Purchasing Animal Kingdom Villas Points

After staying at AK in December I'm not tempted at all although I might stay there. I am glad to see they are offering a discount on points as we would be tempted by Contemporary Villas and it would be nice to get a discount there :)

I am so surprised more disers are not wanting to buy into AKV weloved it when we stayed there .Would be good for a short contract and for few nights to start with .:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I am so surprised more disers are not wanting to buy into AKV weloved it when we stayed there

I think AKL is one of those resorts that you love or you hate. Personally I loved it when I stayed there. We've decided, after much persuasion on my part with DH, to make an offer for AKV points.

i have not persuaded my DH to buy but we will try next year to stay there with our points :yay: :yay:

Nope, won't be tempted to buy and doubt I'd want to stay there either, although I do like AK itself - preferably when the weather is bad, so few people around and you can actually see easily what an attractive, interesting place it is.

Nope, won't be tempted to buy and doubt I'd want to stay there either, although I do like AK itself - preferably when the weather is bad, so few people around and you can actually see easily what an attractive, interesting place it is.

having never been (made an ADR for Boma for the first time for this year) does it get over-crowded ?

can't stand when its to to busy. maybe thats why SSR suits us so much

having never been (made an ADR for Boma for the first time for this year) does it get over-crowded ?

can't stand when its to to busy. maybe thats why SSR suits us so much

Hi Ali, the problem seems to be that they have created a bottle-kneck with AK (park) which means that one area between the entrance and the Tree of Life gets very congested. And, although this sounds daft, I've noticed it always seems hotter there and then I read somewhere that this is actually so!

Sure you won't have a problem at the hotel's Boma buffet though ;)

Hi Ali, the problem seems to be that they have created a bottle-kneck with AK (park) which means that one area between the entrance and the Tree of Life gets very congested. And, although this sounds daft, I've noticed it always seems hotter there and then I read somewhere that this is actually so!

Sure you won't have a problem at the hotel's Boma buffet though ;)

funnyly enough we struggle at Ak with the heat. we thought it was because there was more walking i.e not ride based less shade.

We received some delightful marketing literature in the post this morning. Does anyone else feel that frisson of excitement when they receive something bearing the DVC logo? (No, Kev - not that kind of frisson). Since we joined, we seem to get something most weeks - makes a nice change from the rest of our mail.

We bought at SSR last year and i really wish i had waited and bought at AKL. I have stayed there twice anfd totally love it there.

I so wish that there was a way to switch points from one to another! :headache:

you will still be able to stay there using your points so don't worry pixiedust:

I agree even if you do not buy into AKV you can still stay there .That is what is so wondrful about DVC:banana:

We received some delightful marketing literature in the post this morning. Does anyone else feel that frisson of excitement when they receive something bearing the DVC logo? (No, Kev - not that kind of frisson). Since we joined, we seem to get something most weeks - makes a nice change from the rest of our mail.

we have had nothing from DVC in the mail since we joined :confused3

Don't think I would like to stay at AKL so no extra points for us
we would be tempted by Contemporary Villas and it would be nice to get a discount there

Hi, yes I get excited about the mail too. Dh is making comments that he'd like to buy a small contract at AKV but I'm not convinced... we stayed at AKL for 2 nights this last trip and I love animals and it was a fab hotel... but it was almost a bit much for me. I can't imagine staying there for 2 weeks. It felt really busy somehow... OK we were staying in SSR the rest of the time, but we stayed in AsMu last AUGUST and I don't remember that feeling as busy... weird!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter