of a lot better than the first week and was ok to work.

Isn't that strange! My surgeon told me I'd only need a couple of days off and I could go back to work! I told my boss and she snorted and told me to take a week off and see how we go from there. I'm a teacher so not a terribly physical job but not one that can be done sitting down either!

Glad to hear it only took you a couple of weeks, here's hoping my recovery is just as quick!

I wasn't working at the time I had mine out, so didn't have to worry about time off. I definitely wasn't feeling up to doing much that first week though, so I think your boss was on the money. It wasn't like I was bedridden or anything, and I never needed to take the Endone. But doing too much caused a nagging discomfort. It's amazing how much you use those muscles in everyday life. For example, for that first week, sweeping and doing the dishes caused me discomfort. The nurse who discharged me also advised me not to drive for a week, although the surgeon never said anything about it.

As soon as that first week was over, I felt like a whole new woman :goodvibes It was quite incredible how quickly things progressed from there!

Feeling pretty sore but don't need painkillers other than the occasional Panadol, so that's good. I'm still going to take the week off as I know that I will overdo it at work. The anaesthetist scratched my throat when putting the tube in and I've been swallowing and coughing up blood for the past couple of days. It's making eating a bit of an issue!

In holiday-related news..... Delta changed our flights again!! As with the last change I didn't mind so much as it meant we could add in a stopover in LA to break up the trip home (what I should gave done in the first place!) So before the change, our flight home looked like this..... MCO-SLC.....SLC-LAX....LAX-BNE.....BNE-MELB.....MELB -PER!! Just looking at it gives me nightmares!!! So now we are doing MCO-SLC.... SLC-LAX (24 hr stopover) then LAX-SYDNEY....SYDNEY-PER. Much more manageable!!

Now of course we need to find a hotel near LAX. Thinking Marriott or Crown Plaza, they seem to be much of a muchness. We are hoping to catch up with a friend while we are there but if not, can anyone recommend a short day trip?

Glad to hear you're doing ok. Being down to Panadol is good :thumbsup2 Pity about your anaesthetist getting your throat though - that's just what you need when you're already uncomfortable :crazy2:

Those flights do sound better :thumbsup2 I think your first itinerary was even worse than my return flights :rotfl: I've got GRK-DFW, DFW-LAX, LAX-NAN, NAN-SYD, SYD-MEL.

My parents got a recommendation for the Crowne Plaza at LAX, and decided to just go with that. I've never stayed at the airport or LA, so can't really help there.

Ok, most stuff finalised/booked now so I think it's time for an update!

Perth to Sydney - overnight at Novotel Darling Harbour
Sydney to NYC - 7 days at NYC Salisbury. Tickets to Matilda
NYC to Orlando - 4 nights on International Drive (Sky Suites), visit Legoland, Cirque du Soleil
Port Canaveral - visit KSC then stay overnight at Fairfield Inn & Suites
Disney Dream - 4 night Bahamas cruise
Universal Studios - 2 nights staying at Hard Rock Hotel
WDW - Staying at Pop Century
Orlando to Lax - Overnight Crowne Plaza LAX
LAX to Perth (via Sydney)

Just need to buy tickets now. Waiting until we are a little closer to the time though.

Still a bit short on no our spending money and getting worried! So many bills coming in right now. When I had my surgery recently I found out I have to have another surgery in a couple of months and I have to pay for it out of pocket :( $6k later.... :(

Oh and forgot to say Delta still hasn't fixed our flights since the last change. We are currently booked on 3 extra flights! Coming home twice apparently! I probably wouldn't even be concerned about it if I hadn't had a similar situation last time I flew (13 years ago mind you) where they cancelled the correct flights instead of the incorrect ones! My TA says that they can only see the correct ones on their system though so hopefully it is just a problem with the app.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter